This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Featured Roleplays: Crisis in the Snow and TWBTS

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Featured Roleplays: Crisis in the Snow and TWBTS

Postby Madame Gosté » Aug 22, 2009 4:33 pm

Welcome to one of Ditto Town's featured roleplays.

Here in Ditto Town, when one of ze stories in ze Town Fountain becomes popular enough, I give them their own thread, to keep things neater and more organized. Moi, I’m proud to feature some of Ditto Town's best roleplays.

If vous would like to join any of these roleplays, please PM ze creator first.

Please follow zese guidelines in your posts:
    • Please keep all posts rated “G” or “PG” for ze sake of our younger members.
    • Cooperate with ze plotter, as they basically have ze final word for ze storyline.
    • Please try to make your posts longer than 10 words and shorter than 600 words. If vous want to chat (“I’m at work today. How are vous?”) instead of role-play (“Chedder ze Chipmunk flings himself from branch to branch, looking for his lost thimble.”), please go to ze Cup & Platter Chatroom.
    • All role play characters should be characters vous have invented yourself, not stolen from ze other authors. Vous can use names created by others, but zey must be different characters. Vous can use your characters from ze Ditto Story and Fountain, or ones made up just for this thread. Vous can post a biography of your characters in ze Ditto Town Post Office.

S’amuser!
Madame Gosté
Ditto Town Host
DT Featured roleplays presents:
Crisis in the Snow
&
The Wood Between The Stories

created by:
Lady Arwen, OurDLF, Sweeetlilgurlie
written by:
Bookwyrm, BuBbLyLu, Eric Novak, Lady Arwen, OurDLF, and Sweeetlilgurlie

Description:
In Crisis in the Snow, enemies occupy every side, with lots of backstabbing, backtracking and double crossing…and all in the dead of winter, too. Heroes (and Heroines) from many different walks of life have returned to right the impending wrongs. From elves and dragons to the ever-popular Force Users, Northern Dittotopia is clashing arms…yet the most powerful weapon is yet to be revealed.
The Crystal.
The Wood Between The Stories is the link between Dark Side Rising and Crisis in the Snow, the story follows the main characters in their quest to… uh, well, their writers’ quest to explain how things changed between the two stories. This story follows a very small band of travelers, mostly Force Users: Rel Taric, Cassandra, and Meav as the leaders and their two charges (how do these split between three people?) Vizio and Kel.

Vous can read Crisis in the Snow from the beginning here, and The Wood Between the Worlds here.
Madame Gosté
Ditto Town Host

Re: Featured Roleplays: Crisis in the Snow and TWBTS

Postby OurDLF » Sep 05, 2009 8:21 am

Crisis in the Snow

Darth Gratus sensed something in this new country. He motioned to General Kruzef to order a halt. The office shouted the order louder than the Sith would have wished, bringing a deeper scowl to his face.

He glanced about, feeling the area with the Force. Something was different. Something was already here. Something... was up.

"There is a strange power in this land, and it is not from the pointy-eared elves. I can feel it. Drusus, I think the Elves were already at war."
NWSO Principle 2nd Violin & Founder
Veteran Ditto Fountaineer & Mansionite
Humble Knight of the Order of the Spoiler Free Monasterie (Incorruptus!)
OurDLF
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Arwen » Sep 08, 2009 6:33 pm

Crisis in the Snow

"Our friend Fingon is right," Neíhudir began after a long pause. "Do not loose hope."

Neíhudir stopped speak and stared down at the map before him, lost in thought. Meav was beginning to wonder if the elves really did sleep, but just did it standing and with their eyes open when Neíhudir straightened up and continued.

"This Sith lord you speak of, he was once an ally of yours before he betrayed you, was he not?"

The glum looks of the Eberites confirmed the half-elf's statement like nothing else could.

"Then, perhaps it is time that I speak of something I had not intended to mention. Nathan, my cousin informed me that when you return to Ebertez one of your fellow Jedi was leaving on a secret mission. He came here, and attacked our people in an effort to obtain our most powerful weapon. Whether his failure was by choice or not, we cannot tell, as it could be either. This is why we requested that you abandon your weapons. This leaves us in a precarious situation, for our people have no trust for yours. However, as Fingon gives his honor in alliance with you, we will honor him and stand beside men once more."

