This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Millie Bobby Brown offered role of Jill Pole

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Millie Bobby Brown offered role of Jill Pole

Postby Impending Doom » Nov 08, 2017 5:17 pm

Millie Bobby Brown has reportedly been offered the role of Jill Pole in The Silver Chair. The report mentions that the offer was made back in the spring after Joe Johnston signed onto the project. No word on whether she agreed or passed on the role.

She's tremendous on Netflix's Stranger Things and is easily today's biggest child star. It's never a mistake to add talent. No doubt she would bring a lot of interest and excitement to the film!

Source: http://thathashtagshow.com/2017/11/mill ... exclusive/
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Millie Bobby Brown offered role of Jill Pole

Postby narnia fan 7 » Nov 08, 2017 6:04 pm

Guess it's not to surprising they'd want her for the role, being probably the biggest child star in the business at the moment. But I actually really hope this happens! She's fantastic in Stranger Things, one of the best child actors I've seen. I can definitely see her making a great Jill.

In a way I kind of wish we hadn't heard about this unless it was official. I'll probably be a little disappointed if she ends up passing on role. ;)) But for the time being probably best to take this news with a grain of salt.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Nov 08, 2017 6:16 pm

It's funny to see this rumor; I haven't seen the show, but just the last few days I've been wondering if the filmmakers might try to attract Stranger Things fans to SC with a similar aesthetic and/or tone. I can easily imagine Millie playing Jill, but I worry that she will be too old by the time they start filming. She'll be almost fifteen then. (Although casting her might encourage them to bump up filming dates, perhaps?)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Reepi » Nov 08, 2017 6:35 pm

The Rose-Tree Dryad wrote:It's funny to see this rumor; I haven't seen the show, but just the last few days I've been wondering if the filmmakers might try to attract Stranger Things fans to SC with a similar aesthetic and/or tone.

Well, I hope they wouldn't go too far with that and suddenly decide to set SC in the 80s :p
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Impending Doom » Nov 08, 2017 8:07 pm

narnia fan 7 wrote:But I actually really hope this happens! She's fantastic in Stranger Things, one of the best child actors I've seen. I can definitely see her making a great Jill.

I think she'd be great too! I think I would have preferred an unknown for Jill but it's not a big deal for me. If she works in the role, I'll get over it pretty quick. She would still be a fresh face to the movie-going audience for the Silver Chair's release.

The Rose-Tree Dryad wrote: I worry that she will be too old by the time they start filming. She'll be almost fifteen then.

I don't think that is too old though. 14 years old is pretty reasonable - she still has a young face. Will Poulter was 16 in VDT. Age is irrelevant when it comes to casting, they just need to look the part. Wardrobe and makeup can help with this too.

The Rose-Tree Dryad wrote:Although casting her might encourage them to bump up filming dates, perhaps?

I think the decision to push back filming dates could be because of Brown's busy scheduling. She is set to appear in the upcoming Godzilla movie in March of 2019 and the new season of Stranger Things. If she was willing to do the role - delaying production would be a no-brainer. It's not going to hurt the film financially to wait another year. She's a next level talent and her popularity is skyrocketing. Why not capitalize on that?

I'm extremely happy with the possibility of Millie Bobby Brown as Jill Pole. Jill is a complex, interesting, relatable character and Millie would be great for her. I really hope everything works out.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wolfloversk » Nov 08, 2017 8:26 pm

This would be pretty cool, I have to admit. I'm convinced she could do a great job in the role... since playing Eleven is a pretty advanced role and she nailed it. She also would have plenty of experience acting with special effects and creatures that aren't really there... which will be key in any Narnia film.

I'm wondering though if the role was offered back when Johnston came on, maybe it was passed on since nothing has been officially announced yet. (Assuming the rumor is accurate to begin with).
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Nov 08, 2017 9:02 pm

Reepi wrote:Well, I hope they wouldn't go too far with that and suddenly decide to set SC in the 80s :p

Or call it Silver Things. :P

Impending Doom wrote:I don't think that is too old though. 14 years old is pretty reasonable - she still has a young face. Will Poulter was 16 in VDT. Age is irrelevant when it comes to casting, they just need to look the part. Wardrobe and makeup can help with this too.

It could definitely work out fine, but at this point they aren't going to know how much she'll age between now and next year. So I'm a little leery of the thought of them casting her, given the filming timeline. I was hoping for a Jill that appeared at least no older than thirteen.

Impending Doom wrote:I think the decision to push back filming dates could be because of Brown's busy scheduling. She is set to appear in the upcoming Godzilla movie in March of 2019 and the new season of Stranger Things. If she was willing to do the role - delaying production would be a no-brainer.

Now that is an interesting thought. I've been puzzling over the drawn out timeline and scheduling for sought-after actors could be a possible explanation. It does seem to fit with what we know about her filming schedule next year.... :-?
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Reepicheep775 » Nov 08, 2017 10:00 pm

I can't believe we're at the casting stage already!... even if it is just a rumour.

