This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Getting to Know You

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Mar 11, 2014 10:45 pm

Welcome, NarnianPrincess! :-h Glad you joined us. This is a great forum; I hope you'll enjoy being a part of it as much as I have! :ymhug: Since you like art and movies, you might find these links handy: Artist's Haven, the place for all things art-related, as well as the threads dedicated to discussing films of the past, present and future. Anyway, have fun browsing all of the subforums, and hope to see you around! :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Catmint-the-Witch » Apr 04, 2014 12:23 pm

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Percy! (Or Catmint, I guess.)
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen (ehehehe...kneel!)
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single
4. Occupation: Being awesome
5. How you learned about Narniaweb: My friend, Nico (SummerSnow)
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Ummm....maybe twelve? I don't remember.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Once
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Voyage of the Dawn Treader then The Magician's Nephew
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I write, draw, paint, (I'm artsy, if you couldn't tell. €=) write, I read, play with my cat...ummm...obsess over Lord of the Rings, Percy Jackson, Doctor Who, Frozen, stuff....I write....try not to get locked in a closet by Nico, write, and eat, I write too, did I mention I write?
Catmint-the-Witch
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Apr 05, 2014 4:15 pm

Welcome to NarniaWeb, Catmint! :ymhug: (I'd say Percy, but I think Catmint is just such a neat name!)

Glad to hear that we have another writer in our midst! You should check out the Writer's World thread and maybe even the thread for Camp NaNoWriMo 2014; it began on April 1st and it's not to late to jump in! Loads of people on here are obsessed with LotR and Doctor Who, so this is definitely the place for you! I'm a Frozen fan, too. :D

Anyway, hope you have a fun time exploring the forum and I hope to see you around! The Town Square in Ditto Town is the place to be for awesome and random discussion (and it's the home of a Chocolate Tree!), so feel free to drop by sometime and say hi! :)
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby ValiantArcher » Apr 05, 2014 8:43 pm

Welcome, Percy! :D We're glad to have you here, and we hope you enjoy your time here. :)
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby johobbit » Apr 06, 2014 5:43 am

*likes the name "Catmint" too*
Soooo ... welcome to the forum, Catmint! 'Tis cool that you're friends with Summer. :) Rose kindly linked to the Writers' topics, but I just wanted to double-check that you actually love to write. ;) ;)) Seriously, so glad to have you on NarniaWeb! :D
johobbit

Postby Catmint-the-Witch » Apr 06, 2014 11:25 am

Aw! Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I'm actually in the same NaNo cabin as Summer. ^_^
Catmint-the-Witch
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Trojan Horse » Apr 07, 2014 12:41 pm

I'm Trojan Horse. Anybody like black and white movies? :)
Trojan Horse

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Apr 07, 2014 1:25 pm

Welcome to NarniaWeb, Trojan Horse! :-h

I'm a huge fan of black and white movies; many of my favorite films were made in the 30s and 40s! :) Around these parts, the Past Movies thread is the best place to talk about that era of film. It's a great place to learn about and recommend good movies!

Oh, and if you'd like to tell us a little more about yourself, feel free to fill out the "Getting to Know You" questionnaire! The Town Square in Ditto Town is the central hub for general, everyday discussion, so drop sometime by if you like!

Hope to see you around the forums! :)
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby TimmyofOz » Apr 07, 2014 9:51 pm

Hi there I am new here but I am an old timer at NarniaFans. Always thought this web site forum was more nerdy and young for me that NarnaFans, but I finally decided to come over here and see if I am as welcome here as there :ymhug: .
I go by the name of TimmyofOz.
I am a single king.
Favorite literature is Peter Pan, Oz Books, and the Chronicles of Narnia.
Favorite Narnia book is a toss between The Horse and His Boy, and the Silver Chair. I have read or listen on audio books all of the Chronicles more than I can count. I also love Lewis' Space Trilogy. I first read the Chronicles when I was in my early 20's back in 1980.
I am an American.
And I Love Jesus.
TimmyofOz
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Apr 07, 2014 11:34 pm

Welcome to the forums, TimmyofOz! :-h Lol, we can be rather nerdy around here, but I like to think that it's in a good way. ;)) The Horse and His Boy and The Silver Chair rank very high on my list of favorite CoN books as well!

