This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Future Movies: Most Anticipated Main Characters

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Which remaining main characters do you most want to see?

Jill Pole
16%
Puddleglum
20%
King Tirian
9%
Jewel the Unicorn
6%
Aravis
16%
Shasta/Cor
13%
Polly
5%
Digory
10%
Other
5%

Total votes : 128

Re: Future Movies: Most Anticipated Main Characters

Postby wild rose » Jul 25, 2012 10:02 am

I definatly want to see Shasta/Cor and Aravis, because they are my favorite characters from my favorite of the book series, and it would be great fun and wonderful to see them come to life on big screen
The other two I chose were King Tirian, he's another favorite of mine and Jewel, the unichorn :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby DamselJillPole » Jul 25, 2012 3:26 pm

I'm really wanting to see King Tirian. Ever since I was a little girl I tried imagining what he would look like in my mind. I already do too and i'm anxious to see who they cast in the future.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Rosalia » Dec 08, 2012 9:25 pm

The ones I chose were:
-Shasta
-Aravis
As for the above two, HHB is probably my favorite Narnia book that hasn't been made into a movie, and I would really like it if they do. However, I think it could be easily chopped and changed. Not fun to imagine. :(
-Jill
I don't know why, but I'd like to see her. She was so crucial in some of Narnia's darkest moments, and... I certainly could picture that King Tirian and she liked one another.
-Puddleglum
I think that Puddleglum's personality would be difficult to capture, but well worth the effort.
It would be nice if they made all the Narnia books into well-done movies!
"Not all that is called progress moves us forward." - H.K. Ward
"Aslan's instructions always work, there are no exceptions."
-Puddleglum
Lady Rosalia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby De_De » Jul 02, 2013 2:47 pm

I agree with Lady Rosalia that Puddleglum would be quite difficult to portray. Not only his personality, but also his apperence. I guess it's difficult for me because I find it hard to imagine him (just lke it was very hard for me to imagine the one legged dwarve-thingys in VDT). I think it would have to be a very talanted director\costume designer to make him. I would love to seem him though, and I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for SC
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 02, 2013 6:04 pm

I voted for Puddleglum, Shasta/Cor and Aravis, and Jewel the Unicorn.

Others have iterated the first three quite well, but Jewel is a fascinating character: staunchly loyal, a fierce warrior, and something of a philosopher.

There's also the technical aspect of how to show him talking (which, assuming HHB comes first will already have been addressed) and fighting. I can see it coming off as sort of a dressage-like movement, though I think I'm visualising him using his horn as an edged weapon instead of a stabbing one...
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Jul 05, 2013 2:48 am

Yes, I did vote for the following three characters, Aravis, Cor/Shasta and Jill Pole. But it doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see other characters. Puddleglum is definitely a must. I want to see if the new actor doing Puddleglum's role would perform better than Tom Baker who did the BBC's Puddleglum.

Other interesting characters would be Glimfeather, and King Caspian as an old man. Not to mention Rilian. BBC's Rilian is such an angry, edgy sort of character, whilst the Family Radio CD version has Rilian a bit on the silly side. I wonder what a new actor would make of this character?

In HHB I'd want to see how the film makers would portray Lazaraleen, Ahoshta, Rabadash and the Tisroc. Those would be interesting, even if they are bit parts.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby starkat » Jul 05, 2013 3:10 pm

Jill Pole, Bree, and Hwin.

I will say this though... if they give those horses any other abilities besides being able to talk that are outside the normal range of horse behavior and capability, I will boycott the movie. There have been a few movies lately where the horses are cg'd in doing things that aren't physically possible and it drives me BANANAS. I want to see them actually acting like horses. Not some super-equine that can jump off the roof of a speeding train between cars and not shatter bones while landing perfectly on a moving target.
starkat

Postby AnimalOfNarnia » Sep 08, 2013 11:15 am

I've decided that I don't anticipate the future of the movies at this point.
AnimalOfNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby narnia fan 7 » Oct 13, 2013 6:48 pm

I vote Puddleglum, Jill Pole, Shasta/Cor, King Tirian. can't wait to hopefully see all of them on the big screen.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lilygloves » Oct 17, 2013 6:10 am

Since I've been on NW a while, I could guess that Jill and Aravis are two of the most anticipated characters to see in the films. For me, I'm excited about Jill and Puddleglum because it's my favorite book and obviously because that movie is coming out next. I also want to know who would play Aravis because she's such a great female character and she's a Tarkheena, which we've never had before. That might be why I'm looking forward to her so much, to see how she carries herself and how her behavior contrasts Shasta's.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Impending Doom » Oct 20, 2013 7:39 am

I voted for Puddleglum, Digory, King Tirian and Jewel.

