This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Three who died on same day 50 years ago

C. S. Lewis, his worlds, and his faith.

Moderators: coracle, Lady Arwen

Three who died on same day 50 years ago

Postby coracle » Nov 20, 2013 12:20 am

Jack Lewis died on 22 November 1963, the same day as President John F Kennedy. A third famous figure, writer Aldous Huxley, also died that day.

This article compares some aspects of the three.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11/03/three-great-men-died-that-day-jfk-c-s-lewis-and-aldous-huxley.html
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Re: Three who died on same day 50 years ago

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Nov 22, 2013 4:45 am

Here is a BBC report on today's 50th anniversary commemoration at Westminster Abbey of C.S.Lewis' death. There is a photo of the plaque on the floor in Poet's Corner. C.S.Lewis is the first person from Belfast to be commemorated there.

This Daily Telegraph article was in today's newspaper, though it was evidently written two days previously, which is when I asked if they could mention others who died on the same day as JFK.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Movie Aristotle » Apr 01, 2014 11:12 pm

I read the article last year and found it interesting. I still don't have a good idea of who Aldous Huxley was, but I found the comparison of these three men to be interesting. They all seemed to have had different philosophies. Of the three, I wonder who had the bigger impact?
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby jewel » May 07, 2014 11:27 am

I know when think about that, I am amazed.
jewel
NarniaWeb Nut