This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

VDT Extras Casting

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: VDT Extras Casting

Postby bkey » Nov 22, 2009 1:19 pm

They seem to be casting several young attractive actors in unknown roles (i.e, Sharon Parr, Paige Duffy, Jennifer van Heeckeren.) I'm beginning to agree with fantasia_kitty who speculated on the first page that they may be merpeople. Especially since it's stated that Van Heeckeren was cast partly due to her sword fighting abilities.

According to IMDB, Greg Poppleton has been cast as Dufflepod #1. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0973648/
bkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby PeaceAndLove » Nov 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Mirko Grillini posted a new article on his blog (It seems the filming wraped on last Sat.).
According to this article, there are 4 young actors at least, in VDT.
Georgie walked by and I finally had the opportunity of sharing some words with her... she is always so busy between the set and the school (yes, Skandar, Georgie, will and even Arabella had to take private tuitions every day between takes as part of their education progression).

We know Skandar, Georgie and Will, of course.
And I guess the role of Arabella is Gael...
I don't find any resume of Arabella yet, I could be wrong.
PeaceAndLove
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby bkey » Nov 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Awesome find, PeaceAndLove. Sounds like a job for icarus ;)
bkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby icarus » Nov 23, 2009 2:08 pm

bkey wrote: According to IMDB, Greg Poppleton has been cast as Dufflepod #1. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0973648/

Ooh, good spot! Another Dufflepud! :D 14 more to go!

Im guessing he is a relation of Allan Poppleton, the stunt co-ordinator guy on the last two films.

EDIT: Another random unknown persons. You never know when these unknown castings might come to prove significant in the future.... or maybe not... lol.

Rob Griffiths - Unknown Role
2006 graduate Rob Griffiths in Feature Film 'Narnia'. TV Series Sea Patrol.

http://www.theactorsworkshop.com.au/Wor ... udents.htm
http://www.robgriffiths.com.au/

*UPDATED*
Chelsea Van Zyl - Lost Narnian
I have been involved in Films such as "The Pacific" and most recently the newest Narnia "Invisible Army".

FILM - "Narnia Invisable Army" - Lost Narnian

EDIT 2: Chelsea Van Zyl updated her StarNow profile to include the title of her role - "Lost Narnian" (quote added above). I can easilly see how that would fit in with the whole "Slaves/MLG/Rhince Looking For His Lost Wife" plotline. Perhaps finding the Lost Lords and finding the Lost Narnians (inc. Rhince's wife) are connected?
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Nov 28, 2009 12:08 pm

Some brief profile photo updates...

A profile picture and resume for Steven Rooke, our as yet unnamed Second Faun:
http://www.kublerauckland.com/Pages/Actors/ActorsPhotoPages/StevenRooke.htm
http://www.kublerauckland.com/PdfFiles/StevenRooke.pdf

He is signed to the same agency as Mirko Grillini. His profile picture and resume can also be found there:
http://www.kublerauckland.com/Pages/Actors/ActorsPhotoPages/MirkoGrillini.htm
http://www.kublerauckland.com/PdfFiles/MirkoGrillini.pdf

And a couple of new castings...

Todd Brewer - Body Double for Lord Drinian
Movie Double for the Character "Drinian" filming scenes for the movie production "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" in full costume/make-up.

2009 / Movie double for the character "Lord Drinian" / The Chronicles Of Narnia "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" / Michael Apted

*UPDATED* Role Title Revealed in Movie End Credits
Laurence Coy - Photographer
Director Nicholas Pollock, has assembled an exciting cast including... the experienced Laurence Coy (Chronicles of Narnia, Fool’s Gold...) to bring to life this gripping tale.

http://www.whatsonsydney.com/eventDetai ... -mcpherson
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Dec 04, 2009 1:50 pm

More Dawn Treader Ship Crew members:

Ross Price - Dawn Treader Sailor
Ross has just finished his time in shooting as one of the first mates on the new Narnia feature Voyage of the Dawn Treader. A highlight for him was to be on the spot to do a couple of lines in the movie and just a touch of one on one time, first with Ben Barnes (Prince Caspian) and then with Gary sweet. For Ross the whole experience was great. See you on screen. Ross is proudly represented by Extras Direct.

Kamran Fulleylove - Dawn Treader Sailor
2009 / The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010) (In production) / Royal Narnian Naval Officer / Michael Apted-20th Century Fox Home Entertainment / Additional: weapons training, performed basic

Zack Kibria - Dawn Treader Sailor
Zack has been training and booking roles in commercials, films and TV- most recently booking a featured role in the upcoming 2010 blockbuster "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader", in which he was on set for almost three whole months. It was a wonderful experience where he was able to learn and observe from numerous people who are at the top of their field and was lucky enough to work with director Michael Apted as well as actors Ben Barnes, Skandar Keynes, Will Poulter, Georgie Henley and Shane Rangi.

http://www.zackkibria.com/

Daniel Gonsalves - Dawn Treader Sailor (+ Stand In for Edmund)
Featured Extra as ‘Dawn Treader sailor’/Stand-in for Skandar Keynes in ‘The Chronicles of Narnia: The voyage of the Dawn Treader’ (2009)

Interesting that the first guy should be detailed as being "one of the first mates". I think i recognise him from set photos as being one of the guys in the all blue costumes, which as Lady Eowyn pointed out looked to be the uniforms of the higher ranking officers. So i guess that kind of makes sense.

