This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Mystery Mansion

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Mystery Mansion

Postby Dinode » Jun 21, 2014 8:37 pm

It had been a while since Mango had needed to share a sleeping space with someone. Still, as long as the guy stayed quiet he would manage. Who to pick though? Not seeing anyone who seemed like a good choice, he decided to go with one who wouldn't be a bad choice, so long as he didn't mention his profession. He walked up to the cop and looked up at his face.

"Mind sharing with me?"
Seeking comic book artist, PM for details.
Dinode
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 21, 2014 9:51 pm

Time jump to the next morning

Selena awoke somewhat groggily when the warm light began flooding in through the window of the bedroom. Looking out the window she noticed the world they were in was... petrified, almost. Even more interesting was the sun, er, lack of a sun. It was light out, the kind you normal get when the sun is shining in the fall... but there was no sun.

Glancing over at Malcom, who had made a makeshift bed on the sofa near the old fireplace, the young miss Browning quietly opened the bedroom door and made her way downstairs.

The rest of the guests appeared to still be asleep as Selena made her way into the dining hall. The tall, rugged man in black was still in the room and apparently asleep in a chair. At least, he was leaning back with his fedora covering his eyes. Not wanting to disturb him, Selena existed the room and meandered towards the far end of the mansion.

As she reached what appeared to be a conservatory, Selena thought she could detect water... no, more like moisture or residue from something. Still, it was liquid. Cautiously entering the room, she noticed a large, empty swimming pool in the middle of the room. "Odd place for one of those..." she thought as she moved closer.

At the bottom of the pool was a woman, one that Selena had not seen before at the mansion, laying beside a man. After watching the two for a moment Selena realized that the woman was asleep... and the man was dead.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby narnianerd » Jun 21, 2014 10:59 pm

"No thanks bub, I don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight."

As it turned out, Jeff one hundred percent correct as he didn't sleep a wink that night. Instead he found a nice, secluded exterior balcony and studied the midnight sky. At this time of night he should have been able to pick out his favorite constellations, but tonight he found the view overhead missing any point of light besides that humongous moon.

When Jeffery finally checked his watch, he saw that it was almost six in the morning. Then, as if on cue, the light began to fade in. At first, it was just like any other sunrise. Unlike any other sunrise however, the sun never followed. This world had light, but no sun.

"There is something very, very wrong with this place." Jeff concluded, before deciding that coffee was in order. Coffee made everything better. Thus, he headed off to the kitchen.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby stargazer » Jun 22, 2014 3:47 pm

Angie had trouble falling asleep that night, and if it weren't for awakening to the wonderful aroma of coffee she might have doubted she'd slept at all.

She looked to see Delia already awake, sitting in a nearby chair, watching her.

Angie knew Delia was the hostess for the place and so was immediately apologetic. "I'm sorry for keeping you from your duties," she began. "I'll be fine if you need to tend to things elsewhere."

"It's no problem," Delia replied. "I wanted to make sure you were all right."

"Thanks," Angie said in a whisper, the previous evening's events crashing around her again. "I think I'll be okay."

"As long as you're certain." Angie nodded and Delia left the room, closing the door quietly behind her.

A few moments later Angie followed her nose down to the kitchen.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby narnianerd » Jun 22, 2014 7:10 pm

Jeffery was midway through the first sip of his second cup when Angie entered the industrial sized kitchen. Thinking quickly he grabbed a clean mug and poured it for her, leaving of course, enough room for creamer and sugar.

"Coffee?"
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Captn. Peregrin » Jun 22, 2014 7:27 pm

Somebody was in the conservatory.

She sprang to her feet - and promptly fell down again. How can I still be in this form? My whole body aches.
sig by me

But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer
Captn. Peregrin
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 22, 2014 7:38 pm

Selena watched as the strange woman tried to stand, then fell down. Well, there's nothing else to do now.... "Hello? Are you O.K, ma'am? Do you need any help?"

--------

The somewhat nutty aroma of... coffee. Yep. It was coffee. Apparently someone had found the kitchen and was busy making breakfast or at least brewing something to drink. Neal stirred slightly from his slumber in one of the chairs in the great hall. "Huh, at least we actually have daylight here." he mused aloud to no one as he noticed the morning light pouring in through the windows.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Captn. Peregrin » Jun 22, 2014 7:49 pm

She glared at the intruder. A woman. That doesn't help.

She was wide awake now. People were moving around upstairs.
sig by me

But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer
Captn. Peregrin
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 22, 2014 8:02 pm

Well, this isn't going well. Selena thought as the mystery woman gave her a nearly animalistic glare. "Wait here... I'll be right back with some help."

Following the sounds of bustling people and the smell of fresh coffee, Selena easily found part of the guest list in the kitchen. After taking a moment to admire the industrial size of said kitchen, miss Browning headed towards the young officer fellow from last night.

"We have a... er, problem in the conservatory. There's a dead gentleman and a strange woman at the bottom of a pool." Selena explained while fiddling with her fingers. "Oh, and the woman seems somewhat feral. So there's that."
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby stargazer » Jun 22, 2014 8:36 pm

Angie gratefully accepted the warm mug from Jeffrey and added a bit of sugar. But she'd barely any time to enjoy the drink before another guest burst in with news of a dead man in the conservatory. She almost dropped her coffee upon hearing this.

She wasn't eager to investigate this new problem, having lost her husband just hours before. She looked at Jeffrey, grateful that there was an officer of the law present to help keep things in order.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby narnianerd » Jun 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Jeff cursed, wishing for the first time in his life to back on his father's asteroid. Mining for helium-3 wasn't what you might call exciting, but at least no one died on a regular basis.

"I'll find my own way to the pool, you go locate Ms. Death and meet me there."
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 22, 2014 9:56 pm

Selena nodded and went off to find their hostess. Instead of knocking on bedroom doors and scaring everyone else, the best thing to do would be checking in all the other non-sleeping rooms of the mansion. Which there were a lot.

Thankfully, Selena was able to find Delia in rather short order, as the ghost wrangler was enjoying a drink of some kind on the porch.

"Miss Delia, I'm afraid we have a body in the building. In the pool at the back of the mansion."
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Delia Death » Jun 22, 2014 10:02 pm

Delia took a sip of her (black) coffee, and studied Selena.

"Is it a new body?" she finally asked. "Just...to confirm."
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 22, 2014 10:11 pm

"Uh, yes. It's that Mr. Dint guy." Selena said slightly taken aback by Delia's nonchalant attitude about the whole affair.

-------

Hearing hurried footsteps by... two or was it three individuals?... either way, it was clear something was up. Again. With a sigh Neal got up from his chair and casually made his way to the kitchen. Giving a slight nod of acknowledgment to the recently widowed Mrs. Baxter, he grabbed a pre-made biscuit from one of the cupboards and a cup of coffee before leaving without a word.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Delia Death » Jun 22, 2014 10:15 pm

"Well, sorry," Delia replied grouchily. "But you have to admit that it would be just as strange for someone to move Baxter's body as for a new one to be found."

She paused for a moment, refilled her cup from the carafe sitting atop the wall, drained the cup, then shook her head slightly.

"Ok, so...there's a new death. Did you tell the copper? Dealing with bodies isn't really my expertise."
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 22, 2014 10:21 pm

"Yes. He told me to go find you. I gue..."

"Oi, what's going on now?" Neal interrupted before taking a final bite of biscuit.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

PreviousNext