Puddleglum was an easy first choice because he is one of the most memerable characters in the series, so I'm really excited to see him on the big screen!

I also picked King Tirian and Jewel because like someone posted before, they have such a strong friendship and would easily give up their own life to save the others life. It would also translate well into film because I find that in today's society we have to much value on having lots of friends even if that means `fake friends' , but in reallity if we have one good friend that loves and cares about you that's all that you need!

And lastly Digory. Growing up I related to Digory the most, wanting to go into another world and finding a cure to save my mother, so the filmmakers would need a very, very good actor to bring his character to life.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 08, 2014 10:47 pm

Wow, it was really, really hard to pick between them. They're all such wonderful characters. I ultimately went with Jill, Puddleglum, Shasta and Digory. I wanted to vote for Tirian as well, but only you can only select four, so someone had to go!

Jill Pole is not in a very good place, emotionally, when she first appears in the Chronicles of Narnia, and she really blossoms into an admirable young lady by the time the series draws to a close. I think she's a great role model for girls, and it's really interesting to watch her character grow.

Puddleglum is one of the most unique, funny and inspiring characters in the entire series. From what I've seen, Tom Baker did a great job with the role, but I'm looking forward to seeing another take on it; maybe a little more spirited. I hope they sign a really gifted actor in the role, particularly someone who really understands the character.

Shasta's always been one of my favorite characters in the entire series. He's an underdog from the beginning and you can't help wanting to root for him. He's also very humble and unassuming. I also think he shows some of the greatest courage we've ever seen in a Narnia character when he went back to "fight" the lion. He's a really hard kid to dislike.

Digory's also a character I'm looking forward to "meeting" on the silver screen. His personality is rather unique among the characters in CoN—he's driven and a bit foolhardy and reckless. He has his faults, but they make him interesting, and his virtues are very strong as well: his love for his mother, and his ability to remain steadfast when being tempted by the Witch to give the silver apple to heal the person he cares about the most. That will be quite a scene!

So hopeful that I'll be able to see all of these characters appear on the "big screen" one day! :ymdaydream:
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Ryadian » Jul 31, 2014 8:09 pm

I ended up using all four of my votes. :P I'm going in the order that they're listed in the poll, not necessarily in order of preference:

Puddleglum: I admit it, it's partly because Tom Baker's performance was so good and I'm looking forward to seeing another actor do an equally good if not better take. ;)) Besides that, Puddleglum is such a charming and unique character, and it will be really interesting to see what the film makers do with him.

Aravis: Admittedly, she just barely won out over Shasta, seeing as they're both main characters in my favorite book of the Chronicles. Aravis "won" because I'm really interested in seeing such a very different main character from any of the other books--Aravis, a Calormen girl, one who was not brought to Narnia but instead chooses to go there. Aravis is also one of my favorite Narnia characters, so there is that as well. ;)

Digory: I've actually started to get more interested in Digory's character in recent years, and now I'm really excited to see his journey in movie form. :)

Other - Bree: I'm a little sad that he didn't make it onto the poll! :P Bree is a great character--arrogant, somewhat sensible but also fairly foolish, determined to return to Narnia... I can't wait for an opportunity to see him. I'm a little concerned about how well the special effects (whatever they use) will hold out for an entire movie, but I didn't think that the effects they used for "Phillip" from LWW were that bad, and surely by the time the movie comes out, the technology will be even better? (I just hope they don't decide to make the horses fully CGI; I have a hard time believing that would be any better....)
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby Col Klink » Sep 03, 2018 6:39 pm

I voted for Puddleglum which is interesting because if I had to pick one more Narnia movie to be adapted into a movie it wouldn't be The Silver Chair. (It would be The Magician's Nephew. My second choice would be The Horse and his Boy.)

I guess I picked him because he's a species we haven't seen in a Narnia movie yet. Or any movie for that matter. It'd be interesting to see how they pulled him off. Plus Puddleglum is such a unique and quotable character. I love characters who seem like they're comedic at first but end up being dramatic too.
For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen
Col Klink
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby SSBN_Dawn_Treader » Sep 28, 2018 6:54 am

I voted for Shasta, because the third book in the series is my favourite and I was quite bummed that they didn't adapt it into a movie ; or maybe they're following the historical release order (as in, the order in which C.S. Lewis wrote the novels)?
SSBN_Dawn_Treader
NarniaWeb Regular

Previous