This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

General Movie Questions

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: General Movie Questions

Postby daughter of the King » Nov 17, 2013 10:55 am

If you're looking for a visual reference of the lamppost, I suggest the Narniaweb Image Gallery: http://www.narniaweb.com/image-gallery/

You can find concept art as well as official production photos there.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby rcallicotte » Nov 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Not knowing nearly as much as I'd like, I assumed maybe there were some known facts about the Lamppost of which I knew nothing and was hoping to discover any correlated "secrets" or absolutely unsinkable adjectives describing this crux in the Narnian world. Thanks for your reply.
rcallicotte
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Reepicheep775 » Nov 17, 2013 3:34 pm

rcallicotte wrote:Not knowing nearly as much as I'd like, I assumed maybe there were some known facts about the Lamppost of which I knew nothing and was hoping to discover any correlated "secrets" or absolutely unsinkable adjectives describing this crux in the Narnian world. Thanks for your reply.

Have you read The Magician's Nephew? It provides the origin of the lamppost.
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Impending Doom » Dec 11, 2013 7:51 pm

I hear a lot about the infamous Leaked Script and I was wondering if there is somewhere I can read it? I want to see if its as awful as it everyone says. If not can someone give me a summery of the script and who leaked it? I'd really appreciate it. Cheers!
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby jesus-aslan freak » Dec 29, 2013 8:43 pm

Impending Doom wrote:I hear a lot about the infamous Leaked Script and I was wondering if there is somewhere I can read it? I want to see if its as awful as it everyone says. If not can someone give me a summery of the script and who leaked it? I'd really appreciate it. Cheers!
There isn't a place where you can just read the leaked script if you haven't already. And it didn't give away the whole plot. But I will say that as far from the book as it is, it still would have been better had it gone through. Why? Because it had a plot that made a whole lot more sense that what the final script did. The Lady of the Green Kirtle was the main villain, and Trumpkin and Cornelius were on the Dawn Treader. On the Lone Islands they learn that the Gumpus is under an enchantment and people in a zombie like enchantment are drawn into a cave that magically opens up to look like a serpent... Think Aladdin Cave of Wonders. When the full moon comes up, the people in the cave disappeare, somehow Trumpkin's wife was taken too or something like that... Anyway, somehow they are given the White Witch's stone knife and are told that only it has the power to win the battle to come. I don't remember much more. I know that Caspian has dreams of a mysterious "star girl" who is, of course, Ramandu's daughter, and (worst of all) There is a love triangle between her, Caspian, and... LUCY who has a crush on Caspian. In between all of that, the rest of it, I don't remember but think it was true to the final film. Obviously, doesn't resemble the book at all, but it did have more of that longing for Aslan's Country, and it made more sense cinematically speaking than the plot in the final film about a green mist, seven swords, and cliche character moments. Not a big fan of either one.
For Aslan!
jesus-aslan freak
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Impending Doom » Dec 30, 2013 5:32 pm

:| Sums up my reaction. Thank you very much jesus-aslan freak!
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Falaskan » Jul 22, 2014 10:54 pm

When does filming again? I know this has been greenlite but why is taking so long? I want the same boy to play Eustice. When will the contest for the name of The Lady of the Green Kittle be released? So many questions, so little answers!
Falaskan
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby starkat » Jul 23, 2014 4:22 am

Falaskan, we had a gap of probably four years between the time LWW was green lit to the time filming actually started if I remember correctly. They have to finish the script, find a director and the rest of the technical and creative teams. Then there's the whole casting process. So it just takes time to get the ball rolling. We'll get more information as time goes on.

You can take a look here: http://forum.narniaweb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=123 for a timetable from the older three movies that fantasia put together.
starkat

Postby Aslan Fan » Oct 26, 2014 1:05 pm

I'm curious. Did I miss something or have they announced who won the Green Lady naming contest? Or will we find out when the movie comes out. . .
Aslan Fan
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby GlimGlum » Oct 26, 2014 11:41 pm

Hi Aslan Fan. Here is a link to a relevant thread in the Cast and Character Discussion forum. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7968&p=284262#p284262

It would appear that as of now, nobody seems to know. :(
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby jayce76 » Sep 21, 2015 1:55 pm

daughter of the King wrote:I like to think that the Narniaweb community is pretty unique, but if you're looking for other Narnia fansites, narniafans.com and aslanscountry.com are the two most prominent sites other than Narniaweb.

Those are certainly great sites, and being Narnia boards, they have a warm and Christian atmosphere as well. But there is something about NarniaWeb that is very special & inviting. Forgive me if this is an older thread. I saw it and just had too say something.

-----------------------------------------------------------
https://plus.google.com/111116349396920152635/posts
jayce76
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DCLeadboot » Aug 22, 2018 1:29 pm

So, here we are again. I finally picked up a thread of news that says the Silver Chair movie is at last going get made, starting near the end of this year, in the hands of a new director and a new studio.
And with that news, I'm finally having an interest in rejuvenating this long-abandoned NarniaWeb account of mine, dusting it off and getting my forgotten password reset! #:-s

Can anybody tell me what there is that is known about the movie project as it stands right now?
I know I'm late to the party, but then so is The Silver Chair, after that pesky moratorium that bunged stuck a spanner in the works for the past seven years...
But recently, from a sense of nostalgia, I've been digging out the books again, and Mum and I also watched the three movies again for the first time in ages (which, despite the liberties taken with Caspian and Dawn Treader, are still pretty good flicks)

Never underestimate... the Leadboot!!
DCLeadboot
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby daughter of the King » Aug 22, 2018 3:02 pm

Here is everything we currently know about the status of the movie. Not much, I know, but making movies does tend to take a long time.
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby DCLeadboot » Aug 22, 2018 4:34 pm

Ah, thanks!
Hmmm, Douglas Gresham... there's one familiar face who could be returning as Producer (he was involved with the other films)
They speak of a trilogy though... could this mean they get round to Magician's Nephew and the Horse and his Boy, 'cos that'd be cool tool! :D
I can imagine the Last Battle would be a difficult one and they'd have to think very carefully about trying to do that one as well...

Never underestimate... the Leadboot!!
DCLeadboot
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby LucytheValiant23 » Aug 12, 2019 5:57 pm

I've always wondered with this mystery and I think you might agree with me but whatever happened to the crowns of the Pevensies after the first film was done? I really want to know where they went. :-?
LucytheValiant23
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby daughter of the King » Aug 13, 2019 6:24 pm

As far as I know, it isn't addressed in the films. However, since Susan's horn was also there, perhaps the crowns were also wherever Dr. Cornelius found the horn?
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

PreviousNext