The revealing of the Winners

Enjoy games and blogs with other NarniaWebbers.

Moderator: ValiantArcher

The revealing of the Winners

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Aug 01, 2013 11:36 am

*a shrill and yet familliar trumpet sounds throughout the land*

Calling all Owls and Mice! The time has come for the winner of this grand tournament to be revealed. While both teams have battled valiantly, one team was able to rise above its ancient foe, and has declared victory. Join me sending a hearty congratulations to. . . .

*drumrolls ring throughout the hall*

THE OWLS!

*The owls erupt in cheerful hoots as the noble mice bow their heads to their worthy foes while humbly clapping their soft paws*

Many thanks to all of the participants who made this competition such a brilliant success. We as marshals only ask that you remember your wondrous experiences across the forums involved. Those conversations that you loved talking about while you were earning points for your teams are still active! You can still find them in their respective sections, and while you can no longer earn points for your teams, you can learn, share, and grow as a Narnian. . . Together, we can still grow deeper and deeper as we go further up and further in.

Thank you again, and let the celebrations begin!!!!

DiGoRyKiRkE, Pattertwig's Pal, ramagut, and ValiantArcher

*opens a cask of apple cider, and passes out flagons*
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Re: The revealing of the Winners

Postby Meltintalle » Aug 02, 2013 8:14 am

...the flagon with the dragon...

A-hem! *raises glass* To the Owls, who were worthy competitors and prevailed with dignity and wit!

It was a pleasure to be a part of this event and I look forward to returning next year. May I also salute our honorable Marshals who were fabulous throughout? Of course I may! Here's to them, that their eyes and counting skills remain forever keen.

And finally, to my fellow Mice... :ymhug:
Visit the Silver Chair Reading Group!
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby stargazer » Aug 02, 2013 2:02 pm

To my fellow Owls, and to our worthy opponents the Mice, I raise a flagon (without a dragon ;)) ) of ice-cold Mountain Dew and offer the beverage of choice to all. 'Twas a worthy competition indeed, and I look forward to next year's event.

And a hearty thanks to the Marshals, who worked so hard setting up the event and tallying all those posts! :ymapplause:
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Nellie of Narnia » Aug 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Where is everyone? Last year this thread was hopping! :-\ As I am the first non-mod NW member to post here, my only thought is that perhaps people thought only mods could post in this thread. But my understanding is that it's for any of the competitors to post in, mod or not! And now, without further ado, here's my post...

So we Owls won, eh? I thought we might. But I didn't know for sure until it was over. Anyways, to my dear Parliamentary Owls, here's a big

CONGRATULATIONS! :ymapplause: :ymhug:

Well done indeed! We worked hard, and it paid off! Good job, everyone! :D

And to the dear Noble Mice, our worthy competitors, I express sympathy for your loss. Your team was always fairly close behind us Owls; I imagine it must have been frusterating for you guys to never quite catch up. (At least as far as I saw.) Good effort indeed! :ymapplause: :)

Lastly, but certainly not leastly (< ;)) ), a huge thanks to our wonderful Marshals! The effort, dedication and care you four put into this tournamant is greatly appreciated.

THANK-YOU! :ymapplause: :ymhug:

I look forward to the next tournament with great anticipation! :D

Nellie out. :)
"Polly knew at once that it was the Cabby's wife, fetched out of our world not by any tiresome magic rings, but quickly, simply and sweetly as a bird flies to its nest."
(The Magician's Nephew, Chapter 11)

Real life daughter to johobbit!
NW niece to ramagut.
NW Hobbit cousin to coracle.
Nellie of Narnia
NarniaWeb Junkie