This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Mystery Mansion

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Mystery Mansion

Postby narnianerd » Jun 23, 2014 8:42 pm

When Jeff finally arrived at the conservatory, he found that the Death, Neal and Selena had beaten him there. "Got lost," he mumbled upon entering the room.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Delia Death » Jun 23, 2014 8:42 pm

"No pulse, cool to the touch--he's been here a while," Delia said, ignoring Milady's shooing and checking him over. "Appears to have drowned--his lungs are fairly full."

She stopped and looked at the others.

"So he drowns in an empty pool, no sign of struggle. Great. I'll let Mr. Badge finish off."
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 23, 2014 8:43 pm

Being used as a crutch for someone was... a new experience for Selena. At least Malcom wasn't around to see this. He would be making quips the whole time.

--------

Neal watched the whole interaction from the perimeter of the pool with mixture of bewilderment and amusement in equal measure. "I don't think she likes you very much, Delia."

"At least your not dead." Decker replied to Cowboy as he walked past.

--------

"So where did the water come from? There's none on this planet or world or wherever we are." Selena hesitated for a moment before continuing. "If there was, I would be able to sense it."
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby narnianerd » Jun 23, 2014 9:00 pm

"Well you aren't wrong," Jeff told Delia after a closer examination of the body. "Mr. Dint seems to have hit his head just prior to the time of death but based on the bruising, that impact wasn't what killed him."

The officer sat back on his haunches, considering the events of the past two days before giving his conclusion. "It's just like the electricity that didn't exist, I don't how how it is happening, but someone or something is killing off our fellow guests."

you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Delia Death » Jun 23, 2014 9:03 pm

"Oh, well, that's an amazing idea," Delia replied, rolling her eyes. "Someone please give this man points for originality."
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby narnianerd » Jun 23, 2014 9:11 pm

"Well what do you want me to say?" He asked, frustrated. "The number twelve is branded into his hand just like the last one. And you know what? If we look around this room long enough, we might just find a little metal cylinder. "
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 23, 2014 9:21 pm

"An Elemental could do something like that. Kill people off without needing a source..." Selena offered while adjusting Miladies weight so the mute woman wasn't unintentionally crushing her to death. "... Though it would have to be a powerful one to control more than one element."

----------

At the mention of another number and cylinder, Neal quietly began scanning the conservatory. Mostly just the usual suspects: pots, flowers, gardening equipment... this really was as odd place to stick a pool... and a small metallic object near the edge of pool, somehow overlooked by everyone else.

Taking a few steps to the edge and acting like he was tightening his boot laces, Decker silently picked up the cylinder. "This might be of interested to you." he said, tossing the cylinder to the young cop.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jun 23, 2014 9:36 pm

In the Kitchen

"How nice to see you again, Miss Kai—" Cynthia began graciously, then faltered when the girl sat down at the table, gulped down half a cup of coffee, and then raced back out of the kitchen in the direction of the conservatory. "Goodness me, what a lot of get-up-and-go that young lady has! Time travelers are often that way, I've found. They're always there one minute and then gone the next, usually before you can so much as say bingle-bongle, dingle-dangle, lickity-doo, lickity- dah, ping-pong-lippy-toppy-too-tah."
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Bookwyrm » Jun 24, 2014 2:08 am

"Oh, she's a time traveler? Maybe she's in a rush to kill her own grandfather," Anna said, hiding a smile. She was trying hard not to think about the nightmarish world outside the Mansion's doors or the man who had died last night. For now, the coffee and the conversation were enough to focus on.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Captn. Peregrin » Jun 24, 2014 6:10 am

Milady smirked.

She barreled into the officer and knocked him to the ground, more falling than running. She was engulfed in a surprisingly sparkly cloud of...something...but only for a moment.

! She kicked up her heels, then took half a stride and jumped out of the pool, straight at the fedora man. She took a lap around the room, easing into a trot, then lifted her head and released an ear-splitting neigh.

! ((Just to clarify, she's already completely transformed here))
sig by me

But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer
Captn. Peregrin
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 24, 2014 10:57 am

Quickly taking a step to the side so as to not be trampled, Neal watched as the feral woman turned into a horse. Fighting the urge to shoot the thing when it neighed was difficult to say the least.

"I think that explains why she couldn't speak...." Decker mused as he eyed the horse before hopping down into the pool. "Looks like we have a morpher on our hands. Either that or a cursed one."

(((*Morpher- Someone that can change their form into an animal. Not sure if that's a "thing" or not, but for the sake of the RP, it works.)))
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Captn. Peregrin » Jun 24, 2014 1:26 pm

She was tempted to charge Fedora again, but the exercise had cleared her head a bit. At any rate, she didn't want to risk getting stuck in the pool again.

Best to watch and wait.
sig by me

But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer
Captn. Peregrin
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnianerd » Jun 24, 2014 2:09 pm

Jeff caught the cylinder out the air and was about to open it when the young woman slammed into him, knocking him onto his butt. On any other day, he might have drawn his blaster and took the shot. But not today, enough people had died.

"It's a key, well a drawing of key."

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7892_n.jpg
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Neal looked down at the key drawing before revealing the cylinder he had in his pocket. Removing the drawing from it, he examined both the crude map and the key.

"Well, we have some clues now. They're too random to really come to a conclusion at this point, though." he said with a sigh. "What are all those dots and dashes for?"
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jun 24, 2014 3:43 pm

In the Kitchen

"So," said Cynthia, taking another sip of coffee, "I heard that there was a death in the Mansion last night. Very unfortunate, very unfortunate indeed. It seems that someone was electrocuted? Very odd, given that we haven't any power to speak of. Very likely it was some sort of electric eel. My father used to keep them in our basement when I was a child, next to the tank for the giant squid."

The window-shattering sound of a... neigh? ... then pierced the air. Cynthia slowly set her cup of coffee down in its saucer, china rattling.

"Do not tell me that there are equines in this Mansion," she said severely, to no one in particular. "I did not come to this gathering so I could relive the pony ride at my tenth birthday party. I was in the hospital for six months after that."
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby stargazer » Jun 24, 2014 5:37 pm

At first Angie had been willing to accept the possibility, no matter how remote, that her husband had indeed been killed by some bizarre accident. But now, hearing about another death forced her to reconsider that.

She downed the coffee and made her way to the conservatory just in time to catch most of the conversation.

"The number 12 was branded into him?" she asked, seeking confirmation of what she'd heard. "Not 13?" There were thirteen guests, and this seemed like just too much of a coincidence. Was it some kind of countdown? But to what? She hesitated to mention anything that might seem like she was simply stating the obvious, so she kept her own counsel until seeing the sketch of the key.

"Dots and dashes." She repeated Neal's question. "Morse code, I'd guess. I can't read it. Too bad it was Dan who was into that sort of thing. Maybe we can find someone here who can read it."
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

PreviousNext