This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Cavern Tavern II

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Cavern Tavern II

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 31, 2018 8:23 pm

Mansion: between the ship and the shore

If anyone wants to arrive via dog rescue, feel free to have Mel paddle by and tow them the rest of the way in. Otherwise, I'll assume she arrives without incident and have her meet up with Faye's search party. :)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Aug 01, 2018 8:15 am

Mansion: Titan IC
I think Mr. Waters should be rescued by Mel. It could be hilarious.

Are we supposed to assume that there are other people aboard the boat besides the active characters or is it a really small cruise?
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Ryadian » Aug 01, 2018 10:14 am

It seems someone else had the same idea, Twigs. ;)) I've been assuming that there were other people aboard other than those who have actively posted/been posted about (at the very least, there were more stewards/stewardesses mentioned than have been actively named). I think, for simplicity's sake, it might be best to assume that anyone who isn't an active character is either on another part of the island or didn't make it to shore.
SHOW SPOILER "stargazer's last post"
I hope the former is what happened to Angie!! :-o

I suspect the search party will only find other player characters, so to speak; I only brought it up because that's what Faye would've thought to do.
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby stargazer » Aug 01, 2018 11:31 am

Mansion - On the Beach

I was thinking the same thing, Rya - that the ship would have other staff and probably passengers other than those named.

I just picked a rather short time for Dan to go searching in my latest post (half an hour), as opposed to defining how much daylight is left.

aileth, I chuckled both at the reaction to Mel's rescue and at the name of the stewardess involved.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Lady Arwen » Aug 01, 2018 9:00 pm

Mansion

I'm leaving Maeve and Kaelin out floating for now. If someone wants to find them, that's fine, if not, they'll find their way on to the island on their own.

Also, Maeve has medical field training from the wars, so she can sub in as medic if necessary.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Ryadian » Aug 08, 2018 1:37 pm

Mansion - Search Party Bravo

aileth, I assumed that Molly joined Dan and Faye for the time being - let me know if you wanted her elsewhere and I'll edit.
Ryadian

Postby aileth » Aug 08, 2018 7:48 pm

Yeah, Rya, I think she was going with them, so that's perfectly fine. I'm prepared to have my characters dragged into any sort of action, so go for it.
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
aileth
Peripatetic powder-room sub

Mansion: Cruise on the Titan IC

Postby Ryadian » Aug 12, 2018 6:55 am

Mansion - Search Parties

Depending on what it is that Molly found, you can go ahead and assume that Faye vocalizes her idea about splitting up again into two pairs as soon as the conversation allows for it - or someone else can suggest the same thing, if you're so inclined. ;)) (If Molly finds something that makes that question irrelevant, then I'll adjust Faye's plans according. ;) )

I think we've found everyone now except Maeve and Kaelin and Angie (all of whom I believe have been intentionally stranded for the time being ;) ), so once we've resolved Ainsley's broken/injured leg and Molly's discovery, how does everyone feel about doing a time skip and heading back to camp? stargazer, I know Dan will want to keep looking, and I don't know what else people have planned, I just wanted to throw the idea out there and see if we were ready to reunite everyone.
Ryadian

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Aug 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Mansion: Cruise, island, camp
aileth, could you have Mr. Waters either collect coconuts or decline to? Thanks!
Pattertwigs Pal

Postby Delia Death » Aug 12, 2018 10:48 pm

It's great to see the Tavern so active again! Just a quick reminder, please remember to label what story your posts are concerning! I know only one story is running right now, but it never hurts to built the habit. :) You can also feel free (and I've noticed some of you have already done so) to label which sub-part of your story you are discussing.

Toodles!

D. Death
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Mansion: Cruise on the Titan IC

Postby Ryadian » Aug 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Mansion - Jungle contingent

aileth, feel free to assume that Faye asked the question after they started going into the jungle if convenient for you. It seemed like that was still the plan, but I decided to be vague just in case. ;))
Ryadian

Postby Lady Arwen » Aug 19, 2018 9:19 pm

Mansion - Those Yet To Arrive

If anyone wants to be run across by/hauled in by a mermaid, shout.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby stargazer » Aug 20, 2018 12:44 pm

Mansion - Under (or in) the Sea

You read my mind, Lady Arwen! I'll be writing a post this afternoon allowing them to rescue poor Angela Baxter.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Ryadian » Aug 27, 2018 1:15 pm

Mansion - Base Camp

Since Faye does not have the training required to help Ainsley, and neither do I ;)) , I'm assuming that someone else is helping her in the background while Faye is making other plans. Feel free to have something happen retroactively between her musings, I'm just trying to get our camp set up. ;))
Ryadian

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Aug 27, 2018 6:48 pm

I plan on post in thread sometime tomorrow. People can feel free to decide what can reasonably be found in the pile of wreakage Twig's collected. There is definitely at least one door and some bits of ship's railing. Twig's also has a beach towel, a winter coat, several sweaters, embroidery floss, needles, scissors, one tube of sunscreen, and a water bottle that is not full. Oh and some larger things still down by the water like a water slide.

I really wanted to do research to figure out what could reasonably be salvaged but I don't have a cruise ship to break apart. I considered filling my bathtub and seeing if my duffel bag floats but I didn't want to ruin the bag if something went wrong.
Pattertwigs Pal

Postby Lady Arwen » Aug 29, 2018 8:20 pm

Mansion: Base Camp

Oooh, ooh, I know this one! Some bags can float because they are coated in linseed oil, which acts as a waterproofing agent. As long as the zipper isn't compromised or soaked, or the contents overly heavy, in theory, it could happen.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

PreviousNext