This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby Gymfan15 » Feb 13, 2018 7:14 pm

FK, I'm just behind you. I donated for Nian Gao'da, so I have more Red Candles but the limiting factor is 100% regular candles. I have plenty of Dumpling Cheese; I just don't have the time to farm candles and then light them.

Working on my third AA...second AA did not give me any Timesplit Runes. Still, each AA during this event is worth three regular AAs, so it's definitely the place I want to hunt the most because it's saving me gobs and gobs of time.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby shastastwin » Feb 14, 2018 8:33 am

I'm at 165. I've got a pretty good cycle going. I use all my candles and then take the Dumpling cheese and Nian Gao'da I've earned while hunting with them to a Stockpile location to farm candles. When I'm out of cheese, I go hunt with the candles lit. It's not giving me *oodles* of candles, but I'm making decent progress, I think. Since the bonus luck is only effective when the lantern's lit, I'm not worried about maxing it out since it won't have a lasting effect.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Varnafinde » Feb 15, 2018 1:58 am

I donated to get some candles right from the start, and I had about 60 Dumpling cheese left over from last year - so as soon as I got the Lantern (which I hunted for in Tier 6 of the Gauntlet), I hunted for a while with regular candles for Ful'Mina. Good way to farm Dragon Scales - I'm close to the trap upgrade now :)

Since then I've caught the Minotaur and got 3xRRSPG, I've caught the AA and got 3xboxes (containing 2 Runes :) ), I've caught the Artillery Commander and got 3xmechanism for skipping a wave, and the Warmonger and got 3x100 Flameshards. And I've been to FRift and finished Battery 9.

Now I'm back in BWRift, trying for at least one more AA and more runes.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » Feb 15, 2018 9:10 am

I'd like to get back into the BWRift and catch an Acolyte with my red candle before the event ends, but thus far I only have two red candles which probably won't be enough unless I get really lucky. :P So I'm still going back and forth between farming candles in FC and then cheese in MoPi.
The double candles just paid off though. Ful'Mina dropped an Essence of Destruction. :D Sent one to Kat and seeing if Rebekah needs the other.

So I think I've had one Scrap Metal, one Oasis Bead, two Essence of Destruction, one temporal shadow plate, and one Meteoric Core Fragments out of 747 Ful'Minas. Not too shabby!

I will probably hit 300ft tomorrow on the CNY event. I like the way they had the bonus Olympics and Valentines mice show up. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Feb 16, 2018 2:42 pm

I'm closing in on 300ft, but I have come to terms with that there's no feasible way for me to get to 500ft, so I'm going to only light candles when I want to maximize loot (vs lighting them just to ascend which is what I've been doing somewhat during this event). If I have some left over, that's fine; I can use them next year. Maybe make a real go at the bonus then.

I'm going after my 4th AA of the event...my third AA did not give any Timesplit Runes either but either way, I'm actually quite close to my trap. Even with no Runes on this 4th AA, I'll be at 8 Runes, and since I "owe" myself one off the MP (to replace one that I sold at a premium at the start of the area), that'll put me at 9 Runes. Just one more Rune drop will seal the deal, or I can just farm it regularly, OR I can just buy another Rune since the price is the lowest I've ever seen it. Either way, I'm quite close, since I'm not counting the 50 Cogs that I'm saving for the trap and not converting into a Rune. That's a comfortable feeling. :) I'd like to have this area swept up and done before the Birthday event, and I think I'm well on track to do that.

I'd like to see if I can squeeze a 5th AA in before the event ends, but we'll see. Not being able to active hunt while at my new job this week has slowed down the BWrift considerably. Good think that Ful'Mina with FBF is awesome for passive hunting!

ETA: FK, I've got two Meteoric Core Fragments from Ful'Mina...totally useless since I already have the trap. =))
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Feb 21, 2018 1:31 pm

As it turns out, the GWH event was the set, and the CNY was the spike. I have now caught 870 Ful'Mina mice in large part thanks to those two events and have had numerous trap part drops, with a bonus Essence of Destruction and Enigmatic Core thanks to candles. I'm really glad I was able to send several people trap pieces they didn't already have so hopefully that will speed up the recipients time in the Labyrinth. :)

I didn't manage to get up to 500ft, but after taking a look at the dog skin, I decided it wasn't worth spending real money to get it. Especially since I don't have that trap. :P ;)) I was close though, I made it to 460ft I believe.

I'm also running low on MoPi supplies, so the remainder are being saved for the egg hunt, unless I need to pop in there quickly for a map or something.

And just like that, I'm bored. ;)) You'll find me in the BWRift or working on treasure maps until the birthday event starts! Can you believe it's been 10 years!?! :-o
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Aravanna » Feb 24, 2018 9:03 pm

Congrats on the Mobster Starkat! I know you've been working on that one for a while!

As a side goal, I'd like to bronze the Rooster, Dog, and Red Candle mice. They're pretty rare though so I'm not sure the latter two will happen. Have they said when this event will end?

In an amazing moment of DLU, I got one Dog, one Rooster and two Red Candle mice the morning the event ended, bronzing them all.

Also I caught the Leprechaun during the King's giveway. :ymblushing:

Not much luck with traps through. I still haven't gotten a rune to drop from the AA. I'm hoping my luck will improve once I've bronzed him and I can at least get the base before the Spring Egg Hunt. And I can afford the first dragon trap from Moussu Picchu but I don't know that I'm going to bother getting it yet since the GWH trap is better I think. (Honestly I haven't compared them side by side yet.)

And thanks to FK I finally have the Infinite Labyrinth trap. So thanks again! :D I just need the Temporal Turbine trap from the Minotaur now. Not in a huge hurry for that one though. Again, the GWH trap was pretty comparable, plus it's prettier and I didn't buy the TT chrome upgrade from Ronza because I couldn't afford it at the time and didn't have the trap anyways.

Since the spring egg hunt has always been my favorite event, I've been prepping for that for a while. The problem is that I'm all set up in a bunch of areas I can't hunt in now... because I'm all set up. I'm set up for the Ascended Elder so I can't hunt in the Furoma Rift. I'm set up for Unstable Crystal egg so I can't hunt in the Labyrinth. I'm set up for the Deep Deep Deep egg so I can't hunt in the Sunken City. I'm set up for the Warmonger/Artillery Commander so I can't hunt in the Warpath (although no great loss there. :p ) And I'm set up for the Heart of the Meteor so I can't hunt in Fort Rox. Basically I'm stuck in the BWR and MP until the Spring Egg Hunt... which I guess is okay because I need traps from both those areas. And I can still help with maps if they have mice in lower areas.
Aravanna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby 501815188 » Feb 26, 2018 9:46 pm

I’m new to this thread, it seems for the most part to consist of End-game MouseHunters. Do I, a Lord, have a place in here?

P.S. I’ve read up on the game, so I know about the later-game areas, just haven’t reached them yet.
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby shastastwin » Feb 27, 2018 7:51 am

501815188, you're more than welcome here! We've got a few other Lord/Lady-level players here as well. The advantage of all us end-game players is we've been through the other areas and can point you in the right direction if you need it. ;)
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby 501815188 » Feb 27, 2018 6:09 pm

shastastwin wrote:501815188, you're more than welcome here! We've got a few other Lord/Lady-level players here as well. The advantage of all us end-game players is we've been through the other areas and can point you in the right direction if you need it. ;)
Thank you!

Any idea what snipe prices are rn for a Mystic run at Zugzwang’s Tower? Such help would be greatly appreciated, since I’m working on a Library Assignment rn that will need Mystic King. Chessmaster snipe prices would also be handy.
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby fantasia » Mar 01, 2018 9:53 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb 501815188! I'm curious about your username and why you chose a bunch of numbers. ;)) I'm also curious if you have any interest in Narnia or if you're just here because google brought our site up when you were searching for Mousehunt info?