"Oh, I'm glad we've come to that decision," Meav growled. "So, we are now on the verge of a battle, one forced on us, not chosen. What strength do these men of Cââd have? What problem could they cause?"

"They have one stronger than any Force User or elf or combination thereof," Cameron interjected.

"What do you mean?"

"This...man, I suppose, is practically evil incarnate," Alàtariël replied. "His name is Legion, and has the strength and ability of few. It is no trouble for him to duplicate himself and use every light and dark power in all of his duplicates."

"A man that could wreck all, then," Meav muttered. "This is more complicated than I thought."

"It is, but we still have possible defenses and plans that none know of," Neíhudir said. "But I wish for the imput of the others, first."

((More for the Baddies later))
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby ericnovak » Sep 08, 2009 8:56 pm

"You don't understand the power of Legion," Cameron continued. "I've often thought of my encounter with him and I marvel that I'm still alive."

Cameron shuffled through some papers in his pack and pulled out a small satchel. Reaching inside he pulled out a worn fragment of paper and handed it to Alàtariël. She read it aloud.

"And he asked him, 'What is thy name?' And he answered, saying, 'My name is Legion: for we are many. We are the Gerasene Demons!'"

Alàtariël handed the paper back to Cameron and he put it back into the pouch. "I've seen what Legion can do, throughout history Legion has infested the minds of many. We cannot underestimate him."

((*Waves at everyone*))
ericnovak
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady Arwen » Oct 05, 2009 2:37 pm

"Our friend is right," Neíhudir said, nodding. "But I still wish for more information--we are quite isolated here. What strengths are present in this room? We are learning each other's weaknesses--what is a viable form of defense? You are not sheep that follow. You would not be here if you were. Charis, Cassandra, you are independent and extremely skilled women. What input will you have?"
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Bookwyrm » Oct 07, 2009 7:25 pm

Crisis

Cassandra slouched against the wall of the cave, frowning. She couldn't believe she was standing here, listening to the Pointy-Ears blather on when Vizio was out there somewhere, out of his mind. He could be hurt, he could even be dying. The one person in her life who actually cared about her and she couldn't save him. So Cassandra wasn't exactly feeling like playing well with others.

"I was mostly thinking of killing people. Lots of people. Is there an official amount that I need to kill and I can leave after that? Or is it mostly just a Kill-Until-They-Stop-Coming scenario?" Cassandra responded.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Oct 09, 2009 6:38 am

Charis shrugged. "I can fight. I can use the Force. Mostly I've stopped using it on a big scale, though. I'm not exactly sure what I am anymore." She suddenly laughed uncomfortably. "I used to be a sith, but I'm not anymore. I was once a jedi, but I'm not that either."

She thought about her skills, still not ready to be using force powers much. "I'm very good at espionage." Charis offered, not ashamed of boasting.
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby Lady Arwen » Oct 14, 2009 5:34 pm

A dark figure slowly made its way down the mountainside toward the Hittani camp. Stopping an appropriate distance from the tent nearest him, he watched.

"I have come to speak with the Lords of this great company," his voice boomed across the snow after a few minutes. "Who will direct me to them?"

((More later, still working on a good guys post))
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby OurDLF » Nov 05, 2009 8:54 pm

Crisis in the Snow

The sentry nearest the voice woke with a start, and bumbled his way through the customary challenge. After exchanging a few words, he called for another sentry, who ran to get Darth Gratus.

A few minutes later, the robed Sith appeared.

"Who is it that seeks to enter the camp of the Hittani? Speak quickly, for death comes swiftly to those who hesitate." hissed Gratus.

Yonatan squirmed as the voices droned on. He stood suddenly.

"Are we going to get past this, and to the business of dealing with our enemies?
OurDLF
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Arwen » Nov 23, 2009 7:30 pm

Crisis

"My name is Träm. I am one of the leaders of the great land of Cââd. This is Legion, whose place is of no import for now. We come for an alliance. We have heard that you seek the great treasure of the elves. Good. We care not for their treasures, only for their deaths. We stand with an army ten thousand strong to fight against the elves, our enemy. You have only those who could travel quickly and survive the cold. You have lost men on the treacherous mountain slopes. We were born and bred in these mountains. Your men have only what they could carry with them. We have enough to arm and feed and army ten times our size. What will your choice be?"

