This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Silver Chair Script - Fake Rumor

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Silver Chair Script - Fake Rumor

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Jun 17, 2015 7:36 pm

Friends, something showed up in my timeline just now on twitter and I don't know if I can be excited or not. It's a supposed David Magee tweet about the final draft of The Silver chair. It's right here: https://twitter.com/lotr1nerd/status/611302728111890432

He said: "Completed the final draft of The Silver Chair today. I've had the immense pleasure to work on the project for over a year now. So fulfilling."

Anyone knows if this account @davidmagee62 is real? In the profile picture we can see him with his family and the account is protected. Please, let it be real! I'm so happy I can't even like to think on the ideia of this being a false information again.
“In The Chronicles of Narnia we feel the magical comfort of that eternal optimism, that belief that the best is somehow always yet to come.” — Claire Fallon
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Will we ever see Silver Chair?

Postby Impending Doom » Jun 17, 2015 8:47 pm

I saw that too! It's caused quite a commotion on both Twitter and Instagram this evening. From what I can tell it looks pretty authentic but I'd wait to celebrate until we get an official announcement... But then again we probably won't get one.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jun 17, 2015 8:56 pm

Oh my goodness! What an intriguing find, Lake Lachrymose! :ymapplause: Just reading that tweet makes me feel so excited... it sounds like it's been a passion project for him and that makes me feel so hopeful about the film. Oh please, please let it be a genuine tweet! We need news!! :ympray:
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Jun 17, 2015 9:20 pm

Impending Doom wrote:I saw that too! It's caused quite a commotion on both Twitter and Instagram this evening. From what I can tell it looks pretty authentic but I'd wait to celebrate until we get an official announcement... But then again we probably won't get one.

Totally agree! I was thinking about waiting for a confirmation but I really doubt we will get one any time soon, if any time at all, haha. Maybe we can be surprised, who knows? *crossing fingers*

The Rose-Tree Dryad wrote:Oh my goodness! What an intriguing find, Lake Lachrymose! :ymapplause: Just reading that tweet makes me feel so excited... it sounds like it's been a passion project for him and that makes me feel so hopeful about the film. Oh please, please let it be a genuine tweet! We need news!! :ympray:

YES! Me too! The way he talked about the final draft was so caring that I can't wait to see what he did with The Silver Chair. I have so many hopes with David Magee! Please, we need this!! I really really really hope this means that they have green light to start their search for a director and for our long awaited cast!
“In The Chronicles of Narnia we feel the magical comfort of that eternal optimism, that belief that the best is somehow always yet to come.” — Claire Fallon
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby fantasia » Jun 18, 2015 5:08 am

How exciting! Well, hopefully anyways. :D :D We'll look into it and see what we can find out.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Re: Silver Chair Script - RUMOR

Postby starkat » Jun 18, 2015 9:03 am

We thought this topic deserved a thread of it's own. Cool find! We tagged it with the word RUMOR in the title only until we can find out more about it. Hopefully soon! :D
starkat

Postby Rogin » Jun 18, 2015 10:03 am

My Instagram feed was filled with screenshots of the tweet all morning and I decided to visit Narniaweb to see if it was legit. Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer for confirmation but wow! Reading the tweet made me feel something I haven't felt in a long time. I can't pin-point what it is but I'm excited for Silver Chair!
Rogin
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby narnia fan 7 » Jun 18, 2015 11:53 am

Man I hope this is legit! and not someone playing a cruel joke.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Glumpuddle » Jun 19, 2015 7:29 am

News!! Hoping to 100% verify that this is legit soon. Pretty cool!

If true, I'm assuming this means they have decided on a name for the Lady of the Green Kirtle. Hmmmmm.

My guess is that he just means his involvement with the script is complete. Most likely, other writers will be brought in to do punch-up and stuff. But it's really cool to hear about the progress.

I think the next piece of news we can except (maybe in the next year) is a distributor/financier. And then we'll get a director shortly after.
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby Anfinwen » Jun 19, 2015 10:16 am

I almost can't believe it! Please, please be real! It's been so long since we had news. I'm not on twitter, so thank you for the info, Lake Lachrymose.
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Reepicheep775 » Jun 19, 2015 10:40 am

Oooh this is exciting!

Please be real. :ympray:

glumPuddle wrote:Most likely, other writers will be brought in to do punch-up and stuff.

Hopefully not too much. David Magee seems really selective and passionate about the films he chooses to write and having him attached makes me feel confident. If we start hearing about other writers coming in aside from the director my confidence will start to drop. No more mishmashes like VDT please.
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Jun 19, 2015 11:37 am

Reepicheep775 wrote:Oooh this is exciting!

Please be real. :ympray:

glumPuddle wrote:Most likely, other writers will be brought in to do punch-up and stuff.

Hopefully not too much. David Magee seems really selective and passionate about the films he chooses to write and having him attached makes me feel confident. If we start hearing about other writers coming in aside from the director my confidence will start to drop. No more mishmashes like VDT please.

You are totally right. It's not good when they decide to rewrite the script with other writers. I agree, I think he's very selective with his screenplays and to be attached to the project for over a year can mean something. I'm honestly confident about him and I think he and the MGC will bring us a good, fresh and faithful adaptation.
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Impending Doom » Jun 19, 2015 7:10 pm

Looks like he has opened up a public account so I'll just leave the link here: https://mobile.twitter.com/mageedavid_
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Jun 19, 2015 7:16 pm

Thank you Impending Doom! I hope this is a real account!
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Jun 19, 2015 10:15 pm

It's an exciting rumour, but at the moment there is nothing to indicate that it is genuine. The screenplay writer would be under contract to keep all his information confidential, and would hardly be broadcasting it on social media.
Magee is an experienced professional, and he knows what he is doing.

So, our best advice is to leave it in the rumour basket. We don't trust it.

Coracle, mod of many parts :(
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Impending Doom » Jun 20, 2015 5:20 am

That's what you would think but his account is a very private one, with only 45 followers. There's no way he would of known it would leaak. Is he really not able to tell his friends his finished the script? Doesn't seem like to much information.

But then again you're probably right. Maybe I'm just defending the tweet because I want it to be authentic so badly. We'll see what happens.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Next