This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Narnian Correspondence

Enjoy games and blogs with other NarniaWebbers.

Moderator: ValiantArcher

Narnian Correspondence

Postby ValiantArcher » Sep 19, 2016 5:56 pm

Narnian Correspondence

For this game, each poster writes a very short letter from one character to another. Each poster writes a letter to a character as the recipient of the last letter, thus picking the next letter recipient.

Rules:
1. Be creative but short.
2. General forum rules apply.

Examples:
Dear Caspian,

Please remember to eat all your vegetables, and dress up warmly when it's cold. Don't shirk your baths or your lessons; it isn't befitting a prince.

Remember Aslan!

With love,
your Old Nurse

Next poster:
Dear King Edmund,

We found your torch; you left it on the chair under your Narnian clothes. Do you mind if we use it until you return to fetch it? We will, of course, guard it most diligently as befits our kingly honour.

Sincerely,
Caspian X,
King of Narnia

P.S. Is it waterproof?

Many thanks to Meltintalle, Pattertwig's Pal, and Ryadian for the game idea! :)

Let's start off with the last letter in the example. (The next person will write a letter from Edmund.)
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Re: Narnian Correspondence

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Sep 19, 2016 6:53 pm

Dear Susan,

How is your trip to America? Lucy, Eustace and I have just come back from our own holiday voyage on the Dawn Treader, where we've had some out-of-this world adventures. Reepicheep and King Caspian X are sending you their respects.

Cheers,

Your brother Edmund.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby King_Erlian » Sep 20, 2016 3:09 am

(What an excellent idea for a game!)

Dear Peter,

Hope the preparations for the university entrance exams are going well. I don't know how you manage to keep all that stuff in your head!

America is wonderful - so colourful and exciting. New England reminds me of the forests in Narnia at times. Which reminds me: I don't know whether you've heard, but Edmund and Lucy have had another trip to Narnia! Not just by themselves, either. Remember Uncle Harold and Aunt Alberta's son, that little squirt Eustace? He went too! Through a painting of a Narnian ship in the Scrubbs' back bedroom. I've no idea how they got their hands on anything like that. I wonder if the Professor had anything to do with it? Anyway, from what Edmund says, Eustace is a changed character - for the better! I'm sure Lucy will tell you all about it, if she hasn't already.

Must sign off as we're catching a train to Philadelphia. Give my regards to the Prof.

Mother and Father send their love.

Lots of love,
Su
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Sep 21, 2016 9:51 am

Dear Lu,

Preparations for my exam are going well, although sometimes it's a little bit difficult to concentrate on maths when you're in the same room as the wardrobe that led us into Narnia! Yes, Professor Kirke still has it, even though it takes up nearly half of the space in his little spare room. As much as I wish I could go back through that wardrobe door and battle a giant or two, I'm afraid the only giants I'll be wrestling with right now are giant equations. I know you and Ed weren't very happy at the thought of spending your holidays with the Scrubbs, but cheer up! I'm sure something interesting is bound to happen sooner or later.

Your favorite brother,
Peter
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby ValiantArcher » Sep 21, 2016 4:11 pm

Dear Mr. Tumnus,

Could you please come for tea tomorrow? We will have crumpets, sardines on toast, and strawberries and cream, and Susan says she will have Cook make us a cake. I would be very pleased if you could come at 4 o'clock.

Your friend,
Lucy Pevensie,
Queen of Narnia
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Sep 22, 2016 3:02 am

My dearest Queen Lucy and the best friend I ever had,

I'd be most delighted to accept your kind invitation to come to afternoon tea with you. It would be such a pleasure to catch up on old times and to remember the adventures we have had over the past years, especially after Aslan destroyed that White Witch. I hope Queen Susan will also be there with us, so that we can both let you know what actually happened when we were at Tashbaan, and how King Edmund mixed up Prince Corin with his long-lost twin brother. I'm still a bit confused by those two, because they look so much alike. By the way, have you heard from Archenland, recently? Never mind, I'll be there at 4pm sharp and it would be grand if you could let me know if you have heard any news of them.

Your old and most loving friend,
Mr Tumnus.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby King_Erlian » Sep 23, 2016 5:47 am

To His Majesty King Lune of Archenland:

Greetings to your Majesty!

My Royal brother Edmund and I thank you so much for your wonderful hospitality in Anvard. It's always a pleasure to renew our friendship.

Congratulations also on finding your long-lost son! You must be overjoyed. Let's hope he and Corin don't fight too much!

We do hope we can return the favour and welcome you at Cair Paravel very, very soon.

With much love,
Lucy, Queen of Narnia.
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Meltintalle » Sep 24, 2016 9:22 am

To Bree in the Northern Pastures of Narnia:

Greetings to a dear friend of Archenland!

We earnestly desire the pleasure of your presence at the festivities for Prince Cor's next birthday. The lad has grown so much over the past year, and letters are no substitute for a good conversation between friends.

Most sincerely,

Lune,
King of Archenland
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby King_Erlian » Oct 05, 2016 4:59 am

Dear Mr. Beaver,

I don't wish to appear unneighbourly, but since you built your latest dam the grass in my field has dried up and it's now really rough and not at all pleasant for rolling on. Perhaps we can come to some satisfactory arrangement?

Yours,
Breehy-hinny-brinny-hooky-hah the Horse.
(Dictated to Bricklethumb the Dwarf because I can't hold a pen)
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Nov 12, 2016 8:54 pm

Dear Mr Breehy-hinny-brinny-hooey-hah,

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience to yourself. But it just so happens that now that there are no horrible White Witches about, and the world is so much better, Mrs Beaver and myself are finally looking forward to the little ones we were unable to have beforehand, and that is why I had to build a bigger dam for now. Meanwhile, whilst Narnia, itself, is flourishing so much, I'm sure you can find another field that meets your requirements until our babies are old enough to fend for themselves. I'd be more obliging, but both Mrs Beaver and myself are growing older, and it may be our last chance to welcome any beaver kits at all. I'm so concerned also for Mrs Beaver's health and well-being. She has been too tired to use her sewing machine lately.

Please say hello to Bricklethumb, and ask him if he has heard any news about Archenland and what happened to our four kings and queens. Have you heard from Hwin or Prince Cor lately?

Regards,

Mr Beaver.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby ValiantArcher » Mar 18, 2017 3:53 pm

My dear Hwin,

Greetings. How are you faring back in Narnia? Is the grass as green as you remembered? I find the grass even tastier than I had dreamed, though not all pastures are equal.

I intend to visit Cor in Archenland next Tuesday and was wondering if you would like to come along? It feels like years since I last saw him and Aravis.

Bree
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby King_Erlian » Mar 20, 2017 2:58 am

To the Hermit of the Southern March:
My dear friend,

I don't think I ever thanked you properly for your kindness and hospitality when we arrived in Archenland after our flight across the desert. The grass is very sweet here in Narnia but I remember your oats and mash with a special fondness. Bree and I will be coming over the pass to visit our former companions in Anvard next week, so would it be alright to drop in to see you some time then? I do so hope that it will be.

Your friend,
Hwin.
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby ValiantArcher » May 13, 2017 9:25 am

High King Peter,

Your majesty, it would be my honour to host you and your retinue on your next visit to Anvard. I will expect you in three weeks, per your previous letter.

I also hear that the White Stag has been spotted in your lands - may your hunting prove successful!

Respectfully,
the Hermit of the Southern March
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby Ryadian » May 27, 2017 12:20 pm

My dear Professor Kirke,

Thank you for your kind offer to help me study for my exam. I am sorry to hear that we will not be able to stay at the old house, but I am glad that you were able to bring the wardrobe with you. It'll be good to see it again. I wish the others could join us as well - we have much to talk about with our most recent adventure - but we will have to make the best of it.

Yours truly,
Peter Pevensie
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby ValiantArcher » May 27, 2017 3:57 pm

Dear Polly,

Do you remember those evacuated children I've taken in? I think they may have found their way into Narnia. It seems too much to believe after such a long time, but the oldest two came to me with a story just now that the youngest had told them about finding her way into a different world. They believed she was lying and I might have been tempted to think that as well, if it were not for two things: First, she is, in general, a very truthful child. Secondly, she claimed to have gotten into this other world through a wardrobe - the wardrobe I had made from the apple tree.

I'm determined to investigate further and see if my suspicions are correct.

Just think, Old Friend, what adventures there might be!

Yours,
Digory
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » May 27, 2017 4:11 pm

Dear Ms. Pole,

I am writing to invite you to a tea held at my home. A lot of people who have traveled to far-flung places (you might even say out of this world) will be in attendance and I think you would find the conversation very interesting. Your friend Eustace Scrubb is one such person who often comes to these gatherings, along with his Pevensie cousins, and he suggested that I send you an invitation. If you are free, please come with him to 42 Garden Avenue this Saturday at three o'clock. We would be honored by your presence.

Yours truly,
Polly Plummer
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Next