This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Cavern Tavern II

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Cavern Tavern II

Postby narnianerd » Aug 29, 2018 8:51 pm

Mansion

Evening y'all! I must say I'm having an absolute blast writing with everyone, it's always good to be back in dittopia. That being said, going forward, please feel free to have your characters talk to my characters. The Army keeps me quite busy, but I do try to check the thread every night. If I'm gone for more than a week or so, feel free the leave them behind, or drag them as you see fit. Otherwise, I'd appreciate the courtesy of interaction instead of simple, one sided actions. Its not normally an issue, but chronologically speaking, Ainsley now has two splints on the same leg. =)) Anywho, thank you for your time and happy writing.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby aileth » Aug 30, 2018 9:20 am

narnianerd wrote:MansionAinsley now has two splints on the same leg.

Sorry 'bout that--my fault :-s

I'm also not very experienced with this kind of interactive writing, and therefore not sure how much I can manipulate other people's characters. Will try to do better. :)
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
aileth
Peripatetic powder-room sub

Postby narnianerd » Aug 30, 2018 1:18 pm

Mansion

It does take a bit getting used to, honestly it's not that big of a deal. Just plz, whatever you do, don't dig up my first attempts at collaborative writing from the late 2000s. I think I would die from embarrassment. :ymblushing:
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Bookwyrm » Oct 13, 2018 2:19 pm

narnianerd wrote:Mansion

It does take a bit getting used to, honestly it's not that big of a deal. Just plz, whatever you do, don't dig up my first attempts at collaborative writing from the late 2000s. I think I would die from embarrassment. :ymblushing:

:ymdevil:

I don’t think those posts still exist anymore, so you’re probably safe. Unless someone has screencaps. ;;)
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Ryadian » Oct 16, 2018 7:14 pm

Mansion - Main camp

I just have to say, as angry as Faye is about all this, I love your explanation, aileth. =))
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby Lady Arwen » Oct 16, 2018 7:20 pm

Mansion

Ditto to that! Talk about moving the story forward--that was a great development!

Poor Molly, though--now she's in the hot seat. ;))
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby aileth » Oct 17, 2018 4:49 pm

Mansion

Yes, poor Molly, and now I have to get her out of trouble--if I can. I ha' me doots!
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
aileth
Peripatetic powder-room sub

Postby Delia Death » Oct 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Hi everyone!

It seems like you are all rolling along quite merrily in your island adventure. I did want to pop in and mention a small thing about time jumps, as I've seen this a couple times now: while time jumps are very helpful to move a story along, especially through an otherwise boring part, it is a courtesy among most seasoned RPers to discuss it briefly either here, in the Cavern Tavern, or as an OOC in the thread where the jump is going to take place. Sometimes, a writer has something planned, but another writer doesn't know it, and they might jump right over it! This will all be covered in more detail soon, as the Hosts are working on a writing guide for the section, which we hope to have published in the Earth year 2019.

Poisoned kisses,

Delia
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby Ryadian » Oct 21, 2018 1:44 pm

Mansion

I assumed in my last post that Faye and Jeff had already left by the time Maeve and Ainsley were having their conversation. I hope I left if vague enough to retcon if necessary, though. (Sorry, meant to post something sooner, but this weekend ran away with me.)
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby Meltintalle » Oct 21, 2018 8:04 pm

Mansion: Base Camp

Feel free to have someone yell at the dog. :p Or to have the squirrel try to loose the dog in the forest. Or something else that's clever. B-)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby stargazer » Nov 02, 2018 11:27 am

Mansion

I'm really enjoying the various twists and turns everyone's introducing. Great job!
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby stargazer » Nov 18, 2018 11:01 pm

Mansion - back on the Titan IC

Movie Aristotle and Twig's, I absolutely love your latest (Dating Game) segment! It was lots of fun to read.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Lady Arwen » Nov 19, 2018 1:05 pm

Mansion - PitterCube

By my estimation, the cube would probably be about six inches square, so it would weigh about 30 pounds. I'm assuming that, along with the fact that it is cold and probably slippery, neither girl should be able to lift it by herself.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Nov 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Mansion - Cruise
Pittersticks is a larger than normal squirrel 1-2 feet.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Lady Arwen » Nov 19, 2018 6:22 pm

Mansion - PitterCube

Then the cube probably weighs more than Grace does. =)) I'm guessing...90 lbs minimum???
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby stargazer » Nov 19, 2018 8:05 pm

Mansion - PitterCube

I found an online calculator that gives a weight for ice of about 57 lbs. per cubic foot. The girls might be able to manage pushing that around. But at 2 feet on a side, that's 8 cubic feet. Then we're going to need a crane. ;))
stargazer

PreviousNext