This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Who Should Play Who In Future Narnias?

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Who Should Play Who In Future Narnias?

Postby DamselJillPole » Aug 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Wow Benedict Cumberbatch would be amazing to see with white hair lol. I always thought of him as Puddleglum or at least provide his voice, I get this feeling that Puddleglum is going to be CGI because of how his body shape is described in the book.

I still have Bill Nighy in mind for Uncle Andrew though.

I'd still love for Natalie Dormer to portray the Lady Of Green Kirtle. As for Jill Pole there's a few actresses I could see playing her but the one I really want to portray her is American, so whoever they get I hope she looks like this http://www.imdb.com/media/rm747615744/nm3268164

Rilian oh wow, I'm still thinking about him.

This guy can be either Rabadash, Emeth or Rhisda: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2353862/

For Tirian, I do see him as very dark hair and sparkly blue eyes but for some reason I want this guy to portray him: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1245491456/nm1167083
*Edit* Actually just now seeing a clip of Augustus Prew as Prince Alfonso he would make a great Rilian, He's already 25 and would be too much older then Tirian and perfect age for Rilian. Here's the video that can prove he would make a good Rilian: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlCKwzB2mGo
Also if you look at the video beside it that says "Everybody loves Prince Alfonso" He shows more characteristics like Rilian especially the laugh, I can't post it on here because it shows one scene of him almost half bare skinned. :p

This is all I have for now.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lilygloves » Jan 13, 2013 9:31 am

I like the idea of Matt Smith as Puddleglum. At first I was unsure because I'm used to him being the goofy doctor, but I can see it after that speech.

I would also love to see Benedict Cumberbatch as Uncle Andrew. That would work really well. Possibly Alan Rickman, although I'm not sure I could fully see that, especially because he'll always be Snape in my mind. :)

I was also thinking of Colin Morgan from Merlin (which I have been watching from slight influence of Narnian_Badger :D ) as Shasta. He's actually pretty much exactly how I imagined Shasta while reading the book.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Electra » Jan 14, 2013 5:29 pm

Benedict Cumberbatch would be an amazing Uncle Andrew - I can really see that happening.

Patrick Stewart in Narnia... That would probably be the greatest thing ever to happen if it did happen, I highly doubt it though, but you never know!

I haven't really thought of casting so much but maybe Dominic Cooper as Shasta? I liked him enough in Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter :D
Electra
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DamselJillPole » Jan 15, 2013 12:42 am

Colin Morgan and Dominic Cooper are too old to play Shasta/Cor. Unless they show Cor a few years later married to Aravis. I can only see the two actors as King Tirian. Cor and his twin are about 12 or 13 in the book but see the casting directors might cast 14-16 year olds for the part or parts if great enough twins audition.

Benedict Cumberbatch while he would make a great Uncle Andrew I can only see him as the comedic and loving Puddleglum :)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby MountainFireflower » Jan 16, 2013 5:11 pm

I see Colin Morgan as Rilian, actually. He could pull off the tortured look well, I think. Not sure how much he'd resemble Caspian and Lilliandil, but that's never stopped Hollywood before. ;))

Patrick Stewart in Narnia would blow my mind. I think that would be fantastic. ;)) I don't quite see him as Puddleglum, though I think it could work! I see him as a great alternate voice for Aslan, though.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Purpleotter » Jan 16, 2013 5:28 pm

I'd like to see Abigail Breslin in the role of Jill. She's not one of my favorite actresses, but I still think she could play her well.
"Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia"-Aslan
Purpleotter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby aragorn2 » Feb 01, 2013 8:10 am

I'd really like to see Bill Nighy as Uncle Andrew, bu the might be getting too old :( . And I think Elle Fanning would be great as either Jill or Polly.

And if PC is ever remade I would love to see Russell Crowe as Miraz
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DamselJillPole » Feb 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Elle Fanning would've been a fantastic Polly if these movies were being filmed faster although now she looks more mature than her older sister in looks. She seriously looks 19 or 20 instead of a 16 year old.

Russell Crowe definitely as a Miraz if the films did have a reboot. ;)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby humdedum » Feb 05, 2013 5:24 pm

For some reason, I've always imagined Uncle Andrew as looking like Peter Capaldi.

Peter was absolutely brilliant in Torchwood: Children of Earth and I think he could deliver a delightfully insane, intense performance. :D
humdedum
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Feb 06, 2013 1:59 am

Peter Capaldi does have the right look to pull off Uncle Andrew. :)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby AslansChild » Feb 11, 2013 9:24 am

Atarah I liked the clip you posted of Matt Smith, I really like the idea of him playing Puddleglum.

"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia."