*ADDED AND UPDATED*:

Cooper Ali Shabazz - Dawn Treader Sailor

Salvador Maluenda - Dawn Treader Sailor

Herman Allimant - Dawn Treader Sailor

Ramone Sharwon Mishra - Dawn Treader Sailor

Trevor Dent - Slave

Paul Geoghegan - Soldier
Voyage of the Dawn Treader / Soldier / 20th Century Fox

icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Dec 07, 2009 11:53 am

Still haven't found anything 100% certain on a full name for the young actress playing Gael, but eCaster did offer up a casting announcement on her body double today....

Bridgette Ward - Body Double for Gael
Bridgette has had a great time working most days as a body double on Invisible Army. Role still confidential.
Represented by Gilchrist.

2009 / Body Double - Gael / Narnia - The Voyager of the Dawn Treader / Michael Apted - Dragons Prow Pty Ltd

note- the first quote where it says "role confidential" is on the eCaster "Who's in the Spotlight" page, whilst the quote that tells you exactly what her role is is from her personal profile page on eCaster.

Slightly odd that we should find out so much information out about her stunt double (Jorel Reynolds) and now her body double (Bridgette Ward) but next to nothing on the actress herself, though i think there are lots of reasons why that may be the case.

Also, although the very first thing we knew about this character was her name, i had kind of half assumed that the spelling of "Gael", as it was printed on that original casting call sheet, was a spelling mistake (the same sheet had also misspelled Rynelf as "Rhynelf"). Surely "Gael" is the male spelling of that name? The only people i've ever seen with that spelling have been males - e.g. Gael Garcia Bernal, Gael Clichy, Gael Katuka. Maybe it is a unisex spelling and its just coincidence that the only famous "Gael's" i know are males.

Either way, i had half expected that spelling of the name to disappear form official announcements in favour of a more traditional female spelling such as "Gail", but this is like the fourth or fifth time we've seen the spelling of "Gael" used in an official or semi-official capacity, so i guess its there to stay.

The misspelling of "Rhynelf" did disappear after being featured on the leaked script and the second casting call, though considering the changes they have made to Rynelf, making him first mate and all, im wondering if "Rhynelf" wouldn't be a more appropriate spelling, given that his character is now half Rhince and half Rynelf lol. ;)
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby bkey » Dec 07, 2009 10:58 pm

icarus wrote:
Laurence Coy - Unknown Role
Director Nicholas Pollock, has assembled an exciting cast including... the experienced Laurence Coy (Chronicles of Narnia, Fool’s Gold...) to bring to life this gripping tale.

http://www.whatsonsydney.com/eventDetai ... -mcpherson

Ramandu? Very wild speculation, and probably completely off base, but he is an older fellow, and seems to have a role bigger than just some background extra, considering that the website lists VDT as his top credit.
bkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Salem » Dec 08, 2009 7:36 am

bkey wrote:Ramandu? Very wild speculation, and probably completely off base, but he is an older fellow, and seems to have a role bigger than just some background extra, considering that the website lists VDT as his top credit.

Maybe one of the Lords?
- Sorry for my bad english =x -

Youtube
Orkut
Salem
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby icarus » Dec 12, 2009 4:18 am

Two more extras, both of which come from a rather interesting magazine article where they talk about their experiences on set:

Morgan Keavney-Rattue - Stand In & Photo Double For Eustace

When filming started on the Gold Coast, the directors urgently needed a stand-in and photo double for new character Eustace Scrubb, who is a cousin to established characters Edmund and Lucy Pevensie. “I got a text one day from (Sunshine Coast talent agency) Vox asking ‘Can we get your measurements quickly?’ Luckily I matched him (teen actor Will Poulter) perfectly. I was the exact same height, size and weight. That same day I ended up going to the Gold Coast,”

Someone once posted the following photo on IMDB asking if it was Will Poulter (it wasn't). Based on the photo in the magazine article, i'd say it was perhaps Morgan.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261 ... oulter.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0980970/boa ... /147983953

Robbie Harrison - Dawn Treader Sailor
He plays one of the first mates on a ship under the guidance of captain Lord Drinian, a good guy played by Gary Sweet. “It’s very, very exciting when you’re actually on set,” Robbie says of the two and a half months he spent down on the Gold Coast filming.

Again, another guy saying he is "one of the first mates". It still sounds like Rynelf is the "head" first mate, but perhaps there is more to the Rynelf/Rhince switchover than we thought. Anyway, you should recognise Robbie H from his photo in the magazine article. Again, he's one of the guys we've seen alot on the set with one of the blue uniforms.

http://digitaledition.theweekender.com.au/

http://www.theweekender.com.au/features_det.php?id=349

Note- photoshoot pictures of the actors are only in the digital edition link.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Dec 14, 2009 1:42 am

I've come up with a new method to get loads more casting details out of eCaster, rather than just waiting for them to come up on the spotlight page (hint: it involves hours of manual searching through cv's! lol). The first one though does come from the spotlight page, and its potentially the most interesting....

