This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Silver Chair Script - Fake Rumor

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Silver Chair Script - RUMOR

Postby fantasia » Jun 20, 2015 10:43 am

I personally think it is authentic, but we have no way to verify it one way or another. We tried with no success. Ah well, one of these days we'll get some proper news to report on.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Impending Doom » Jun 20, 2015 4:33 pm

Hopeful the tweet is genuine, partially because it would really nice to have some news but also because it's already been retweeted 125 times on various account and 'liked' by hundreds more on Instagram. It spread surprisingly fast.

I appreciate the fact that Narniaweb isn't running a story on the tweet based on the simple fact that they can't confirm it (even though they may think it's legit). A lot of other fan sites would of already posted about it, claiming it as fact. Really speaks volumes about the professionalism around here. So thank you!

Also I'd like to say the tag #thesilverchair has been tweeted about over 700 times in the last few hours thanks to this rumour! People are hungry for Narnia ;)
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Jun 21, 2015 12:14 pm

Impending Doom wrote:Hopeful the tweet is genuine, partially because it would really nice to have some news but also because it's already been retweeted 125 times on various account and 'liked' by hundreds more on Instagram. It spread surprisingly fast.

I appreciate the fact that Narniaweb isn't running a story on the tweet based on the simple fact that they can't confirm it (even though they may think it's legit). A lot of other fan sites would of already posted about it, claiming it as fact. Really speaks volumes about the professionalism around here. So thank you!

Also I'd like to say the tag #thesilverchair has been tweeted about over 700 times in the last few hours thanks to this rumour! People are hungry for Narnia ;)

Yes, you're right, the rumor caused quite a commotion inside and outside the fandom. Here in Brazil, countless sites already spread the news. I agree completely with you, Impending Doom. Narnia Web is being very professional as always, to not claim the "news" as "confirmed" and "true". I appreciate that a lot, because as much as we believe in the rumor (and as much as I, personally, think that the tweet is authentic), and even if we will never get a confirmation from some official sources, we still need to be careful and wait, just like coracle said.

Wow, really??? That's amazing! People are definitely waiting for the movie, everybody wants to see a new adaptation, my hopes are touching the sky!
“In The Chronicles of Narnia we feel the magical comfort of that eternal optimism, that belief that the best is somehow always yet to come.” — Claire Fallon
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Rogin » Jun 22, 2015 12:37 pm

Impending Doom wrote: I appreciate the fact that Narniaweb isn't running a story on the tweet based on the simple fact that they can't confirm it (even though they may think it's legit). A lot of other fan sites would of already posted about it, claiming it as fact. Really speaks volumes about the professionalism around here. So thank you!

Kind of like the dozens of entertainment websites from South America? Even a couple major ones are reporting it as fact and claiming a 2017 release date, which is better than the 2016 date currently listed on IMDB but still false.

I'm thinking that Narniaweb should at least address the tweet before it catches even more fire. Just say "nothing's confirmed but there is a rumour that..." or something.

Impending Doom wrote: Also I'd like to say the tag #thesilverchair has been tweeted about over 700 times in the last few hours thanks to this rumour! People are hungry for Narnia ;)

That number is well into the thousands if you include different languages!
Rogin
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jun 22, 2015 6:33 pm

I've been away from the forums for quite some time, save for hospitality duties, and I decided to take a peak back at this section.

Wow! I sure hope that this is true! Has it really been this long?
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby starkat » Jun 23, 2015 4:59 am

Without some form of confirmation, we try not to report things on the news page. We've had times in the past where even one of our April Fools Day jokes have gotten picked up as factual news (Nicole Kidman as the White Witch anyone?). So we are very careful about what we post on our news pages.

So for now, we'll keep it marked as a rumor and keep an eye out for news! :)

Hopefully this is true, because that means that there will be news coming. :D
starkat

Postby starkat » Jun 23, 2015 11:45 am

starkat

Re: Silver Chair Script - CONFIRMED!

Postby Impending Doom » Jun 23, 2015 11:53 am

Awesome to see it's now confirmed! I hope this means we'll be getting some more news soon! :D
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fantasia » Jun 23, 2015 11:58 am

starkat wrote:Thanks to the news team who got it confirmed!

Credit where credit is due, glumPuddle did all the work. :D Thanks gP!
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby narnia fan 7 » Jun 23, 2015 12:26 pm

Great too finally have it confirmed :D :D hope we get more news soon.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jun 23, 2015 1:57 pm

Woot! So happy to hear that it's been confirmed! Thanks, gP! :ymapplause: The wheels are a starting to turn... I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next. :D
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Jun 23, 2015 4:45 pm

I can't describe in words how happy I am to know that it's confirmed! Thank you Narnia Web and thank you very much, glumPuddle!!!! Can't wait to know more about the movie!
“In The Chronicles of Narnia we feel the magical comfort of that eternal optimism, that belief that the best is somehow always yet to come.” — Claire Fallon
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jun 23, 2015 5:02 pm

It is very nice to have confirmation that it is true. Hopefully, he didn't get into any trouble that this leaked out. Does anyone know what a "normal" about of time is to work on a adapting a book to a script?
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Adeona » Jun 25, 2015 11:33 am

Good question.

I'm trying to keep from getting too excited - it's difficult! Thank you gP and our responsible NWeb team!

There was no image with the tweet, right? I'm seeing one attached to it on tumblr but it's probably a fanmade poster someone photoshopped on.
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Jun 25, 2015 1:34 pm

No, there wasn't, it was only the tweet! The poster is just a fanmade, nothing official. Something similar happened with A Series of Unfortunate Events last week, haha. A girl from tumblr created a fanmade poster for the Netflix series and everybody thought it was real, even serious sites used the picture claiming to be "official".
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » Jun 25, 2015 4:59 pm

I am cautiously anticipatory ... sometimes over-the-top excited; other times very apprehensive, especially after the significant disappointment of The VotDT. However, I must say, it is great to be getting at least some NEWS! :D

But my feelings are very much akin to glumPuddle's thoughts from about 5:50 on. And make sure to watch to the end!
B-)
johobbit

PreviousNext