Yup, I can see it. :)

I still like the Cumberbatch-for-Uncle-Andrew-Idea, (somebody should start an online campaign! :p ) but what about David Tennant? He would be good, and he could also add humor to it.

Whenever I think of the Lady of the Green Kirtle, I automatically think of Poison Ivy from the Batman films in the 90's. Who was that? Nicole Kidman?

Also, the woman who played Caroline Bingley in the '05 Pride & Prejudice would be nice.

"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby MountainFireflower » Feb 26, 2013 4:58 pm

David Tennant would be so fascinating for Uncle Andrew. The only thing I would be concerned about is whether he could portray not only the humorous side, but the dark side of Uncle Andrew, too. I haven't seen any of his acting, but with things like Doctor Who and Hamlet under his belt, I would think he could do a good job.

The lady who played Caroline Bingley in P&P really does look like LotGK to me. I really, really like her for that role. She looks fantastic, and so much like what I pictured in my head. In fact, even before I read the text to go along with the picture, I knew exactly which role you were suggesting her for. Great suggestion!
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Brady TIH Narnia » Mar 10, 2013 10:36 pm

By the Mane!! things sure have been busy since i last looked at this. i saw some amazing suggestions! Atarah, I logged on here thinking of suggesting Matt Smith for the role of Uncle Andrew, but now i'm starting to think that Puddlegum would be a better fit!! i adore him as the Doctor, he really can pull it off, i believe. Also, i looked up the woman who plays Miss Bingley in 2005 Pride & Prejudice, her name is Kelly Reilly. I never thought of her for the Lady of the Green Kirtle, but you're right, she would be great! Another idea if she is not available would be Karen Gillian, best known for Amy Pond in Doctor Who. She has the sass and firey red hair for it ;;)
Thor "Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and my brother!" Black Widow "he killed 80 people in 2 days" Thor "he's adopted"
Brady TIH Narnia
NarniaWeb Newbie

Location: Southern California, United States of Awesome! ish.

Postby MountainFireflower » Mar 16, 2013 12:55 am

Oh, wow. Karen Gillan. That was one person I hadn't thought of at all. Hmm! She does have the sass, I agree. Not sure if she could pull off menacing, but it's worth a shot.

I'm fond of her as Amy Pond, so it's weird to think of her playing a villain. :p I can see how she would be able to pull it off, though. Fascinating suggestion! :D
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Aslanisthebest » Mar 17, 2013 4:28 pm

Wow, some really interesting suggestions here!

For Uncle Andrew, I'm not sure how I feel about Benedict Cumberbatch. Uncle Andrew supposed to be a bit frightening, and considering Cumberbatch is kind of fangirl material.... :P I'm not sure how they could pull that off convincingly and stick to the spirit of the book. (Like, there are plenty fangirl-material-villains in movies, but I don't know if the TMN really has that aspect to it.) Cumberbatch would be the star of the film. I kind of feel similarly of Matt Smith.
I am not familiar with Peter Capaldi, but he looks like he could really pull off Uncle Andrew.
Maybe it's just this way for me, but I like seeing someone who is not too noticeable, especially for the main characters. :)

The Lady who played Caroline Bingley as LotGK is really convincing! Her poise is very similar to what I pictured of the LotGK. She has the green eyes and everything. My sister just reminded me that she was Mrs. Watson in A Game of Shadows. That's a good reference of the actress not acting intentionally mean, as she was acting pretty sour as Caroline Bingley. ;))

Colin Morgan as Rilian - that's a really good one. I can totally picture that.

I'm still *cough*hopingforLiamNeesonasAslanthoughthatprobablywillnothappen*cough*

I'm familiar with Dev Patel from Slumdog Millionaire. Rabadash... no, I can't see that. :P Emeth is much more convincing. If I remember correctly, the actor had a quiet, soft-spoken role in the aforementioned film, so I can really picture him as Emeth. For HHB, I'm thinking that they might collaborate with Bollywood actors/actresses who are less mainstream in the Hindi film industry (like those they picked for Life of Pi).
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Brady TIH Narnia » Mar 19, 2013 11:38 am

Mountie~ Yes it is a little hard to picture her being menacing after seeing her as Miss Pond for so long! i have seen a glimpse of potential when she is mad at Rory in Dinosaurs on a Spaceship and the Doctor in The Angels Take Manhattan (seriously how can she be manage to be mad at the Doctor?!), i think she would make a very fun, likable witch ;)
Thor "Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and my brother!" Black Widow "he killed 80 people in 2 days" Thor "he's adopted"
Brady TIH Narnia
NarniaWeb Newbie

Location: Southern California, United States of Awesome! ish.

PreviousNext