I haven't seen Stranger Things yet, but I could see her as Jill Pole.

The Rose-Tree Dryad wrote:I worry that she will be too old by the time they start filming. She'll be almost fifteen then.

Almost 15 is certainly older than I wanted - I was hoping for the actors for Jill and Eustace to be around 12 - but I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Reepi wrote:Well, I hope they wouldn't go too far with that and suddenly decide to set SC in the 80s :p

I know this was a joke, but it reminded me how we really know next to nothing about this film. There could be a huge curve ball like that that they have yet to reveal. :-ss
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby narnia fan 7 » Nov 09, 2017 6:26 am

wolfloversk wrote:I'm wondering though if the role was offered back when Johnston came on, maybe it was passed on since nothing has been officially announced yet. (Assuming the rumor is accurate to begin with).

Yeah, I thought of this too. It's definitely a strong possibility, maybe even likely. Hopefully we won't have to wait to long to find out one way or the other.

The Rose-Tree Dryad wrote:So I'm a little leery of the thought of them casting her, given the filming timeline. I was hoping for a Jill that appeared at least no older than thirteen.

David Magee has mention numerous times of Twitter that Jill and Eustace are meant to be 12 years old in Silver Chair. Regardless of whether or not Brown ends up being is cast, I think it's likely that the actors for Jill and Eustace will be in around 12-14 range. It's not uncommon for child roles for them to cast actors that are a few years older than their character.

On a somewhat related note. In their report on this rumor Omegaunderground is saying that the studio is also currently casting for the roles of Eustace and Lady of the Green Kirtle. But the original report about Brown doesn't say anything about that, so l have no idea were they're getting this coming from.

Impending Doom wrote:I think the decision to push back filming dates could be because of Brown's busy scheduling. She is set to appear in the upcoming Godzilla movie in March of 2019 and the new season of Stranger Things.

Godzilla finished filming back in September, but yeah season 3 of Stranger Things would definitely take priority over anything else. Apparently that's filming middle of next year, so if the do really want Brown as Jill it would make sense with filming is set for late next year.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby coracle » Nov 12, 2017 6:19 am

Impending Doom wrote:I don't think that is too old though. 14 years old is pretty reasonable - she still has a young face. Will Poulter was 16 in VDT. Age is irrelevant when it comes to casting, they just need to look the part. Wardrobe and makeup can help with this too.

The thing with Will is that he was really delayed in his growth - the production was also delayed, and if he had sprouted up like Skandar did at 12/13, they would have had to recast, and would have lost an excellent actor.

I've never watched Millie's acting, so I am not informed. But there has been a lot of approval by those who have. In earlier film casting, we were hearing of young American actors who people thought should be cast. I'm glad that she is English, as there is nothing like knowing the background. I only hope she doesn't grow much more, or lose that lovely roundish face. She was delightful in the one interview I saw her in.
I await further news with interest.
And of course, the new Eustace has to look no older than her, as they are schoolmates, and we don't want a teenybopper romance!
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby fantasia » Nov 18, 2017 8:32 pm

This may or may not mean anything, but it's been several days now, and no word from the production, no word from Miss Brown's agency. I'm wondering if that means she landed the role. Or at the very least that she was offered it.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Impending Doom » Nov 19, 2017 11:09 am

fantasia_kitty wrote:This may or may not mean anything, but it's been several days now, and no word from the production, no word from Miss Brown's agency. I'm wondering if that means she landed the role. Or at the very least that she was offered it.

I'm thinking the same. Especially since the production has been very forthcoming when it comes to debunking rumors.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Reepi » Nov 20, 2017 5:15 am

Impending Doom wrote:I'm thinking the same. Especially since the production has been very forthcoming when it comes to debunking rumors.

This is so true with all kinds of movies or games. When there is a rumor that's wrong, the company in question immediately gives a statement how it's not true. If it's true, they'll either say "We don't comment on rumors", or don't say anything at all :p

Silence is very telling in these kinds of cases ;)
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Impending Doom » Dec 07, 2017 11:13 am

If anyone is doubting the validity of The HashTag Show's sources (like I was), read this. One of their 'exclusive leaks' from October just came to pass.

Original Report:Here

The Hollywood Reporter:Here

I think it's quite safe to assume she was offered the role. It just makes sense. Now it's only a matter of time until we find out if she's accepted it.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Dec 08, 2017 2:54 pm

^Good catch, ID.

One other observation: I've seen her posting about anti-bullying on Twitter, and while that's not an uncommon cause to support, I can't help but be reminded of Hannah Minghella's comments back in June. Millie also has a Twitter account dedicated to anti-bullying: @Milliestopshate. It's definitely conceivable that she would be interested in taking on the role of bullied character.
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Glumpuddle » Jan 10, 2018 9:43 pm

Little update... Mille will be staring in and producing an Enola Holmes movie. Too busy for Narnia?
http://www.narniaweb.com/2018/01/millie ... ver-chair/
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Next