Catarina Hebbard - Gael's Aunt
Catarina will appear in the next Chronicles of Narnia Feature Film in the role of Gaels Aunt. Catarina is proudly represented by Ego Management

However, this second one may just beat it in terms of potentially massive spoiler material, took much longer to find.......

Deena Khargam - Ambassador's wife at a party
2009 / Ambassador's wife at a party / The Chronicals of Narnia:The Voyage of Dawn Treader / Michael Apted

Looking at her photos, she could perhaps be the wife of a Calormene Ambassador at Governor Gumpas' Party perhaps???

And some other random castings:

Daniel Frawley - WWII British Soldier
2009 / British Soldier / Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader / Walden Media/Walt Disney Pictures

Stephanie Lois -1940's Young Woman
1940's Young Woman / Invisible Army / Dragons Prow

Ryan Holding - Dawn Treader Telmarine
2009 / Extra (Dawn Treader Telmarine) / Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader / Michael Apted

Leon Murray - Rescued Narnian
2009 / Rescued Narnian / The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader / Walden Media/20th Century Fox
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Dec 14, 2009 1:38 pm

Having now browsed all 650 or so actor profiles on the EGO Management website, here are the last of the casting details they have to offer...

First up, more body-double related casting... and yes, you did read that first one correctly....;)

Zak Morcillo - Stand in for Peter
2009 / Stand in (Peter) / The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader / Michael Apted

Dryden Bingham - Stand In/Double For Edmund Pevensie
2009 / Stand In/Double work for "Edmund" / Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader / Dragon's Prow/ Michael Apted

More unknown castings:

Heather Blackstock - Unknown Role
2009 / Extra / Invisible Army / Dragons Prow PTY LTD

Russell Cockerill - Unknown Role
2009 / Featured Extra / Chronicles of Narnia - Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Natalie-Monique Le Sueur - Unknown Role
The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawntreader - Feature Film - Extra - (4-10 day shoot) - 2009

2009 / Extra / The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawntreader / 20th Century Fox/Warner Bros. / Director-Michael Apted. Bud Hopes Casting

Colleen Saunders - Unknown Role
2009 / Featured Extra / Narnia
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby ski_hi_flier » Dec 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Quick question: is the Invisible Army that keeps appearing here the dufflepuds? Or is it something else? Or do we not know yet?...

Greg Poppleton - Dufflepud #1. Is the Chief Dufflepud, do you think? I think he certainly looks the part (as much as we'll actually SEE the dufflepuds ;) )
av and sig by me, pm me with requests
seen it!! didn't like it much...
ski_hi_flier
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby bkey » Dec 14, 2009 8:48 pm

narnia_fanatic, Roy Billings is playing Chief Dufflepod. His picture is on the cast & crew page.
bkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Adeona » Dec 15, 2009 8:07 pm

narnia_fanatic wrote:Quick question: is the Invisible Army that keeps appearing here the dufflepuds? Or is it something else? Or do we not know yet?...

The name Invisible Army that often shows up in casting announcments is not refering directly to the Dufflepuds' army (though that is probably the orgin of the name). It is actually the "Code name" for the Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie, just as PC was refered to as "Toastie" (I don't know what LWW's code name was). Similarly, "Dragon's Prow Pty. Ltd." stands for "Walden Media".
I'm not entirely sure what good these code names are, because they don't seem to fool anyone past the first couple of days! (Especially such an obvious one as VDT's) I guess they are mostly to keep the uninformed masses in the dark. :D
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby icarus » Dec 31, 2009 8:40 pm

I went back and updated one or two of the unknown castings to include some newly discovered role titles (none were that interesting really) but other than that have struggled to find any new casting details recently. I did however find a rather interesting blog for Greg Poppleton, who IMDB had previously revealed was playing Dufflepud 1. It gives quite an interesting insight into the timeline of casting, and also the stage they are currently up to:

selected blog entries:

May 2009
Greg has been cast in the latest Narnia film, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, directed by Michael Apted and set for Hollywood release in 2010

Jun 2009
Busy being fitted with prosthetics and wardrobe for my role in the new Narnia film, third in the series, directed by Michael Apted

Jul 2009
Greg is flying to the Gold Coast for screen tests and cast readings in the latest Narnia film, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, directed by Michael Apted. It's set for Australian release on 26 Dec 2010

Aug 2009
Preparation & filming continues for the latest Narnia film, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, directed by Michael Apted. Flying back and forth between Sydney and Warners on the Gold Coast. This third film in the Chronicles of Narnia series is set for Hollywood release, 10 Dec 2010 and Australian release on 26 Dec 2010

Nov 2009
It's a week back in Narnia for Greg this month to finish filming Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, directed by Michael Apted. Due for Hollywood release 10 Dec 2010 & Australian release 26 Dec 2010

Dec 2009
Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader film looks great. Did ADR for some scenes with Michael Apted directing. What a gracious man! Can't wait till the film is released in Dec 2010

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsljs4v/actor.html

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsljs4v/insert.actor.html
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext