This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Pottermore!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Pottermore!

Postby Lady Haleth » Jul 16, 2012 2:18 pm

So far I've lost the only duels I've been in with another house. But I probably will practice more to win points, since my Potions skills are about on a level with Neville's.
Has anyone else done the de-gnoming yet? My personal record is six, though the last time I didn't get any because all my gnomes kept flying in the opposite direction and falling in the pond. Maybe I'll turn one into a Christmas tree angel :p
The glory of God is man fully alive--St. Iraneus
Salvation is a fire in the midnight of the soul-Switchfoot
Lady Haleth
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DamselJillPole » Jul 26, 2012 8:17 pm

I've recently started playing Pottermore. Last time I played it I was put in Hufflepuff and doing the first spell is really hard. I haven't continued in the game while still trying to figure out that spell.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Haleth » Jul 27, 2012 7:13 am

I finally made an antidote to common poisons! :)
The glory of God is man fully alive--St. Iraneus
Salvation is a fire in the midnight of the soul-Switchfoot
Lady Haleth
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Princess Anna » Nov 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Wow, it's been ages since anyone posted in here! :-o

So, has anyone been playing still? Personally, I took a break for a few months (I think... if that). But I'm back on now, and in book 2. One problem...

I can't figure out how to get into the Slytherin Common Room!

Anybody have any ideas or tips? I'd sure appreciate the help! In other news, now I think I know how the Hufflepuffs felt a few months ago. :p (Ravenclaws are currently in 4th place :ymblushing: )
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus
the Resident Troublemaker

Postby IloveFauns » Nov 06, 2012 4:47 pm

I haven't played for months either, I might have a go next week sometime, I don't think I remember my account name or password, My account name is in the thread so I can find that.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby shastastwin » Nov 06, 2012 6:25 pm

PrincessAnna wrote:I can't figure out how to get into the Slytherin Common Room!

Anybody have any ideas or tips?

I had the same trouble. If you aren't a Slytherin, you have to make Polyjuice Potion (yes, actually BREW the stuff). 8-| Three of the ingredients have to be found within the moments. I suggest using this site to help you with that. There's also another potion that you have to brew in order to make some of the ingredients appear. *Sigh*

I suggest we all start practicing our potions making. I feel like I would have been much better at this in real life than I am in the games.

I'm still enjoying the new stuff from Rowling, and finding things within the moments, but overall I'm still less than thrilled with the site because it isn't quite as interactive with the books as I first thought it would be and honestly, I don't think the games are that great.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Princess Anna » Nov 08, 2012 4:16 pm

Thanks for the information, Smalls! :)

I could be wrong, but I think the next House Cup will be awarded soon. Guess we should all get busy, if we want our respective houses to do well! (Fellow, 'Claws? That goes double for us... we're in last place!)
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Nov 08, 2012 5:16 pm

I am having a terrible time brewing polyjuice potion ;)). . . Where's Hermione when you need her? :P
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Princess Anna » Nov 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Digsy, were you still having trouble with that potion? Because we could form a study group, if you wish. (I successfully managed to make it. no cauldrons blew up or anything! :D ) So, yeah... ;))

I hope they open book 3 soon... or add more stuff to the first two books. I finished book 2 this afternoon. I guess now all my time on the site will go towards trying to get more points for the House Cup! :ymsigh:

Not a bad idea, I suppose... our house needs all the help it can get! :p
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Nov 10, 2012 4:14 pm

I haven't finished it as of yet. . . but that's because I haven't tried again yet ;))
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby parableproductions » Nov 11, 2012 6:28 am

well - I just signed up for Pottermore. I was sorted into Hufflepuff.

I gotta say that I really only signed up to read the extra stuff from Rowling - I don't really like the game part and will probably only do the gaming that is necessary to advance to the next chapter.
parableproductions
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Princess Anna » Nov 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Welcome to Hufflepuff, parableproductions! That brings the Nweb Puff total to 2! :) (EtJ is the other)

I don't know how many of you know, but on November 21st, the 2nd House Cup was awarded. I won't give numbers unless you are curious, but the end result was:
Winner: Gryffindor
2nd: Slytherin
3rd: Hufflepuff
4th: Ravenclaw

I remember thinking "Now I know how the Puff's felt last time!" ;))

And the top two currently are quite interesting, if you ask me... Hufflepuff is in the lead, with my Claws in second! (followed by Slytherin and then Gryffindor) Keep doing well, everyone! :)
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby parableproductions » Dec 03, 2012 8:26 pm

thanks Princess Anna!

DigoryKirke - I'm having problems with the polyjuice potion as well - it looks like I have plenty of time - I'm stirring in the right direction and then it tells me that I failed (I don't know what the exact message is - but that's what it means). It's very frustrating, because I really just want to read the extra content and I'm stuck there.
Further up and further in!!
parableproductions
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 04, 2012 12:07 am

I haven't finished the 2nd book yet because i left the site for sometime, any idea when prisoner of azkaban will be out?

I had trouble with than gnome throwing thing.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby parableproductions » Dec 04, 2012 8:42 pm

oh - I hated the gnome throwing - it took me a while too. Half the time they'd just go straight up in the air. I had several that I managed to get over the hedge, but just barely - fortunately that counts.
Further up and further in!!
parableproductions
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Indeed I had the same problem they would always fly into the air, I finally got the hang of it though which was good.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

PreviousNext