~~

"It could be helpful if we knew what our enemies were planning," Neíhudir mused, ignoring Cassandra for a moment or two. "Yet they have a powerful Force User. Would it be mostly safe?"

TWBTS

Meav considered bonking both Roccondil and Burgen over the head with her lightsaber if their author didn't do something soon.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby The Black Glove » Nov 25, 2009 2:29 pm

TWBTS

"It's clear," said Burgen, "That foul work is afoot. Roccondil and I will meditate long on this. In the meantime, you must search for this missing companion. I can give you little in the way of advice at the moment but as for help, I can give you supplies. Roccondil will see to it."
Whereof we speak, thereof we cannot be silent.
If God did not exist, we would be unable to invent Him.
The Black Glove
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady Arwen » Nov 26, 2009 12:00 pm

TWBTS

Meav tipped her head, not quite sure if she was included in the "foul work," but decided she wasn't about to ask.

"What do you mean, Lord Burgen? I do not understand," Kel asked, then shook her head. "I am sorry, I should ask Gawain; do you know where he is?"
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby The Black Glove » Nov 29, 2009 9:46 pm

TWBTS

"I do not know where he is," said Burgen, "So I would suggest looking for him. Do not despair."
Whereof we speak, thereof we cannot be silent.
If God did not exist, we would be unable to invent Him.
The Black Glove
Moderator Emeritus

Postby OurDLF » Dec 15, 2009 10:05 pm

Crisis

Gratus pondered Träm's words for a few moments, and motioned for him to follow. After a short walk, they entered a large tent.

Gratus motioned for Träm to be seated, as he stood with his back to him, and his hands behind his back. The Hittani leader twirled on his heel to face the man from Cââd.

"You make a good point. Our impetuous pursuit of the Eberim has been very costly. We have lost thousands of troops, not only from the fighting on the way up the mountains, but even more so from exposure to the cold. We could barely muster 15,000 to fight now, and many of those are barely war-worthy. An alliance with friends such as you would be very advantageous, and not just for the Hittani. You would benefit as well. If such an arrangement would please you, we would be more than willing to join forces with the men of Cââd.
OurDLF
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Arwen » Dec 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Crisis

"If it wouldn't, neither of us would be here," Träm growled, then smiled. "But you have a secret power, just as we do, no doubt. Now," he leaned forward and pulled a small, flat object from under his vestments, "how familiar are you with the elven lands?"
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Dec 16, 2009 7:44 pm

TWBTS

Rel stood up straighter. "Shall we have transport to get where we need to go then?" He ran over what he'd said in his head, and then corrected himself. "Where I need to go, I mean, excuse me Masters." Then he frowned. "You are sending me off on a mission, are you not?" He checked.

Crisis In The Snow

Drip. Drip. Water splashed down from the roof of the cave, from some kind of icicle.

Charis leaned against the wall of the cave. She wasn't sure what else to say. She watched the drips of water idly.

Drip. Drip. More water fell. A puddle was forming on the cold stone floor.

Charis looked up at the ceiling of their meeting place. It was so cold. Why was something melting at all? She frowned at the dripping water. Then her eyes widened and she hastily jumped back from the puddle. She scarcely had time to activate her lightsaber, and certainly not enough time to shout out a warning, when the ice began to freeze.

The drips stopped coming. The puddle was pushing itself together and up, up, up! The last drop of water froze midair and smashed onto the icy puddle. It was absorbed.

Still the thing grew. Up, and up!

Charis watched it cautiously. She was not going to slice its top off, though the thought had occurred to her. She would wait. And she would be ready.

The thing stopped growing when it was just a little shorter than Charis. It looked like an ice sculpture; there was a basic shape, but no features. One could see where the head was supposed to be.

Then the "head" whirled around (Charis almost jumped back). It'd been on backwards. There were features- buggy features-, and as they watched the sleek ice began to become rough, and changed color and texture until the thing almost looked like any old block of ice, or icy rock.

It turned to stare at the elf in charge.
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Next