This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

LWW graphic novel

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

LWW graphic novel

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 11, 2014 11:21 am

I was looking for something else when I ran across the 1995 graphic novel.

Now, I don't know anything about it except that the front cover looks cute. :p But what do y'all think? Pros? Cons? Should there be a complete set, and if so, what style artwork?

The Magician's Nephew
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Re: LWW graphic novel

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 11, 2014 11:28 am

Whoa, that is so neat! I love the art. Rather tempted to order one. ;)) And The Magician's Nephew, too? Wow. I wonder how many they actually made?

*tut tuts at the line "The Magician's Nephew is actually the first in the Chronicles of Narnia series of seven titles" in the description, however* [-( ;))
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 11, 2014 11:34 am

My limited research indicates that those are the only two out there. But yeah, I'm with you on wanting to add them to my collection of Narnia books.
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Ryadian » Jul 11, 2014 11:37 am

My sister had that! Sadly, I have no idea where it is anymore (likely at her house somewhere ;)) ), but I remember reading it when I was younger... on the rare occasion that she'd let me read it. ;)) I remember there was some discrepancy between this book and the BBC version which confused me, though as I recall, whatever it was, the graphic novel was closer to the book than the BBC version. I had no idea that there was one for The Magician's Nephew, though; I may have to look into that. :)

*Will have to bug her sister about it and find that copy!*

Personally, if they wanted to make more of these--either in the same style or started over in a new set--I'd be all for it, and willing to buy. :P :) I remember that it made for a fast enough read that I was willing to read it even before I was willing to sit down and read the whole actual book, and while it was definitely shorter than the book, my memory is that it was pretty faithful. :) If they made more of these, I would probably get them... um, for my young nephew. ;)) (And I wouldn't read them all for myself, first; of course not! ;) )
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby aileth » Jul 11, 2014 4:56 pm

But of course you must, Rya. Quality control, and all that, you know.

The artwork on the cover looks good. I wish they had a "look inside" for those. I'd like to compare it with some of the graphic novels I've seen. It seems unlikely that Robin Lawrie will do any more, seeing the amount of time that has passed. Mind you, there was a four year break in between those two, so what's a fifteen year gap?

Narnia books are still very popular in the school where I work, moreso the movie spinoff picture books (just because of the age). I think these would sell well if a whole set were put out. I know I would be interested. Once again, quality control. Must make sure they're suitable :D
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
aileth
Peripatetic powder-room sub