You'll have to forgive me, I'm not sure what you're asking. What's a snipe price? And I'm also not sure what "rn" stands for.

I'm currently bouncing back and forth between BWRift and FRift. BWRift because it's one of my favorite areas, and FRift because a minor goal is to finish up that last battery. :) Waiting for the birthday party to start!
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Mar 01, 2018 11:10 am

501815188 wrote:
shastastwin wrote:501815188, you're more than welcome here! We've got a few other Lord/Lady-level players here as well. The advantage of all us end-game players is we've been through the other areas and can point you in the right direction if you need it. ;)
Thank you!

Any idea what snipe prices are rn for a Mystic run at Zugzwang’s Tower? Such help would be greatly appreciated, since I’m working on a Library Assignment rn that will need Mystic King. Chessmaster snipe prices would also be handy.

None of us do sniping or know much about it, so you'd have to check different FB groups dedicated to that for that kind of info. :) We won't be much help with that, I'm afraid!

Currently trying to chip away at my Easter prep list since I've realized that we're just about a month out AND there's a whole Birthday event in between. This is my current list of mice I'm trying to prep for...* denotes I've already caught them but want to do them again for Easter. I've been maintaining a list of possible "obscure" mice for a long time and sometimes I guess right, sometimes not, hence the randomness of the list, lol.

Caught Possible Mouse/Egg
T7 Dust Egg
Goliath Egg
Mid-level Gnawnia Rift Mice
Pygmy Wrangler Egg
Mole Egg
Ful'Mina
Abominable Snow
Lycan Egg
Relic Hunter Egg
Spring Familiar/Fall Familiar
Worker Egg
Farmhand Egg
Balack Egg
Master Burglar Egg
Absolute Acolyte
Zurreal Egg
Reaper Egg
Heart of the Meteor Egg
Master of the Chi Egg
Student of the Chi Egg
Supreme Sensei
* Ascended Elder
Mad Depths Egg
Rainy Egg
Windy Egg
Nightshade Maiden
Dragoon Egg
SOJO Egg
Barracuda Egg
3rd Wave Warpath Egg
Artillary Commander
* Warmonger
Chessmaster Egg
* Minotaur
* Eclipse

Anything I'm missing?
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby 501815188 » Mar 01, 2018 8:45 pm

Thank you!

fantasia_kitty wrote:Welcome to NarniaWeb 501815188! I'm curious about your username and why you chose a bunch of numbers. ;)) I'm also curious if you have any interest in Narnia or if you're just here because google brought our site up when you were searching for Mousehunt info?

You'll have to forgive me, I'm not sure what you're asking. What's a snipe price? And I'm also not sure what "rn" stands for.

I'm currently bouncing back and forth between BWRift and FRift. BWRift because it's one of my favorite areas, and FRift because a minor goal is to finish up that last battery. :) Waiting for the birthday party to start!

1. I did this username because it has meaning to me, but it’s not likely to have been taken.
2. A snipe price is the price (usually in Super Brie) that someone pays you to come on to their map, get a specific mouse (or a few), usually hard/annoying to get, and then leave.
3. “rn” means “right now”.
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby 501815188 » Mar 05, 2018 7:24 pm

How’s everyone doing on the birthday event now?
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby fantasia » Mar 05, 2018 8:50 pm

Repaired the 2008 Rift. Just got started on 2009. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a Gilded Time Travel Scroll Case. ;))
The newspaper articles are cracking me up. :))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby 501815188 » Mar 05, 2018 10:27 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:Repaired the 2008 Rift. Just got started on 2009. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a Gilded Time Travel Scroll Case. ;))
The newspaper articles are cracking me up. :))
Same on year progression, not considering donating tho. Which newspaper articles?
NarniaWeb Newbie

PreviousNext