This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Joe Johnston talks SC at Comic-Con Paris

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Joe Johnston talks SC at Comic-Con Paris

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Nov 04, 2017 7:49 pm

Much of the cinematography is in the prep stage, isn't it? Scouting out sites etc?
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Rogin » Nov 05, 2017 10:46 am

narnia fan 7 wrote: "Prep" is just shorthand for pre-production. Casting actors, building sets, making costums etc. Basically just getting everything they need in place so filming can begin.

Oh ok. Just a more advanced stage of pre-production. I guess from now till July they'll be designing and planning out all those departments. Thanks Narnia Fan 7!
Rogin
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Mrs Smooshy » Mar 06, 2018 11:51 pm

I always thought SC was a dark story. It's why I never really cared for it as a child. Though, as someone said earlier, "dreary" is probably a better word. Unless you mean the part underground where it is literally dark. ;;) I think the children are the most flawed in this story of the series as well. No need to add in character drama in this one. ;)

I'd rather they review and rewrite the scripts than say "Good enough!" and leave it at that.
The Mr, the Mrs (that's me) and the little Smooshers....plus our cats

Fancy Signature pending......
Mrs Smooshy
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Mar 07, 2018 3:19 pm

Ah, but in this case Mr Gresham has read the script and is very pleased with it. He has much greater control over future films.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Mrs Smooshy » Mar 11, 2018 1:46 pm

I am glad to hear that. He seems to really care for the books and what they stand for. I love his introductions to the radio theatre versions we have on CD.
The Mr, the Mrs (that's me) and the little Smooshers....plus our cats

Fancy Signature pending......
Mrs Smooshy
NarniaWeb Regular

Previous