This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Mystery Mansion

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Mystery Mansion

Postby Lady Arwen » Aug 25, 2014 1:17 pm

"You won't have all the pieces," Gus said, swinging his little feet. "You've only seen Glenda, haven't you?"
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Aug 25, 2014 3:05 pm

"Well, I can't say for sure who has and hasn't seen whom, but some of us have met Glenda, yes," Cynthia said to the curious little man. "I solved a riddle for her because I have an extraordinarily high IQ. Since she keeps things neat and you stack things to please this... Mother Board... then what can we do to finagle our way into her good graces and possibly escape this wretched piece of earth? The dry air is not good for my complexion."
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Lady Arwen » Aug 25, 2014 3:43 pm

"I already told you," Gus said. "She'll tell you. You just have to find out how she's been telling you. If you have all the pieces to the puzzle, then go to the glass house. It's the best place to read codes."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Aug 25, 2014 3:48 pm

"Well, how will we know when we have all the pieces...?" Cynthia said, flicking a piece of dirt off her sleeve and wrinkling her nose. "Oh. Hmm. Is there someone else we're supposed to meet? Someone besides Glenda?"
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Lady Arwen » Aug 25, 2014 3:53 pm

Gus snorted.

"Who," he grumbled. "Yes, because Glenda knows everything. You big people are thick. It doesn't matter who you meet...it only matters where you go."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby PrinceCor004 » Aug 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Neal jumped back down from his spot on the incline as Gus began shelling out more information. He couldn't help but audibly snicker at Vegan Woman trying to communicate with the strange man in her usual way... and mostly failing.

"Your "Mother" has been leaving canisters with maps and little numbers on the dead bodies. I suppose that's how she has been contacting us, we just didn't know that's what it was." Decker glanced back up at the man in the tree. "I don't suppose you could point us in the direction we should go next, eh?"
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Lady Arwen » Aug 26, 2014 1:55 am

"You've already seen Glenda, and you're from the old house," Gus mused. "Yes, yes, I think I know where you should go."

Gus jumped down from the tree and made his way into the little hovel. The inside was slightly messy, with papers and books and dishes stacked everywhere. The little man walked over to the desk and carefully began sorting through a tall stack of papers. Finally, he came across what he wanted, folded it, and returned to Neal.

"Here," he said, handing him the paper. "That is where you want to go."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby PrinceCor004 » Aug 26, 2014 4:39 pm

"Thanks." Neal half muttered as he examined the map. "Looks like it's back to the Mansion again..." he said handing the paper over to Delia.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Aug 26, 2014 5:57 pm

"Well, that 'Go Home' sign seems to be pointing in between those two trees in the upper right hand corner," Cynthia remarked as she peered over Delia's shoulder.
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Delia Death » Aug 27, 2014 6:46 am

"I guess we should head back that way, then," Delia said, inspecting the rocks surrounding the waterfall, then beginning to climb up. "Time's a-wasting. Anyone seen cop-boy lately?"
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby PrinceCor004 » Aug 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Neal had almost completely forgotten about Cowboy what with finding the waterfall with the strange little fellow and all. "Actually, no. I thought he was with us." he mused before climbing up the rock wall.

Reaching the top ahead of everyone else, Decker scanned the area for their missing rent-a-cop.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Delia Death » Aug 27, 2014 4:59 pm

"Over there, by the bank," Delia said, pointing. They hurried over to where Jeff sat, crouched against a rock. Delia stopped a few yards away.

"I'd bet you good money he's dead," she said.
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby PrinceCor004 » Aug 27, 2014 5:04 pm

Neal took a few steps closer to where the younger man was crouched, then paused. Crouching down, the Darkling picked up a small pebble and tossed it at the cops back. The pebble hit its mark followed by the figuring teetering slightly before falling over... in the same crouched position.

"He's dead alright."
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Delia Death » Aug 27, 2014 5:08 pm

Delia walked forward and looked at Jeff, then wiped her fingers along his shirt, rubbing them together.

"He's covered in dust," she mused, examining him. "Looks like he inhaled quite a lot of it, whatever it is. I'm guessing ash--it mixes with the natural excretions of the lungs to form an impenetrable coating. Anyone who experiences it will actually suffocate while they are still breathing."

She stood up and wiped her hands off.

"That leaves four of you, and me," she said flatly. "Best keep moving."
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Aug 29, 2014 2:25 pm

"This is absolutely unacceptable!" Cynthia said, stumping after Decker and Delia. "He was the only member of law enforcement around here, and now he's gone off and died! And he was the only one to show any consideration towards leadership or proper hospitality. When we get back to Ditto Town, I am logging a formal complaint with the committee responsible for this little shindig of death."
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Delia Death » Aug 29, 2014 6:38 pm

"Enough!" Delia exclaimed, stopping short and turning, coming toe to toe with Cynthia and glaring down at her. "Statistically, you have about a twenty-five percent chance of dying next and having your soul vaporized. If you want to have any chance of living through that, you will shut your trap. If you want me to try to help you to survive at all, you'll stop whining and start applying whatever is left of your brain to the situation and see if you can figure something out. Now, I think I see the a reflection off of something, probably the building on the map. We're going to go there, and you're going to take your mind of animals and faux furs and committees that don't exist and apply it to the situation at hand. Understood?"
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

PreviousNext