This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby AstroWolfD » Apr 19, 2014 1:15 am

MouseHunt on NarniaWeb is.... well, let's just call it our National Pastime :P And right now, with the ribbon being cut on a fresh new thread, we celebrate the FIFTH incarnation of MouseHunt on NW! :ymparty:

When I first stumbled across the MH thread shortly after joining the site, I had NO idea what everyone was raving about :P However, it was definitely something I wanted to learn about and be a part of. And now, 2 years later, and having progressed almost halfway through Baron, I am so very glad I decided to take that journey to the lovely Kingdom of Gnawnia :) So if you are new here, and you too wonder what the heck this is about, I encourage you to jump right in and ask around. We have the best MH community right here on NW. No doubt about it.

As I type this, mice "hatch" dastardly culinary plots, and there are eggs aplenty to be found across the land! Time to consult your Scrambles and get cracking... the Spring event is here! How has hunting been for you thus far? Are your fortunes looking sunny side up? Will the event be over easy? Only time will tell. But in the meantime, making a checklist of eggs you are still in need of, as some have done, is a fantastic idea!

Oh yes, one other question I would pose to all you hunters.... what is your favorite mouse in the game? Inquiring minds want to know! :P

Previous MH Threads
Mousehunt I: http://forum.narniaweb.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2086
Mousehunt II:http://forum.narniaweb.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3357
MouseHunt III:http://forum.narniaweb.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4767
Mousehunt IV:http://forum.narniaweb.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5807

And the game itself: https://apps.facebook.com/mousehunt/
https://www.mousehuntgame.com/

May the DLU be with you all!
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby starkat » Apr 19, 2014 2:49 am

Still working on the gate guardian egg. It's being a pain. Just about to top 70 pieces of RB.

Uncaught eggs:

Clean
Crate
Gargatua
Gnawnia Rift
Icewing Generals
(Not sure why, but high, medium, and low charge eggs are on the list)
Living Salt
Lucky
Magmatic Golem
Mighty Mole
Mystic King
Technic King
Toxic Spill
starkat

Postby Varnafinde » Apr 19, 2014 2:50 am

Yay, a new episode of MouseHunt! B-)

I was just about to edit my list of uncaught eggs, so it goes right in here!
But first, there was a question in the previous thread:
fantasia_kitty wrote:Question, wasn't there a place last year that let you see the number of eggs all the players had caught?

There's a new post up in the forum that shows the LLL description and the scoreboard for each egg (the egg name isn't always visible) - it's 3 posts, actually, because the link code takes up so much space. Hope it's useful :)
Here's the link to the first of the 3 posts:
https://www.mousehuntgame.com/forum/showthread.php?107401-Eggs-not-on-the-Scoreboard.&p=1172642&viewfull=1#post1172642

Then my list of remaining eggs:

Acolyte Realm
Gate Guardian Egg
Chrono Egg

Fiery Warpath
Warpath Egg
Gargantua Egg

Gnawnia Rift
Mighty Mole Egg
Gnawnia Rift Egg

Iceberg
Iceberg Egg - caught
Icewing's Generals Egg
Drheller Egg
Icewing Egg
Living Salt Egg
Deep Egg

Slushy Shoreline
Iceberg Egg - caught
Slushy Shoreline Egg - caught

Zugzwang's Tower
Technic King Egg
Zugzwang's Egg
Mystic King Egg

Crystal Library
Pocketwatch Egg
Aether Egg
Crown Collector Egg

Bazaar
Crown Collector Egg

S.S. Huntington III
Crown Collector Egg

Tournament Hall
Crown Collector Egg

Forbidden Grove
Gate Guardian Egg

Gnawnian Express Station
Crate Egg
Sharpshooter Egg
Magmatic Golem Egg

King's Gauntlet
Eclipse Egg

Toxic Spill
Toxic Spill Egg
Clean Egg

If I get the key to Living Garden soon, I'll probably try to get some of the LG eggs, too.

And the charge eggs as well. Hardly any MM cheese in the Medium eggs this year, so a break at the factory to farm it there and buy charge charms is needed occasionally.
Eggstra charms still come in the High eggs, so there has been no need to buy those, even though I feel that the drop rate is a bit lower than last year.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Apr 19, 2014 5:17 am

If anybody does not have the new Grand Arcanum trap skin by the end of the event, let me know, and I'll send you one. I got another one to drop yesterday, and I obviously don't need two.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby fantasia » Apr 19, 2014 9:32 am

Starting off the new thread with some personal statistics. :D From the previous thread.
Breeds Caught: 330 / 331 (missing General Drheller)
Event Breeds Caught: 61 / 63 (missing High Roller and Leprechaun)
Hunter's Title: Duchess (84.31 %)
Mice Caught: 55817
King's Crowns: 26 Gold, 131 Silver, 173 Bronze
Non-LE Collectibles: Only missing Z's Left Sock and the Frozen Sealed Bottle

And now...
Breeds Caught: 462/462
Event Breeds Caught: 106/107 (missing the High Roller)
Hunter's Title: Grand Duchess (67.21 %)
Mice Caught: 92625
King's Crowns: 36 Gold, 222 Silver, 248 Bronze
Non-LE Collectibles: Missing Z's Left Sock, Frozen Sealed Bottle, Z's Rock, and the Toxic Spill theme

On the subject of the egg hunt, I am only missing the Gargantua Egg and the Lucky Egg. I had a streak of 8 just a moment ago, but attracted a Commander instead of a Garga. :P ;)) I'm hoping to get it before the Toxic Spill on Tuesday. I've made the top of the 'Unique Eggs Found' scoreboard again this year which I am very excited about. :D I'm currently tied for second. If I catch Mr. Garga I'll be tied for first!
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby ceppault » Apr 20, 2014 8:37 am

Varnafinde wrote:Yay, a new episode of MouseHunt! B-)

:ymapplause:

Return to the King's Gauntlet. 'Magine that :p Aiming to Silver Crown on the Puppet Master (64 currently) before clearing Tier I again. That'll keep me out of trouble for a while. At 31 Eclipse mice. Offloading cheese I don't ever see using.
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby starkat » Apr 20, 2014 11:37 am

I FINALLY caught a gate guardian that dropped the egg. Took over 100 pieces of rb in the acolyte realm. Now to the trains. Anyone know where to get the clean egg?
starkat

Postby Varnafinde » Apr 20, 2014 12:25 pm

The clean egg comes in the Spill.

*goes to edit the eggs list in her previous post*
Varnafinde

Postby shastastwin » Apr 20, 2014 12:32 pm

Bringing over my list of missing Eggs from the last topic:

Aether
Big Bad Burroughs
Black Widow
Chrono
Clean *
Cook
Deep (not trying again for Iceberg this year)
Dhreller (not trying again for Iceberg this year)
Eclipse
Fog
Gargantua *
Gate Guardian *
Gnawnia Rift *
Living Salt * (not trying again for Iceberg this year)
M400 *
Mage Weaver *
Magic
Magmatic Golem *
Mystic King * (did not get this one in my tower run; not likely to try again this year)
Scavenger

(* denotes egg added this year)

I'm back in the Gauntlet working on Tier 5. I'm also working on an M400 assignment and doing a train later, so we'll see a few more eggs knocked off before too long, I hope.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Apr 21, 2014 5:50 am

My last two obtainable eggs are proving to be a pain. :P ;)) I've had four shots at a Garga. Normally I go for a streak of 8, that seems to be my magic number. Two times he showed up at 7, and the other two times I FTCed a Commander. :P So he's been coming at 7 and probably 9, which of course, averages to be 8, but I really need him to show up on 8. :P ;)) At least I'm in Wave 1 now instead of Wave 3 so that helps.
No sign of a Lucky Egg yet.
Toxic Spill tomorrow. I'm actually a tad worried about the Clean Egg if it only drops off of the Hazmat Mouse. If it drops off of the Lab Assistant as well, I'll be ok.
How's everybody else's egg hunting coming along?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Apr 21, 2014 6:42 am

Missed the crate egg, but got the Express and the Sharpshooter. I've yet to catch a magmatic golem, so I am not counting on catching that one.
starkat

Postby shastastwin » Apr 21, 2014 9:11 am

I finally got the Gauntlet Magic and Sharpshooter eggs. I'm going to try for the Magmatic Golem Egg, but like kat, I've not even caught one of those yet, so I'm not especially hopeful. After that, I'll try to pick up some of the easier eggs I'm missing (like the Mojo and Slushy/Iceberg eggs) before the Spill.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Apr 21, 2014 11:09 am

Right after my above post I snagged my Garga Egg. :) Just need the Lucky Egg and as I'm not sure there's any good place to farm for it. I'm finishing up the treasure map I'm on and Charging Eggs until the Toxic Spill.

ETA: Looking at the egg hunt data on Horntracker, it appears that the average Lucky Egg drop is approximately 1/125 to 1/200.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Apr 21, 2014 4:25 pm

Well, I didn't get the M. Golem egg, but I did catch my first Magmatic Crystal Thief mouse. :D

I'll be trying for various smaller eggs now and then going to the Toxic Spill once that opens up.
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Varnafinde » Apr 21, 2014 4:47 pm

I'm in Zugzwang's Tower, waiting for the last King of a double run - so I've got the Zugzwang's egg and the Technic King egg, and only need the Mystic King egg. 44% amp, so I'll catch him with no need to give up - but he's playing elusive at the moment.
Varnafinde

Postby daughter of the King » Apr 21, 2014 7:36 pm

I thought about taking the time to go after eggs that I haven't got yet, but once I started getting eggs in the Living Garden I just couldn't bring myself to leave. Awesome loot is awesome. ;)) I might do another train to catch the eggs I missed there since I don't have the traps for that area yet. And I'll definitely head for the toxic spill once that opens up again. Basically, I'm going after loot instead of specific eggs.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Next