This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Makeup & Hair

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Makeup & Hair

Postby starkat » Apr 20, 2013 3:13 pm

You can get toothpaste with whitening stuff in it now. Some of it stronger than others. I wouldn't touch anything else unless it was at a dentist office because of the danger of putting some substances directly into your digestive system.
starkat

Postby IloveFauns » Apr 20, 2013 5:55 pm

I do't wax my eyebrows because they are light and it wouldn't make much difference. As for teeth I have never tried anything to whiten them.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby IloveFauns » May 30, 2013 12:25 am

Maybe sometimes I try weird stuff and this is one of them. Green lipstick.

IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby johobbit » May 30, 2013 11:29 am

You know, IlF, not everyone could pull that off ... but you can. (That is a compliment. :D ) It looks very funky! B-)
johobbit

Postby IloveFauns » May 30, 2013 4:29 pm

Thank you :) , I don't think my mother liked it too much but she doesn't like it when anyone wheres weird color items really.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby SnowAngel » Jun 06, 2013 5:29 pm

WOW, IloveFauns, that lipstick is stunning! :)

Several weeks ago for my birthday, I received gray eye shadow and lip gloss (Alba TerraGloss Bloom). The eye shadow is super cool! My sister got it from a shop on Etsy, it is mineral makeup and has shimmer. I have been using brown eye shadow a lot recently, so having a new neutral is great. Plus the gray is awesome with my gray-blue eyes. :)

I love lip gloss when I remember to wear it. ;) I already had the garnet color which is as dark as the bloom is light. Having two colors of lip gloss is really nice. :)

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby IloveFauns » Jun 07, 2013 2:52 am

Thank you. I am kind of scared to wear it out for what mum would say she will probably think it is over the top. Next year when I go to uni ha.

I usually wear red lipstick or a purple red colour. So I don't usually wear lipgloss.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Ithilwen » Oct 12, 2013 1:49 pm

Does anyone have any tips as to how to use false eye-lashes without losing your real lashes? There's a certain look I've been wanting to get as of late, but it requires false lashes. Upon reading up on the subject, I was informed that losing your real lashes after using fake ones is a quite common occurrence. :-s

Any way to get around this? Or if not, is there any way of getting that same lash look without falsies? :P

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Spontaneouslightning » Oct 22, 2013 7:39 pm

Ithilwen wrote:Does anyone have any tips as to how to use false eye-lashes without losing your real lashes? There's a certain look I've been wanting to get as of late, but it requires false lashes. Upon reading up on the subject, I was informed that losing your real lashes after using fake ones is a quite common occurrence. :-s

Any way to get around this? Or if not, is there any way of getting that same lash look without falsies? :P

Hey Ithilwen , Well it largely depends on The look you wanna try .A good mascara can make all the difference . Maybelline has a Mascara called "Falsies" , maybe that could help . What kind of Mascara do you use ?
Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different… – “Prince Caspian”
Spontaneouslightning
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Ithilwen » Oct 22, 2013 7:45 pm

Spontaneouslightning wrote:What kind of Mascara do you use ?

At the moment, I don't use any kind. I haven't really worn make-up in the past, so I'm pretty new to this whole thing. :P

Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Spontaneouslightning » Oct 22, 2013 8:17 pm

Ithilwen wrote:
Spontaneouslightning wrote:What kind of Mascara do you use ?

At the moment, I don't use any kind. I haven't really worn make-up in the past, so I'm pretty new to this whole thing. :P

To be honest I don't always ware makeup either. Lol :p But form experience a good mascara can help a lot . What kind of look are you going for ? Light , Dramatic , Natural , night .
Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different… – “Prince Caspian”
Spontaneouslightning
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Ithilwen » Oct 22, 2013 8:51 pm

Spontaneouslightning wrote:What kind of look are you going for ? Light , Dramatic , Natural , night .

I was actually going for the mod look. You know, that style that was popular in the UK during the 1960s. The false eye-lashes were such a staple of that look, it seems. Would I be able to achieve that look with just mascara?

Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Spontaneouslightning » Oct 22, 2013 9:01 pm

Ithilwen wrote:
Spontaneouslightning wrote:What kind of look are you going for ? Light , Dramatic , Natural , night .

I was actually going for the mod look. You know, that style that was popular in the UK during the 1960s. The false eye-lashes were such a staple of that look, it seems. Would I be able to achieve that look with just mascara?

I think it would depend on the mascara . I've only had mascara on and a family member thought I had falsies on . So I'm sure you could do It with a good Mascara and a good hand .
Spontaneouslightning
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby AslansChild » Oct 23, 2013 9:23 am

And maybe a bit of eyeliner and a bit of shadow? I don't wear makeup, but I've tried that before for Halloween. Also, for Twiggy's look, I've seen people draw false lashes under the eye with a liner, for the 60's look.

http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2011/08/h ... wiggy.html

^ @ Halloween , for eyeliner, I just use a black Halloween face creme, it's very runny, so it works. But for the mascara, I just so happen to have that tube, weird coinsidence. So - it does work. :)

Can your eyelashes really fall out with falsies? :-o Why would want to use that stuff!?! :p You could always try those induvidual ones...might be less...deadly.
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby TheGeneral » Oct 24, 2013 1:29 pm

I dye my hair black but have always wanted to spice it up with some color for a long time. I want a few blue streaks or red streaks, haven't decided which yet.
I don't mind spending some money on my hair but I'm curious if anyone here has dyed their own hair with a bold color like that. I'm tempted to try ;)
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby IloveFauns » Oct 25, 2013 4:12 am

I have dyed my hair purple. My hair had been dyed a light blond previously but it had grown out, so I had to dye over my natural sandy blond, the mid brown streaks and the very slight blond in my hair. I left it in far the max time and You could not tell I had other colors under it. I am rather practiced on hair dying(mine, my sisters and my mums). Since you have dyed black hair you will have to bleach the areas where you want the streaks first, other wise you will not be able to see the colour or it will be very doll.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

PreviousNext