This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Mystery Mansion

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Mystery Mansion

Postby Captn. Peregrin » Jun 24, 2014 6:13 pm

She trotted around the pool nervously. Everything about this place is wrong, yet it can't be a dream - the stench of decay is too strong. Her pace quickened. We have to get out of here, before it swallows us all.
sig by me

But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer
Captn. Peregrin
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Bookwyrm » Jun 24, 2014 6:28 pm

In the Kitchen

"I don't like horses much either. It's the teeth. Well, that and a girl in my fifth grade class was eaten by these rabid flesh-eating horses. We were a field trip. In retrospect, the Jacob's Ladders on the barn and creepy hunchbacked farm workers should have been a giveaway that something odd was going on at that farm," Anna said.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jun 24, 2014 9:31 pm

In the Kitchen

"Rabid flesh-eating horses?" Cynthia said, eyes widening. "Well, I must say, it's hardly an unbelievable idea. My father had a stable full of horses and they were forever nipping at me. Would have eaten me alive if given the chance, I'm sure."

She got up and went to a window. "What do you make of all of these dead trees on the grounds? I don't remember seeing them when Max drove the car up the drive."
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Bookwyrm » Jun 24, 2014 11:33 pm

In the Kitchen

"Something moved the Mansion last night. Or maybe the world around the Mansion moved. One of the two. That's what the earthquake was. Everything out there is dead," Anna said. "My sister thinks maybe we've traveled into the future and this is what Dittopia looks like after someone fails to cancel the latest apocalypse."
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jun 25, 2014 12:04 pm

In the Kitchen

"Oh my," said Cynthia, eyes widening. "Well, then it's a good thing Lisette packed extra. And I suppose the bright side of everything looking dead outside is that we needn't worry about being attacked by animals. Unless that horse was one of the four horses of the apocalypse. Hmmm. Perhaps we should go investigate."

Cynthia stood up from the table and took a handful of allergy pills, washing them down with the last of her coffee. "A good offense is always the best defense."
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Bookwyrm » Jun 26, 2014 3:55 am

In the Kitchen

"It's always best to face what's going to kill you head-on. Being killed from behind is, quite frankly, the most embarrassing way to die," Anna said and followed Cynthia.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 26, 2014 7:36 pm

"Get out, repeated indefinitely it seems...." Malcom said looking over Neal and Jeff's shoulders. Part of his college "hobbies" was breaking various codes with his friends. Well, only two other people... both working for the Burg government who had hired him "off the record" to test codes for the Feds. Morse was the most ancient and still his favorite.

"I'd hate to meet the poor soul that scribbled this together."

--------

Neal eyed the newcomer before putting his part of the map away. Quickly surveying the group that had formed in the conservatory, the Darkling decided to make a judgment call. I do hate having to do this so much....

Hopping back up on the rim of the pool, Decker adjusted his black duster before addressing the congregation. "Alright, we need to figure out what's going on here and preferably before more bodies start piling up. To make this go quicker, we need a couple of groups. One to stay in the Mansion to look for this key, if it exists, or any other clues to what's going on. Another to look after the bodies and make sure they don't go anywhere and finally one to accompany me on venturing outside again." he paused long enough to make eye contact with Delia. "If that is permissible, madame."

Neal eyed the assembly again before continuing. "You, you and you. Come with me." he said pointing to Selena, Malcom and Jeff. Sensing he was picking two fellow unnaturals (or at least Gifted) along with a less desirable though still possibly useful, Decker turned to exist the conservatory.

"Oh, and someone watch that horse-thing..." he said over his shoulder while passing Cynthia and Anna.

-----

Selena glanced at Lawrence and shrugged before following the gruff, fedora fellow.

"Excuse us..." Malcom said to the others before following his companion. "Not sure how I feel about this guy." he whispered to Selena once he had caught up to the younger woman.

"I think he's O.K... at least for now." she reassured her friend.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Delia Death » Jun 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Delia shrugged.

"Sounds fine to me," she said. "Lead on, skipper."
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby narnianerd » Jun 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Jeff grinned a grim smile, happy that someone was finally taking charge. The murderer was counting down the number of victims, anyone could be next. Now was the perfect time to act, to get something done.

"So what exactly are we looking for?"
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 26, 2014 10:01 pm

"This, if it exists." Neal produced the second map that had been found and pointed to the upper lefthand corner with a picture of another building. "There's a good chance we won't find anything but I still want to have a look. Besides, maybe we can see something new in the daylight."
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby narnianerd » Jun 27, 2014 3:31 pm

Jeff rested his hand on his now exposed blaster, "I like it. Lets go."
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jun 27, 2014 3:35 pm

"Are we going on a hike?" said Cynthia, appearing in the conservatory. "I'm hardly dressed for it, but I suppose I will manage. Next time you Ditto Town folk plan a fundraiser, you should advise your guests to bring galoshes."
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 27, 2014 3:50 pm

With a nod Neal opened the front door and stepped out into the dead world. Everything seemed to be the same as it was last night, just brighter. The clash of the bright, friendly mystery light with the ghostly landscape gave even the Darkling an uncomfortable feeling.

"Alright, I guess spread out and look for this..." Decker said to the group pointing to the building he had shown Jeff earlier. "Also if you find anything else of note, let the others know. Good luck."
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Ryadian » Jun 27, 2014 4:03 pm

After walking for about ten minutes, it was just about impossible to miss the structure depicted on the map, even when it was still off in the distance. Amidst the dead trees and withered vegetation, the healthy brown, perfectly vertical fence stands out as conspicuously as if it had been painted neon green. The wood has been polished and varnished so much that, at least compared to its surroundings, it almost seems to shine—though, upon closer inspection, it’s clear that all the care put into it can’t counteract the old age of the wood.

Within the fence, however, is another story. The fence is just short enough that anyone of average human height can easily look over and into the yard—the honest-to-goodness yard. There is actual, living grass—grass of an unhealthy, yellowing color, but alive nonetheless. The lawn has been meticulously groomed; the path leading from the fence to the house doesn’t have a blade of grass on it. The house itself is in similar condition; its faint, off-white paint is in pristine condition, the stone steps leading up to the door devoid of any dirt or plant matter. Almost the entire outside of the house looks brand new—with the exception of the light brown roof, where at its highest points, clear signs of weathering have begun to set in.

Just then, the front door opened, and out stepped a woman. She was short, barely taller than a child, and rather round, in both face and body. Though her hair was still dark brown, tied firmly under a red scarf, the rest of her face indicated she was an older woman, enhanced by the spectacles she wore low on her large nose. As she exited the house, the only indication she gave of seeing anyone outside her yard was a brief squint from her gnomish eyes, as she peered out through her glasses. After that, though, she dismissed whatever she saw, and began furiously sweeping the stone steps.
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby narnianerd » Jun 27, 2014 7:33 pm

The small house really was quite striking against the barren landscape, in an extremely literal sense it was a sight for very sore eyeballs. Still though, the very fact that it existed was spooky enough for Jeff to remove his weapon from it's holster and to use extensive caution when approaching the chocolate brown fence.

"Hello there!?"
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Ryadian » Jun 27, 2014 8:53 pm

"Hello yourself." Given that the little woman didn't even look up at them, it was hard to tell whether she meant that sincerely or not. She continued sweeping up the stone steps a few moments more, before glancing up again, and realizing that the group was still standing there.

With a heavy sigh, she called out, "If you come in, don't you dare leave the path! I just cleaning out all the mess in the yard. And don't touch my fence!" With that, she moved on to the next step and started sweeping again.
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

PreviousNext