This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Mystery Mansion II

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Mystery Mansion II

Postby stargazer » Jul 20, 2015 11:47 am

Bryan paled at Delia's words and the memory of what they'd just seen in their capture attempt. Being infected was terrible for anyone, of course, but the thought of it happening to children...

The best distraction to that line of thinking was action. "Do we still want to split into teams and try to catch one? And see if Doc's ritual works? Or investigate the points of origin? That would be dangerous but might tell us how it started and if there's any way to reverse it."

He had so many questions. "How would we know if we were infected - without resorting to a ritual that makes us uneasy? Or maybe some people are immune somehow and studying that might lead to a vaccine or something."

And others he kept to himself for the moment: Was there a patient zero? How did it all get started? And how to inform and protect loved ones far away?
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Anhun » Jul 20, 2015 1:27 pm

Doc was distracted for a moment by a mental image of Annie as a LaPerm. "I'm a Nox, not a wizard, I've never practiced magic in my life. Couldn't turn people into animals if I wanted to."

"On to the source. I find it very hard to believe that this outbreak is a deliberate attack. The basic ability to execute a plan like this requires intelligence and forethought. At the same time, a willingness to execute the plan requires myopic stupidity. Maybe there's one intelligent, but completely insane person doing the whole thing, but could one person accomplish this?"
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jul 20, 2015 9:23 pm

Neal abruptly caught his fedora in mid-fall when Delia mentioned the school outbreak. "I think both an investigation and another capture attempt might be in order. Though I don't know how we would get to Monstropolis and back if things got hairy."

For the Darkling, it would be easy. Just shadow jump there and back, but for the regular humans... no, going out to investigate with a horde of zombies possibly hanging around would be a complete massacre.

"So I guess that leaves another capture attempt as our next course of action." Neal turned to Doc as she continued to muse about the cause of their problem. "Those meat-bags didn't seem too stupid when they cornered us in the tavern. I'm pretty sure they were talking to each other..."
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Delia Death » Jul 21, 2015 12:41 pm

"So, what are we doing, team capture and team theory?" Delia asked. "Who's up for hunting?"

Gamemaster's Note

Keep an eye on the Tavern Cavern--badge awards and explanations of the purpose of the badges will be posted in the Cavern sometime in the next 24 hours.
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby Melian_Maia » Jul 21, 2015 2:05 pm

Austyn had dealt with zombies before. Mostly in video games in which she was actually capable of using a knife or gun without first receiving instructions on how to do so. Anyway. She knew they were bad news and was more relieved than anything when the party returned zombie-less. She could maybe sip her coffee in peace and pretend that everything was alright.

But, of course, she wouldn't have any such luck. The continued talk of hunting zombies and the zombie plague spreading and the long road to Monstropolis made her stomach flip-flop uncomfortably and the mental image painted by the Darkling (Veal? Neal? It had to be one of the two.) of smart zombies wasn't helping the nausea go away.

When Delia asked who was ready to go hunting, Austyn spoke up, "I propose we use a buddy system. I don't want to get lost."
Draco Dormien Nunquam Titillandus
Minion to Lady A and Booky ⎮ NW sister to Ela, Mountie, and Rose.
Braintriplet to Narnia_Fan12 and narnianerd
Team Hoodie! Secret Order of the Swoosh
Melian_Maia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby stargazer » Jul 21, 2015 4:03 pm

"I like that idea. We can watch each other's back."

As unpleasant as the previous hunting attempt had turned out, Bryan knew it was an important part of solving their dilemma. "I'm up for hunting, Miss Delia, and would be glad to track again. But the zombies seem to have no qualms about being found, so I'm not sure how helpful that skill is right now."

He took out his cell phone. "There's something I should do first. Won't take but a minute."

He fired off a text message to his two children. Zombie bacteria infection. No, really. Cause unclear. Keep kids and pets inside. Will call when I can.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Anhun » Jul 21, 2015 6:37 pm

"I still think we should have a team to work on defense. This could mean fortifications, artillery logistics, escape plans or hideouts if the mansion is breached, whatever the group decides is needed and possible. There's no point in capturing a zombie if we don't have a secure place to take them. Aron's already volunteered and that's great, but this group should also include someone who knows the building, and someone who knows their way around long range weapons. Meanwhile, the people in the capture team might want to use these helmets. I couldn't find a decent gag." Doc took her helmet off at last.
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Delia Death » Jul 21, 2015 6:54 pm

"I'm out for building things," Delia replied. "But I'm pro-buddy system. Sounds like Bryan's up for going out again, and I am. I'm sort of presuming that Neal's implied he's coming...anyone else?"

Gamemaster's Note: Please take a few minutes to review the announcement in the Cavern Tavern.
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jul 21, 2015 7:00 pm

"Aye, you presume correctly." Neal said as he stood up. "Considering it's getting late, there should be more shadows for me to use this go around."
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Melian_Maia » Jul 21, 2015 7:49 pm

Ah! His name was Neal. Austin mentally highfived herself for remembering the Darkling's name, and then hoped she blended into the background well enough that she wouldn't be asked to accompany the party in their endeavors to find another zombie.

She thought about what her mother would say if she knew that Austyn was out of the house. She'd probably have a heart attack and then throw a party. Actually, thought Austyn, it might be worth going just to see my mother's reaction...

As quickly as that idea came, so did the image of flesh-eating zombies attacking her and the cruel fate of never seeing her beloved cat-dog again. "While this sounds like so much fun," she said, "I think I'll stay here. Some one has to hold down the fort and make pizza rolls for the people returning."
Draco Dormien Nunquam Titillandus
Minion to Lady A and Booky ⎮ NW sister to Ela, Mountie, and Rose.
Braintriplet to Narnia_Fan12 and narnianerd
Team Hoodie! Secret Order of the Swoosh
Melian_Maia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Anhun » Jul 21, 2015 9:09 pm

"Everyone who isn't on team capture should be on team defense. What skills do you have Austyn? I would like us to have at least 4 people so that we have 2 buddy pairs. While team capture is out, one pair will wait behind the front door to unlock it and let them in when they come back, while the other pair will work on some defense-related project. Depending on how long they take, we can switch off."
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby MountainFireflower » Jul 21, 2015 11:48 pm

Aron wasn't sure if he wanted a Life Ritual, seeing as he just got out of a coma and his body felt fragile enough as it was. Before he could answer, the conversation moved on--this time to the defense group. Aron listened carefully to what Doc said about fortifying the Mansion, then nodded. Seemed logical. Perhaps it wouldn't be a simple task, but it would help them stay safe and survive this weird twist of events. "That's a good idea. You heard Doc. Who here has skills in building and long range weapons? Anyone?"
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Delia Death » Jul 22, 2015 10:57 am

Delia looked around as no one answered.

"Ok, so it looks like nobody is an expert builder," she said slowly. "So it might not be best to plan our survival around fortifications. If anyone else wants to go hunting, speak now, or forever hold your peace. If we don't have a safe haven, time is of essence."
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby Anhun » Jul 22, 2015 11:44 am

"Actually, I was asking for someone who knows the building. Someone familiar with the layout, not necessarily someone with a construction background, although that would also be useful. But in cases of unexpected siege, ready made materials tend to be quicker to set up."

"There are three components to a defense plan: preventing approach, preventing a breach, and responding to a breach. I would like to nominate Ainsley to be in charge of the first part, 'Operation Make My Day' if you will, since she knows weapons." Doc eyed Ainsley's rifles. "I'm something of an escape artist, so I can plan the third part. The second part, involving fortifications, mostly requires visual-spatial sense and the ability to think through scenarios."
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Delia Death » Jul 22, 2015 8:11 pm

"Ok, so it looks like it's the three of us on zombie duty. Have fun planning. We'll be back in a bite...I mean, a bit," Delia grinned. "Hopefully successful this time."

Official Gamemaster Business

Given the strengths and weaknesses of the three characters and the options available in this story, your success will be determined by a 6-sided die. You must roll a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 to successfully track a zombie. If you successfully track a zombie, you must roll a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 to successfully capture a zombie. The roll will be done for you, and the characters involved will be PM'd with the result of their roll and instructed how to proceed. If you would like to modify this roll, pass on rolling, or agree to the roll, please PM a gamemaster or post in the Cavern Tavern in the next 24 hours.
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jul 22, 2015 11:44 pm

At least this one was a success... Neal thought while dragging the only partially immobilized zombie they had caught towards the mansion. Every now and then, one of the trio would have to hit the meat-bag over the head to stop it from incessantly chomping at them. The makeshift face-mask/harness/thing was doing its job, but Delia had noted it was only a temporary restraint.

The capture itself had gone smoothly, though. Delia lured a couple of the infected into an old shop where Bryan had then bolted the door shut behind them. Neal had used the abundance of shadows available to dart back and forth, confusing the zombies while also taking advantage of knocking them out. Only one of the dead had actually gone out cold, though... its companion was now a permanent part of the wallpaper in the shop.

"O.K, we get this thing inside and toss it in the..." the Darkling was interrupted by a sudden lunge towards his shoulder by their guest. "... basement, then I'll finish restraining it for the Doc to examine."

With that, Neal removed his revolver from its holster with his free hand and whacked the zombie across the head. Fortunately, the dead still seemed to react to such things in the same way as their living counterparts did.

"I really hate these things..." Neal muttered before knocking the three/four "secret knock" on the front door that the mansioners had agreed upon.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

PreviousNext