This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

PC Susan/Caspian "Goodbye" WP

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

PC Susan/Caspian "Goodbye" WP

Postby AslansChild » Sep 01, 2012 8:53 pm

I made this wallpaper today and wanted to share it. I'm not really sure how it came about, I was just messing around in GIMP and it just...came to be. :)

And I'm not really going to say it's "Suspian", but it's certainly got Susan & Caspian in it. :) So, sorry if that bothers some.

(Can't really change what's already been filmed, so why rant about it... :-\ )

EDIT: Here are two more versions, credit for #2 goes to Quinlin for the suggestion. :)

Dimensions are 1600 x 900

Base image from: http://costumes.narniaweb.com/

Any may use, no permission needed.

C&CC liked, if you like. :)

AslansChild
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: PC Susan/Caspian "Goodbye" WP

Postby Quinlin » Sep 02, 2012 1:13 pm

This has a very neat effect, AslansChild; almost as if you just actually painted the outlines of both of them. I like how Susan's features really stand out against the white background and how we can only see a bit of Caspian's profile from the side. He is a little hard to decipher, but since Susan's gaze is turned right towards him, I can see it better based on her perspective. The simple word "Goodbye" over the faded lyrics from The Call is perfect as well since that is the song that plays in the end and helps to describe this moment. I wonder how it would look over a slightly warmer background than the white, maybe something more cream colored, but I think you did a great job on it! :) Thanks for sharing!
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub

Postby AslansChild » Sep 02, 2012 8:03 pm

Thanks very much for the feedback Quinlin. I noticed a few minor glitches in the image, so I'll be making some minute adjustments. I'll also try what you suggested and make it a bit more cream colored. I'll add the second version when I've finished. :) Thanks again for stopping by! :)
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby AslansChild » Sep 07, 2012 8:27 am

Okay, fixed it! Although, now that I look at it, it's really not very yellow at all. /:) I tried a different texture though on the middle one.
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Quinlin » Sep 12, 2012 12:52 pm

It's great to see that you uploaded a few other versions and I do really like the second one, AslansChild! That little bit of cream textured background creates an interesting vintage effect and I think helps the outlines of the image stand out. It looks almost as if the picture is imprinted on an old piece of paper or scroll, which makes it very Narnian. The rest of the lyrics also blend into the background very smoothly under the words "Goodbye". I think the last one looks great too though, with just the simple colored background and it really gives Susan a nice color to her face.

Thanks for taking the time to create a couple more, AslansChild; I really enjoyed the whole theme and I think they're all lovely! :)
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub