This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Lion Awakes (upcoming film)

C. S. Lewis, his worlds, and his faith.

Moderators: coracle, Lady Arwen

Re: The Lion Awakes (upcoming film)

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 04, 2012 6:22 pm

wolfloversk wrote:They need to know what they're doing yes, but being will known isn't always a characteristic of that. I think it'd be nice to see somebody unknown do both this movie and Narnia, so long as they are gifted. What's important to me is that they can do the job, and do it well, not how much PR or even experience they have. Although experience would be nice, but if there's an undiscovered artist out there who can do just as good a job if not better, I say why not? Unlikely, perhaps, but not impossible ;)

I don't think that they should go out of their way to get someone famous (quite the contrary), I just don't think they should go out of their way to get an unknown, They need to get someone that is talented. If you get someone that's good at their job, then they should be able to make a good film regardless (which is why I think Pixar could be interesting). Of course they need to respect the source material--but that's part of being a good professional. :)
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fantasia » Aug 27, 2012 10:40 am

I've noticed that the news on this film has suddenly become really quiet. I'm wondering if that means that they got someone on the team that made all of the producers zip their lips? :-$ Or if things have fallen apart behind the scenes and there's nothing to report.

Has anyone heard anything recently at all?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby daughter of the King » Aug 28, 2012 6:46 am

I haven't heard anything for a few months now. I had almost entirely forgotten about the movie. This could either be good, or very bad. I think the producers being a little more tight-lipped about the production is a wise idea, but no news at all is a bit troubling.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Aug 28, 2012 7:04 am

The production team has not updated the official Facebook page since July, and nothing has changed on the official website either.

As said, production could have fallen apart with no news about it. This actually happens quite a lot with movies.

Kind of weird, though not important, I had some weird dream earlier this summer that production for The Lion Awakes was cancelled.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Aslanisthebest » Aug 28, 2012 11:10 am

I had almost forgotten about the film, as well. Now it does strike me as unusual that we have not heard any news yet. I hope that it's because they can't reveal so much at this point? It would be pretty disappointing if the production shut down. I wish they'd inform everyone if that's the case.
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Eustace » Nov 01, 2012 3:31 pm

I really want this film to be done well. I am not sure whether or not to believe that it will yet or not. :) The Shadowlands portrayed C.S. Lewis kind of in only one way and even then did not get all the facts right. I would love to see a movie that got all the facts right and did not just focus on C.S. Lewis as one thing.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby queenviolet » Jan 03, 2013 7:53 pm

I am soooo ecitede my mum already promised me I could go when it comes out!!!!!!!! I saw the "trailer" on youtube and the cover art and I fell in love with it. (Now its my laptop backround.) :x :x :x :x :x :ymblushing: :ymblushing:
queenviolet
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Glumpuddle » Jan 09, 2013 8:54 pm

They were supposed to start shooting last year, and we have heard nothing. The Facebook page has disappeared now. Is this movie actually going to get made? Looking doubtful.
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby Aslanisthebest » Jan 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Wow, the Facebook page disappeared? I didn't notice that. Yeah, suddenly all of the news, even the cryptic "We have lots of stuff to tell you guys!" occasional status updates have disappeared. It's a pity; I was looking forward to see just what they were doing. I'm hoping that they're just keeping quiet at this point.
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jan 10, 2013 6:00 pm

If the Facebook page has been taken down, at least the official website and Twitter are still up and running... possibly. A recent tweet from about two days ago says:

We haven't heard anything about the production, from the production, in nearly a year.

Not sounding too optimistic there. Well, if somebody wants to make contact with Three Agree Films, it doesn't look like we'll get a movie at all, if not within a few years.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Eustace » Jan 22, 2013 5:14 pm

I just remembered but a few years ago, there was an April Fools' joke on Narnia Fans about a C.S. Lewis and J.R.R Tolkien movie about their lives. I am just wondering are they going to take all the fans jokes and put them in movies? (I am not saying I am against, I am just wondering.)
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jul 14, 2013 5:12 pm

I think it's safe to say production for The Lion Awakes has fallen apart. I have not been able to find any updates on production as of late. Has anybody else heard of anything?
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby mm1991 » Sep 19, 2013 4:06 pm

The wordpress blog "Lewis Minute" claims it has an official word that production has stopped but has no source or story as of yet as to how he got this information.
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby johobbit » Oct 04, 2013 6:20 pm

We have had confirmation that the production of The Lion Awakes as an individual feature film is no longer taking place. I was very curious to see how the movie would have turned out, so am somewhat disappointed. Ah well, we now have The Silver Chair to concentrate on. :)
johobbit

Previous