This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby Gymfan15 » Jan 08, 2018 8:06 pm

Definitely a very profitable event! I split my Golems fairly evenly between MoPi and BWRift (with the edge given to BWRift due to me needing to do more work in that area), and then Zokor whenever I had hats/Golem parts to spare. So my loot is fairly spread out, but let's just say that I think it's fairly safe to assume that I won't need to farm Ancient String or Runic String cheese OR potions for a very long time. ;)) And I have a very healthy FBF/Dragonvine stash that ought to make a very good dent in getting my upgraded Ful'Mina trap and/or Lighting Scroll Case.

I never got anything exceptionally great from my Hats (although, I still have some still to send so it's not over yet), but still, feel pretty satisfied with my haul.

I AM looking forward to getting back to regular hunting! CNY is coming soon so I need to prep some areas for that (double loot). I also took a page out of Bee's book and realized that I could earn an easy few mil by crafting some skins with supplies I don't need anymore, but I'm missing a few components so I'll probably look into grabbing those soon since that's easily the fastest way to earn gold for me right now.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Ryadian » Jan 10, 2018 8:48 pm

I've pretty much run out of PP cheese and golem parts, so I'm going back to regular hunting. Man, I have so much loot I don't know what to do with it all. I've easily got a couple hundred potions for the different tiers of the King's Gauntlet... then proceeded to finally finish it after about 3-4 hunts. ;))

One thing is that I'm trying to catch the Keeper Mouse in the Catacombs since I never got around to it before the Halloween event or GWH. I have the Arcane Capturing Rod Of Never Yielding Mystery and I'm using Radioactive Blue Cheese, which from what I can tell is the best combination I have for catching it. So far, I have yet to even see a Keeper Mouse, let alone catch it. Is there some secret to catching it that I'm missing? You are supposed to hunt for it in the Catacombs, right? I'm three levels behind on my "main quests" and I'm hoping to finally be done with this one....
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby fantasia » Jan 11, 2018 6:04 am

No, I'm not even sure you can attract the Keeper Mouse with RB Cheese. You need Ancient Cheese. It's the better cheese to use in the Catacombs anyways, and pretty much a requirement for the Forbidden Grove (the follow up area to the Catacombs).
The crafting recipe for Ancient is 6 Ionized Salt and 3 Stale Cheese. Don't use the potions unless you have to.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Ryadian » Jan 11, 2018 7:05 am

Drat, the wiki lied to me. Thankfully, I have a whole bunch of Ancient Cheese after the GWH, so I'll start using that and see if my luck improves. Thanks!

EDIT: On my very next hunt, I finally caught the Keeper Mouse!! ...And he did not drop a Keeper Candle. Oh well, at least I know it's possible now.
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby shastastwin » Jan 12, 2018 7:05 am

Goals Upgrade Post-GWH:

-- 1010 meters in Sunken City (for Easter)
-- Rift Trap and Base upgrades from BWRift (41 Cogs and no Runes, so a looooong way to go) [but that's 7 Cogs from GWH stuff; wish they'd have given me some Runes instead of Timesplit Charms #:-s ; I'm closing in on my 8th Absolute Acolyte so here's hoping I can start looting more/better stuff soon.]
-- Draconic upgrade in MoPi (I have 7 scales and 1 tooth, so not as long now) [Yes, I looted a Ful'Mina's Tooth in GWH.]
-- Finish the refine Pollutinum adventure (haven't been eager to spend time in the TS)
-- Temporal Turbine trap from Laby (still need both Shadow Plates) [Not as urgent given the crossbow trap upgrade from GWH; paired with snowball charms, that should help even out my MoPi runs.]
-- Relic Hunter journal theme (still need 4 scraps)
-- MoPi and Lightning journal themes (I don't expect these to happen quickly, given the high prices of the stuff in the stores)

I'm fairly well set up in BWRift and MoPi for the Egg Hunt. Not sure what else I'll do between now and then besides bounce between the top 2 areas (3 if I do any Laby runs).
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Varnafinde » Jan 13, 2018 8:53 pm

wrote 1 week 5 days 56 minutes 50 seconds ago

10:40 pm - Festive Comet: New Year's Celebration
I sold 1 Enigmatic Core for 1,855,000 gold at the Marketplace.
10:39 pm - Festive Comet: New Year's Celebration
I sold 2 Really, Really Shiny Precious Gold for 340,000 gold at the Marketplace.
10:37 pm - Festive Comet: New Year's Celebration
I purchased 1 Temporal Shadow Plate for 46,748,900 gold at the Marketplace.
10:36 pm - Festive Comet: New Year's Celebration
I sold 1 Essence of Destruction for 18,300,005 gold at the Marketplace.

All those that I sold, were brought by golems.

After that, I went through my inventory and sold all I thought I could do without of skins and charms (and some crafting items) - many of which were also brought by golems. It turned out to net me 20 mil!

I decided I now had enough for a second Temporal Shadow Plate as well, and crafted the Temporal Turbine trap - and chromed it with the kit I bought from Ronza last year.

This gives me a new project for overnight hunting - to silver all the Havarti mice in Jungle of Dread. I made a lot of cheese for that project last year, and now I have the best trap for it - so when I need to do some completely passive hunting, the non-rift Dojo Sensei isn't the obvious target any more.

And for active hunting? I now have 260 Dragonvine Cheese, 296 Rainy Cheese and 296 Windy Cheese, and 296 Fire Bowl Fuel.
Then also 12 Minotaur Keys, 142 Lantern Oil, 11 Compass Magnets and 68 Shuffler's Cubes - and 1759 Glowing Gruyere Cheese.

Those are not all, but the main rewards from my golems ...
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » Jan 24, 2018 11:25 am

I haven't kept close track of how many prize mice I've caught so far, other than I have 11 keys. ;)) I have some Treasurer, Snooty, and High Rollers, but neither of the big two so far. Haven't even attracted them as far as I've noticed.

Those were very nice rewards from the big 10 chests, but as sad as this is, I was most excited to see the ancient relics LOL. Since I got my lightning scroll, I've been dangerously low on ancient relics. :P I'm back up to 66. Need 100 for an additional lightning scroll.

But, I think the next thing I'm going to do is get myself in position for a Minotaur Mouse for the CNY event.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Jan 24, 2018 7:54 pm

I've also had 11 keys, and interestingly enough, two were drops from regular mice and not prize mice. Didn't know that was possible.

I'm set up for Ful'Mina for CNY; I'm currently working on the BWrift. I also want to set up a Mino and Warmonger for CNY so probably should spend more time focusing on that, lol.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Jan 30, 2018 2:17 pm

I'm trying to decide what I want to focus on for CNY. To be honest, I don't remember exactly how the double loot drops work, so if someone wants to refresh my memory, I'd appreciate it. :)
I am set up for the Minotaur Mouse, and I may focus primarily on him, with the idea being if he drops some useful trap parts, I can pass them along to you all so more of you can check off the Labyrinth area.
I also have gobs of Fire Bowl Fuel and Dragonvine cheese supplies ready to go. I only need to save a few for the Egg Hunt, but shoot, it's so early for that I could easily farm more.

Meanwhile, the King's Giveaway has been very nice. I caught my third Mobster, but nothing else special to write home about. ;)) Mostly I appreciated the update to the King's Cart. Those Lantern Oil Charms are probably the most useful thing to me, even though I'm done with the Laby.

And the winter aura ends after tomorrow as well. I did like the free charms and SB+!

Ready for the next big Mousehunt Adventure! :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Jan 30, 2018 9:06 pm

I caught my first mobster!!!!
starkat

Postby Varnafinde » Jan 30, 2018 10:37 pm

And for active hunting? I now have 260 Dragonvine Cheese, 296 Rainy Cheese and 296 Windy Cheese, and 296 Fire Bowl Fuel.

I decided to climb up to Ful'Mina to be there before the LNY event, so I'm down to 208 Dragonvine Cheese. I only armed FBF when I reached Ful'Mina, so I still have 284 left of that.

I have silvered her now, and the catch that gave me her crown, also dropped me a Predatory Processor (which I sold for 2.6 mil at the MP) and her second tooth. Getting close to the upgraded Ballista now :)

Congratulations on your mobster! B-)
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Gymfan15 » Feb 03, 2018 10:51 am

I've just about finished my CNY prep, although some of it is maybe Easter prep since I'm not sure if I'll actually complete them during CNY. But I have three days and nothing else to do, so...lol. I plan to open a few auras once I start hunting double/triple loot to maximize my DLU; I'm hoping this little event will be quite profitable and fun.