If you like discussing literature, you should check out the Books Thread, as well as all of the Narnia-related subforums for lots of discussion about the Chronicles and C.S. Lewis! There's also a thread for Christianity, Religion and Philosophy, if you enjoy discussing those topics.

The Town Square in Ditto Town is the main hangout for random, general, day-to-day discussion, so feel to say hi over there as well. Enjoy exploring the forum, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby johobbit » Apr 08, 2014 3:02 pm

A warm welcome to you, TimmyofOz, to NarniaWeb! Mmm, I really like Lewis' Space Trilogy as well. Have you read any of his non-fiction? As for a favourite of the beloved Chronicles, I always say that my favourite is whichever one I am reading at the time. ;)) However, if I was put to it and had to choose, probably The Silver Chair. Interesting about The Horse and His Boy: as I child, it was my least favourite, even though I still really liked it; as an adult, it has become so much more. The depth of meaning is astounding, and has meant a great deal to me in my life's journey, particularly the chapter, "The Unwelcome Fellow Traveler".

I hope you feel at home here. It's great to have you!
johobbit

Postby imaginatvytitle » Apr 27, 2014 7:03 am

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): imaginatvytitle
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single
4. Occupation: Student
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I don't quite remember. Probably googling Narnia film news. I've been enjoying NarniaWeb's wonderful content for years now, and have finally decided to register.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Hmmm.... I think my mom read some of them to me first. I was pretty young.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Many times.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: How can I pick?? Either SC or HHB probably.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I like baking, cross stitching, drawing, reading, etc... I was first introduced to Narnia through the BBC adaptations when I was little. I then read the books, which I instantly fell in love with. My love for them has only grown over the years. Thanks for welcoming me into your community!
imaginatvytitle
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby johobbit » Apr 27, 2014 7:44 am

We welcome you to NarniaWeb, imaginatvytitle! Would you accept "ima" as a nickname? ;)) Or how about "imagine"? That one sounds especially cool! We hope you come to feel at home here. :)

You are among kindred spirits in your Interests, even outside of beloved Narnia. Below are a few links to topics based on what you mentioned, favourites of many of ours:

*Baking/Food!

*Sewing, yarnwork, needlework (etc)

*Artists' Haven (And of course there is an entire section of Fan Art related to Narnia

*Books!

So glad you decided to take the plunge and register on the forum! Further up and further in. :D
johobbit

Postby imaginatvytitle » Apr 27, 2014 9:10 am

Thanks! The nickname "imagine" sounds good!
imaginatvytitle
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Apr 27, 2014 11:39 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb, Imagine! :-h (What a beautiful nickname!!)

Glad that you have decided to join us! This is a really awesome forum and I know you'll enjoy being a member. I was a lurker for many years, too, and finally taking the plunge to sign up was one of the best decisions I've made. ;))

The Silver Chair and The Horse and His Boy rank really high on my list of favorite Chronicles as well! Such wonderful books! Can't wait to see them brought to the silver screen someday. :D

*dittos all of Jo's wonderful links* Also, feel free to drop by The Town Square in the Ditto Town subforum—it's the place to be for random and general discussion!

Enjoy exploring the forum, and hope to see you around! :)
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby HyperWing » Apr 27, 2014 10:31 pm

Welcome to NarniaWeb Imagine! I've been a lurker off and on for awhile but when I do come here I find it a wonderful place to be.

I too am a fan of 'The Silver Chair'. Voyage of the Dawn Treader is also on my list of favorites.

Hope you enjoy being here! :)
HyperWing
HyperWing
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext