This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Harry Potter!!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Harry Potter!!!

Postby Tirian12 » Nov 19, 2009 3:28 pm

in honor of the one year mark befor the release of Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 i give you a Harry Potter topic. for everything to do with potter

edit:
ok i know there are HP fans here, lets get a discusion on shall we? how bout fanfiction, anyone here fread any fanfic? who's excited about the new movie? lots of stuff to discuss so lets have it...
Image avie/sig by me
"The last enemy to be defeated is death." -1 Corinthians 15:26 http://www.youtube.com/user/voldythemoldy http://twitter.com/#!/voldythemoldy1
Tirian12
NarniaWeb Junkie

Re: Special Feature: Harry Potter!!!

Postby Tirian12 » Nov 22, 2009 11:32 am

it seems like everything i've posted lately has made the topic go dead :( why don't people want to talk about harry potter?
Image avie/sig by me
"The last enemy to be defeated is death." -1 Corinthians 15:26 http://www.youtube.com/user/voldythemoldy http://twitter.com/#!/voldythemoldy1
Tirian12
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby narnian1 » Nov 22, 2009 11:58 am

Well I love the books! and the movies for that matter as well.
My favorite character, since book 3, is Neville Longbottom- you can imagine how happy I was to read what he did in DH.

The most emotional and epic book in IMO is DH and I simply can't wait for it. I am glad to see I was on the right side when it came to Snape, though I doubted a few times I decided to maintain my side until the final page was turned. :)
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Tirian12 » Nov 22, 2009 12:27 pm

i wish snape hadn't died. some fanfic writers write that he didn't but i think its pretty obvious. yes Neville is gret. i think Sirius is probably my favorite though. can't wait for DH pt. 1!!! DH is my favorite book. whats your's?
Image avie/sig by me
Tirian12
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Rising_Star » Nov 22, 2009 12:53 pm

Please use spoilers when you talk about the books. Some people have not read them all. :)

My favorite book is probably DH. Even though it's the saddest one, it has the best message I think. It's chock-full of good stuff and information and answers that I'm very relieved they're making it into two movies. :D

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Nov 22, 2009 1:01 pm

Last book was a bit of a bloodbath, wasn't it?

For the last 5 Friday night we have been watching TV reruns of the 5 Harry Potter movies on TV. And now we have the HBP DVD. I can't wait to watch it. :D
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby narnian1 » Nov 22, 2009 1:59 pm

my favorite book is a mix between HBP and DH,
I like to seem them as just one for the most part. If I had to choose just one of the two, it would be DH however. So I guess I can call the final book my favorite.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby georgiefan1 » Nov 22, 2009 4:18 pm

I love Harry Potter!!!!!

my fave book is either 5 or 7 thier both so good!!! I cant wait for the HBP DVD!! HP7 wont come soon enough!

fave characters either Ginny or Hermione!
NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Narniafan#1 » Nov 23, 2009 8:29 pm

I LOVE the books! They are so cool. I can't decide who I like best.
Nevil is WAY up there. Along with the Weasley Twins. :D :D
Image<-made by nz_narnia_nut,avvie by Djeq
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/narnianheart-You can get cool prizes when you sign up for Swagbucks (like Starbucks gift cards)!
Narniafan#1
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Aslans Country » Nov 24, 2009 1:42 am

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. :D
I'm getting the HBP DVD on Dec.2nd and I really can't wait.. just to see it again, plus all the special features. I went to see it 3 times. :ymblushing:

My favourite book would also have to be DH, I just love every bit of it and although a lot of people consider the camping boring, I like it and think it was a necessary part of the book.
DH pt.1 is going to be such a different movie from all the previous ones.. no Hogwarts, and we won't even see most of the characters. It'll be interesting to see how it works out. The release seems such a long time away... this time next year is going to be so busy (well, for me) what with VDT and DH pt.1 coming out. :p

My favourite characters are Luna, Hermione, Ginny (in the books - I think they totally destroyed her in HBP the movie.. :(( ), Dobby and so on, but I love/hate all of them as appropriate. ;) I like Harry a lot as well, but it's hard to think of him like all the other characters because we always read from his point of view.

Tirian12 -
I think Snape had to die, it was just the way the story worked. He had nothing to live for anyway, Lily was all he wanted. Without her, what would he have done? Harry chose to see the good side of Snape, but what's to say that everyone else would have been so understanding? I do kind of wish Snape and Harry had been able to meet after Harry knew the truth, though.

Ah.. writing this has made me want to go and read Harry Potter again, for the millionth time. :p
Avie by flambeau.

"I'm there through your heartache, I'm there in the storm.. I don’t care where you've fallen, where you have been, I'll never forsake you, my love never ends, it never ends."
-Times, Tenth Avenue North
Aslans Country
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby georgiefan1 » Nov 26, 2009 10:33 am

ya I agree I loved the camping parts! they were fun for me to read! I could see everything in my head perfectly!
NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby ArcherForAslan » Nov 26, 2009 11:21 am

I just recently read these books for the first time, and I absolutely love them. DH is definitely my favorite; I cried so much in that book, but I love books that make me cry. :x My favorite character is definitely Snape, but I also love Fred, George, Neville, Luna, Ron, Hermione, and Harry. I also quite like Lucius and James, but only in the movies because I really like Jason Isaacs and I think the actor who plays adult James is adorable. I don't like teenager James though.

Aslans Country wrote:Tirian12 -
I think Snape had to die, it was just the way the story worked. He had nothing to live for anyway, Lily was all he wanted. Without her, what would he have done? Harry chose to see the good side of Snape, but what's to say that everyone else would have been so understanding? I do kind of wish Snape and Harry had been able to meet after Harry knew the truth, though.

Not only was he living for Lily, but Snape was also living to protect Harry from Voldemort. Since Harry defeated Voldemort, there's nothing to protect him from, so Snape's last reason to live was gone. As much as I love Snape, it was definitely best for him to die when he did, as sad as that may be. :((

Although, there is a very funny fanart comic that I found on what would have happened if Snape had lived. Basically, Snape is in bed, bandaged and stuff, and he's surrounded by all these colorful gifts and "Get Well Soon!" cards. Harry is there, sitting beside his bed, and he smiles and says "You REALLY like my eyes, huh?" Snape is furious. :p
Avy by Sarah from totallygeorgie.com
ArcherForAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Tirian12 » Nov 26, 2009 1:31 pm

i didn't mind the camping but it went on way too long. and also why for the love of merlin's baggy y fronts did Ron have to leave? that didn't make any sense, i mean it was a good way to show him how to use the delluminator but it REALLY made me mad. you guys are right about Snape, i mean yes she could have made him live, but that would have wrecked the question of whether Snape had any love for Harry, or whether it was all for Lilly. I thought that Harry being a horcrux and having to die was a great way to make Harry into the perfect christ figure, i also really liked the Hallows plot

i recently wrote an essay on why Christians have problems with Harry Potter, shall i post it? is anyone interested? will everyone promise not to use it?
Image avie/sig by me
Tirian12
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Aslans Country » Nov 28, 2009 5:16 am

ArcherForAslan, yeah, that's true. Although a terribly sad thought.. And lol, that's hilarious. :p
Tirian12, Ron leaving made me mad as well, but it was necessary for the story. For one thing, the camping would have been really boring without it, and it made him coming back such a powerful moment, as well as providing a means to show the feelings between Ron and Hermione. Plus I kinda like the moments in the graveyard between Harry and Hermione. They made such good friends for each other.:)
Avie by flambeau.

"I'm there through your heartache, I'm there in the storm.. I don’t care where you've fallen, where you have been, I'll never forsake you, my love never ends, it never ends."
Aslans Country
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby decarus » Nov 28, 2009 10:34 am

I am a big Harry Potter fan and all of the behind the scenes stuff for Deathly Hallows i have seen has looked amazing. Deathly Hallows is my favorite book with the exception of Snape's storyline which i am still hoping they will leave out of the film for the most part.

I don't really think that DH's is a bloodbath. I think only five good guys die which isn't that bad really and there is no blood since they use spells. I liked the camping part and have no idea why people think it is boring.

All i know is right now i am a lot more excited for Deathly Hallows then Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It seems like VotDT is going to be changed a lot more then DH just based on what we have seen though i know more about DH at this moment then VotDT. Though without a doubt i like the CoN books better then HP.
There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Aslans Country » Nov 29, 2009 3:13 am

Ah.. I can't decide which I'm looking forward to more... I think probably VDT, because DH is only part 1, and I think I'll enjoy part 2 a lot more. It's going to be torture to go to the cinema and not be able to watch all the way through. :p
Avie by flambeau.

Aslans Country
NarniaWeb Nut

Next