Here's a few things I've gotten set up so they're ready to go:

Warmonger: Cleared Wardens and ready to catch
Ful'Mina: Maxed wind/rain, 700+ FBF and 550+ Dragonvine cheese.
Absolute Acolyte: 2 Sand away from emptying Hourglass (I'll finish that and then that mouse will be ready to go)
Minotaur: Just entered Lair
Furoma Rift: Bat 9, plenty of each kind of cheese. But this is probably more for Easter, lol.

I'm currently working on trying to get my MBW rage up to 50/50/50...this is more for Easter I'm guessing since I don't think I'll want to take time away from CNY to spend on MBW, but I wanted to have it ready just in case.

Speaking of Easter, I realized that it's starting to be about time where I have to start making a list of things I want to have prepped so I'm not rushing later on, lol. I need to get set up for my Fort Rox portal projector...I'll also need to get into W4 again for my Artillery Commander. Alongside all the other sundry things that will need to be prepped. I'm REALLY looking forward to Ful'Mina Eggs, hehe.

ETA: Got my 50/50/50 for the WRift! That was surprisingly not as painful as I thought it might be...used 2 Taunting charms to get it; would have been 0 if I hadn't FTC'd the one mouse I needed to balance right after I'd gotten 50/50 in the other two areas. I have 3 more Taunting Charms to use going after MBW's; between CNY and Easter I ought to get a nice little streak going. Not that I really need more WRift stuff but Rift charms are always nice.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Feb 06, 2018 9:58 pm

End of CNY day 1 and I caught the Costumed Tiger and Rabbit. That's it. :p

I found it interesting that they updated the artwork of several collectibles.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Feb 08, 2018 10:39 am

I donated for some cheese...last year I felt like I barely got to play in this event because I was traveling the whole time, so I feel justified in wanting to enjoy this one as best I can, haha.

I got my Costumed Dog mouse early yesterday morning, and have been hunting with double and triple candles with great success. I haven't gotten anything AMAZING yet but I have gotten some extremely nice loot! Hunting Ful'Mina is really the way to go if you just want to steady rake up nice stuff. I got 3 Artillary Strikes from one Artillary Commander, 3 Mysterious Acolyte Boxes from 1 AA (only one Timesplit Rune inside, though). My Warmonger didn't drop anything exceptional, but I'm trying for a Mino now. With my luck I'm sure I won't get anything nice but it's the anticipation of it, haha.

I want to try and get another AA if I can...I have enough cheese and FBF to keep me going in MoPi for quite some time, though. I'm quite close to my upgraded Draconic trap so I may stay long enough to buy that and then head back to the BWrift.

Lest you feel that I am having too much DHU, you should know that I made a major blunder last night when I accidentally left my lantern on while I was farming Red Candles all night. :(( Thankfully it was just regular Candles and not Red Candles that I wasted, but still.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Feb 08, 2018 1:39 pm

After an abysmal start two days ago, I managed to get my Costumed Dog late last night and (more importantly) the lantern.
I popped open a Lightning Chest and a Slayer Chest I had in reserved and hit Moussu Picchu. I have to say though, I'm quite disappointed by the low drop rate of Ful'Mina's Gifts, but maybe it's average and I just happened to see DiGs having really good luck. (I was hoping to get the Lightning Journal Theme. Doubt that will happen at this point.)
Anyways, once I get some red candles, I'll go hit up my good buddy the Minotaur.
There's nothing in this game that I actually NEED right now, it's just a list of niceties. So I'm focusing on Ful'Mina as she drops a variety of loot. Maybe I'll get lucky and get her to drop something really awesome while I have candles lit. ;)

ETA: I am never going to need Dragon Scales ever again....ever.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Feb 12, 2018 9:53 am

This event didn't pick the best time to coincide with real life ROFL , that's ok though, because as I said, I don't really NEED anything.
I snagged a Minotaur mouse with a red candle, but no exciting drops to write home about.
Ful'Mina is where I'm using my regular candles, but no super cool mega drops there either other than a tooth, which I don't need. I have been appreciating the double ancient relic drops. ;)) I'm somewhere in the 80s so almost to another lightning map.

As a side goal, I'd like to bronze the Rooster, Dog, and Red Candle mice. They're pretty rare though so I'm not sure the latter two will happen. Have they said when this event will end?

ETAA 2/13 @ 3:39pm - How high is everybody's lantern? Mine is almost to 220ft. Just wondering if it's possible to make it to the end without buying cheese and such.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext