This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby Gymfan15 » Nov 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Well I think I did pretty decently with the Halloween event despite being away on vacation for a good portion of it. I ended up going after a lot of Furoma ships so I should have the full month of aura by tonight or tomorrow, I think. And because I sunk so many ships, I've had a LOT of Lockbox Limburger and I've lost track of how many Shuffle tickets I've had. ;)) I think I'm definitely, definitely enjoying the bonus loot.

After Halloween ends, I'm heading back to the Warpath to grab a Console (unless someone has a spare they wanna give me). I was poking around on the Marketplace today and I noticed that Ful'Mina's Tooth (Teeth?) are going for pretty "cheap" right now (about 6mil a pop) so I'm contemplating just buying three so I can put my focus on the BWrift and building up my gold supply so I can get my darn Temporal Turbine. But we'll see. I might wait until I've got enough Scales to buy at least one Tooth, and then buy two? Or hope to get lucky with drops. I just don't want to be stuck without the upgrade when the new area comes out, but that could be months from now.

Halloween has been pretty good to me in terms of gold and SB+, so I think I think for my own peace of mind, I might go ahead and buy my way out of some of the areas that have been annoying me lately.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby fantasia » Nov 06, 2017 12:19 pm

I decided, right at the very end of the event ;)) that I'd like to get a silver crown on the Spirit Light Mouse which has been sitting in the 90s for a few years now. Luckily they're quite abundant in the Mountain, so I silvered him, along with the Candy Cat Mouse as well. I'm actually very close with the Cobweb mouse (93) but I don't think I'll finish him before tomorrow which leaves yet another event mouse I have to stare at at the top of the 90s. :P ;)) Could be worse I guess, I have the Cuttle Mouse at 97 and he's probably NEVER going to be crowned. :))

Kudos to all of you who maxed out the aura. I just couldn't bring myself to care this year, so mine is currently expired. :)) I'll bring down another ship before the day is out and that'll be the end of my Halloween event. All my focus is on Ful'Mina.

ETA: Ful'Mina has been nice to me today. 16 Ultimate Lucky Power Charms and 1 Ultimate Charm. :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Nov 10, 2017 7:14 am

Finished up the Mountain mice. That was easy. ;))

More Ful'Mina love. After getting those lovely charms up above, Ful'Mina dropped a Temporal Shadow Plate. :D I sent it to Gymmie because I don't need it and I don't need the gold. I'd rather you all have the traps.

And then this morning Ful'Mina dropped another tooth, which brings my total to 2/3. I'm currently at 451 scales, so 149 scales to go before I can get the Storm Wrought trap.

But time for another break because we're finishing up our treasure map and the Nightshade Fungalmancer is the only one left and I think I'm closest even though I'm not that close. :P ;) Maybe I'll get the base this time?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Nov 11, 2017 7:31 am

Whew...barely 24 hours later...

Went to MoPi last night as I wasn't in a good spot in the Laby to hunt overnight. Ful'Mina dropped a third and final tooth, so I have the Storm Wrought trap now. Done with MoPi until they release the update to it which involves the hunter's journal.

Artillery Commander and Ancient Booster Base left.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Nov 13, 2017 10:23 am

I think FK doesn't want to quadruple post so here goes... ;)

Just working on finishing up a few tasks after Halloween; I used up all my Chrome chests so now I'm working on a Chrome map so I can have one in my inventory for later. I FINALLY got my Chrome Temporal Turbine (thanks FK!!!) so now that's DONE; I'm one Fealty boss piece away from a 2nd Mino key for CNY, but I can grab that later.

After this map, I need to head back to the BWRift/MoPi, but I also need to spend a little more time in the Warpath too. Still missing a Console (and then I'm okay with either buying the parts to my second Portal Projector, or keep hunting till I get it).

Feeling a lot better about my progress now that I don't need to worry about going back to the Laby, lol.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Ryadian » Nov 13, 2017 11:01 am

I'd been trying to finish up the Dreaded Hoard, but I was having issues with the Magma Carrier and got frustrated, so I decided to try out the new Mountain setup instead. ;)) I feel like I'm missing something, though. Do I need to catch the new mice before I can use the new feature? Should I arm the cheese that's apparently used for it, or should I save that? I kind of wish this was already implemented when I first did the Mountain so I would've gotten the instructions at the time. ;))
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby Gymfan15 » Nov 13, 2017 11:12 am

You need Chedd-Ore for the new mice, so you need to hunt in the Mountain with some type of charm armed (it might be any charm or it might have to be a power charm; I'm not sure. I think Power charm is best though) in order to get Chedd-Ore. The setup works like the Halloween event where you had to defeat Ships; except you don't need to "fire cannonballs"; only hunt with a power charm armed.

When you hunt with Chedd-ore, you can attract/catch the new mice, plus farm the things you need to craft Abominable Asiago to catch the Abominable Snowman. You might already have caught him, though, in which case you can just save that cheese for Easter if you want.

It took me 2 batches of Chedd-ore to get all the new mice, but overall it only took me about a day or so to finish it off.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Ryadian » Nov 13, 2017 11:21 am

Aha, that makes a lot more sense!
Thanks for the explanation! :D
Ryadian

Postby fantasia » Nov 13, 2017 11:50 am

Gymmie wrote:you need to hunt in the Mountain with some type of charm armed (it might be any charm or it might have to be a power charm; I'm not sure. I think Power charm is best though)

The amount of damage done to the boulder is directly proportional to the amount of power on your charm.

Rya wrote:I'd been trying to finish up the Dreaded Hoard, but I was having issues with the Magma Carrier and got frustrated
Yeah, you don't exactly have a very good shadow trap. *looks up shadow traps* The Gorgon Trap and Clockapult are the next upgrades available to you. I think this is the part of the game where the rest of us sat in the Catacombs and farmed gold until we could afford one of those. I went straight for the Clockapult, but I don't think the Gorgon was available in the game when I was at that level.

I was able to check off another item on my to-do list last night. I snagged the Artillery Commander because I needed the Warmonger for our Slayer map that we're on. I just wanted to say that I was either unlucky or this guy was tough. It took me seven FTCs with the Chrome Monstrobot, Minotaur Base, Toxic SB, and Ultimate Ancient Charms to catch one. :P

All I have left now is the LE Base, and then I can go back to the next item which is the Relic Hunter Journal Theme. ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Ryadian » Nov 13, 2017 1:20 pm

I knew I was going to miss all that Halloween money after I'd spent it. ;)) Well, I have plenty of quests to work on right now, so I'll just keep that in the back of my mind while I get some gold. :P Well, if nothing else, I can probably look forward to making plenty of money when the holiday-that-shall-not-be-named-yet events start. ;)
Ryadian

Postby fantasia » Nov 13, 2017 10:08 pm

Ryadian wrote: I can probably look forward to making plenty of money when the holiday-that-shall-not-be-named-yet events start. ;)

You're safe to name it. It's called the Great Winter Hunt. ;)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Nov 14, 2017 8:34 am

I still need:

-- Warpath Portal Console (for Easter and completion)
-- Fort Rox Portal Console (for Easter)
-- >5k meters in Sunken City (for Easter)
-- Rift Trap and Base upgrades from BWRift (29 Cogs and no Runes, so a loooooong way to go)
-- Temporal Turbine trap from Laby (still need both Shadow Plates)
-- Trap and upgrade in MoPi (I have 265 scales and no teeth, so a long way to go on this one as well)

I have Mino Key loot and cheese for the Mountain mice in prep for Easter. I just got my fifth Relic Hunter Theme Scrap (from a normal Hard Treasure Chest at that) so I probably won't loot one for months again. 8-}

I think that covers all of my goals. I'll probably be bouncing between MoPi and BWRift when I'm not on a map of some sort until Easter. If it comes down to it, I don't mind buying the Consoles just so I can have a shot at the mice and their potential eggs.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Nov 15, 2017 7:12 pm

I know this is a stupid thing, but I just got my Soggy Journal collectible after how many years its been out now? ;))

@Eli, if you're going to buy the consoles, don't wait too long because they'll only go up in price between now and Easter.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Nov 19, 2017 10:08 pm

shastastwin wrote:I still need:

-- Warpath Portal Console (for Easter and completion)
-- Fort Rox Portal Console (for Easter)
-- >5k meters in Sunken City (for Easter)
-- Rift Trap and Base upgrades from BWRift (29 Cogs and no Runes, so a loooooong way to go)
-- Trap and upgrade in MoPi (I have 265 scales and no teeth, so a long way to go on this one as well)

I need much of the same as you (but only 2 Theme Scraps, I got my 7th scrap a couple of years ago) - let's see:

-- Warpath Portal Core and Console (for Easter)
-- Rift Trap from BWRift (5 Cogs and 1 Runes, but already got the Base)
-- Trap upgrade in MoPi (179 scales and 1 tooth, but some of this may be needed for a new Lightning Treasure Map as well)

If I happen to get enough resources to bronze the two portal mice, I will, but that's not a goal I intend to work towards. I've got one of each, and if I can be prepared in case there is an egg, that's all I want to spend an effort on. Which probably means some more Warpath Treasure maps.

Other Easter (I mean Spring Egg Hunt) preparations:
I ought to do something about collecting special cheese for the Shelder. The only egg I haven't got yet. And perhaps the only mouse you need to catch (on a map) in order to get the best cheese to catch him with.

I want to bronze the Eclipse in case I still have 4 or 5 Baitkeep charms at the SEH - I might as well leave that bronze until I can get eggs with it.

I have saved some of the new Mountain cheeses in case there are new eggs.

Other than these, I haven't thought about more new eggs to expect.

But another goal I should work on, is Furoma Rift. I have only finished 8 batteries, and I'll do the last two as well before I can say that I've finished the area.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Gymfan15 » Nov 20, 2017 7:42 pm

I don't usually start prepping for Easter mice until after the New Years Event so I haven't thought much about next year, except I did save a bit of Mountain cheese and I've got one of each Portal Projector ready to go.

Bee, maybe see if there's anybody in the map groups that would want to band together to collect Galleon Gouda...in my experience, last year worked out because there were so many people hunting for Shelders that you could go through a few maps without them taking *too* long. I actually ended up with quite a lot of surplus cheese at the end because I was able to finish up maps after I'd gotten my Shelder. I probably looted around 200 cheese between all the different maps that event, so it's not too bad. Either way, it's only a tiny bit better than just using SB+ (and we all know SB+ is plentiful during SEH) so it's more of a luck thing than a prepare thing.

Currently restocking my gold supply while I work on 1) my upgraded Draconic trap and 2) my upgraded Rift trap. Doing the occasional Relic Hunter/special map as it comes my way. Would still like a second Warpath Portal Projector so I can catch the Artillery Commander BEFORE Easter, but it's not a top priority for me right now.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Dec 01, 2017 10:12 am

For the first time ever, I filled my amplifier in six hunts thanks to the Sandcastle Shard Trap. I rarely hunt in the SG during Fall, but that's the season it was on and I figured I'd give the trap a try. Thanks to some DLU, I got the Harvester right off the bat. That saved me a whole day of hunting! ;))

I should also note that I got my Ancient Booster base a few days ago which completes all of my primary objectives.

Secondary objectives include....
~Prep for Spring Egg Hunt
~Get the Moussu Picchu theme (900 scales! :-o )
~Get a Lightning Scroll (or whatever it's called)
~Get the Lightning journal theme
~Get the Relic Hunter theme
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext