This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Library

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Library

Postby Ryadian » Aug 29, 2012 9:47 am

I imagine it is kind of "fun" trying to catch up right now. :P (Though it has slowed back down a little. :) ) Looking forward to seeing what you come up with when you're done! :P :)

Okay, now that I don't have anything to post until I hear from collaborators, I've found a new way to channel all this Ditto Story writing--I've started working on the Index again. ;) Right now, I'm working on a "species" index, since we have a lot of them running around, and some of them aren't typical (like, for example, our vampires being rather different ;) ). The thing is, I'm having trouble thinking of all the species we have running around at the moment. :P

Basically, at the moment, this is what I have:

Dray
    Dwarves
    Elves
    Enigma
    Fairy dragons
    Gargoyles
    Merfolk
    Phoenix
    Talking animals
    Unicorns
    Vampires

If anyone remembers any more, please remind me. :P :) These are basically the ones I could think of off the top of my head....
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby Varnafinde » Aug 29, 2012 11:25 am

Any humans at all? ;)

Wasn't there a star person of some sort at one point as well? I think she was introduced to Abby at about the same time as Varna, back in book 6 - I don't know whether she has been around later, though.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby stargazer » Aug 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Don't forget humans and hobbits.

We also have a variety of sentient animals like Emily the Raccoon and Bob Saget as well as leuth's birds. His leuthilalda plant as well.

You're right, Varna, a character named Chava met the gargoyles back in Story 6. She was from a star and was written by Violet Vale.

Jints had a pixie character named Chica at about the same time, and she made a cameo appearance at Molly's hatching.

GreenLady76 had a fairy named Lark.

Here's a link to the old Census Bureau opened by MissPole back in 2004. Sure brings back a few memories!
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Silvan_Haven » Aug 30, 2012 6:22 pm

My plot has introduced at least two Toa, a Vortix and a Matoran among the Kin refugees.

The total amount of people in that group is somewhere between eight and twelve with a bunch of diferent species in there. I know that not a whole bunch of people are farmiler with Bionicle so if you need me to explain what those species are then just ask.
"The road the hell is paved with good intentions.

Heh,

So is the read to Heaven."
Silvan_Haven
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Ryadian » Sep 03, 2012 11:12 am

Going straight to the bios... what a brilliant idea. :P :ymblushing: Thanks for the reminders--I can't believe I forgot all of those! :ymblushing: (How did I miss hobbits??) Oh well. Anyways, here's hoping I have it finished sometime this decade. :P
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby Aravanna » Sep 03, 2012 11:02 pm

Varna wrote:And in a different universe, you withdrew your one-off joke on 2nd April, and nothing of all this was ever written

Bwa ha ha! Nice Varna! Although that's a much poorer universe in my opinion.

Okay, I'm all caught up and I've posted a segment I already had written. Hopefully it will have the effect of advancing the "evil" universe's plot and not killing it stone dead. I think this is the universe where 'gazer's characters are dead and shastastwin's characters are elsewhere... so not a lot else is going on.

Anyways, Varna I loved your London segment! It's clear you did a lot of research for it, in addition to actually knowing the city for yourself. And I thought the juxtaposition between reality and the alternate reality you created was very powerful!

'gazer, I chuckled at your "fifth reality" (that sounds like a band.) But I'm not going to touch that one. I already have enough to do keeping track of four Ericas and Alexs.

And poor Shadow. Completely forgotten. ;) And Rya, I'll try and write a response to your new segment this week, although no guarantees since I'm probably going to be fairly busy.

And starkat, you can do it. :D Just keep thinking about how uncomfortable that wet noodle will be. ;)
Aravanna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Varnafinde » Sep 04, 2012 11:53 pm

Aravanna wrote:
Varna wrote:And in a different universe, you withdrew your one-off joke on 2nd April, and nothing of all this was ever written

Bwa ha ha! Nice Varna! Although that's a much poorer universe in my opinion.

A very much poorer one. :( Glad we're not living in it. :|

I'll have Varna staying in London until things are more stable in Ditto Town again - I don't really want her to be mixed up in the different universe versions there.

I don't think she'll see any more of the alternate London universe either - I guess they are close enough to each other for the connection to snap open and shut again only for that one day, and my plot arch for her (what little there is of it, but stargazer can expect a PM when I get around to it ;) ) is only in the main universe anyway.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby stargazer » Sep 07, 2012 2:03 pm

Fifth reality...the band. I like it. :) Maybe there'll be a little reference to that upcoming?

Nice addition, Aravanna...great to advance those alternate universe plots (I hope to do so with another segment soon). Alas, my participation in the 'evil' universe is kind of limited as I killed off my characters. :ymblushing:

Glad we're not living in it.

Ditto! This is proving to be a lot of fun! It's also given me avenues to explore my characters that I might not have gone down otherwise.

Ryadian wrote:stargazer--man, you're being so mean to poor Abby in that universe.

Not sure what you'll think of my next post in that universe, then. ;) Stay tuned...

I didn't originally intend this way, but it's sort of boiled down to 2 favorable universes for my characters (the original, and the Max-verse) and 2 unfavorable ones. Kind of keeps things in balance, I suppose...and corresponds to the fate of the Emporium in each 'verse.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Sonny » Oct 10, 2012 11:38 am

{edited} I'M BAAAAACK! I finished reading the story and now I'm going through the library. I hope to be caught up by the end of the week. I am already imagining how Loren and Eliana will react to this split. Still got to figure out how my original idea can involve 4 realities. Wow, I can see some really interesting combinations here...

Gazer, I got your PM but have been really busy, and honestly, a bit overwhelmed with trying to catch up. I'll message you when I've recuperated.
Sonny
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Sonny » Oct 17, 2012 9:06 am

And Loren and Eliana encounter the reality split! This is going to be really fun... Be warned of plot twists! (Approved by Gazer himself)
Sonny
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby stargazer » Oct 17, 2012 2:49 pm

Love the new posts, leuth and Sonny! I'm looking forward to reading more of this story arc from each of you, and writing cooperatively too!

Also love the little plot twist, Sonny little Amelia

My muse gave me an idea for this year's NaNo story that also involves these 4 realities. It really won't affect the Ditto Story for a couple reasons: I'm limiting my characters' interaction with other writers' characters (that is, they'll be interacting primarily with their own alternates), and because the story is set some 20 years after this story (the main difference being more kiddies for Erik and Abby ;)) ).
stargazer

Postby leuthilalda » Oct 18, 2012 4:25 am

Definitely a neat plot twist, Sonny
Hail, Cameron Rhodes. May you always have the best mushrooms in the Shire, and keep a sharp watch out in service to King Peter.
Narniaweb Chamber Orchestra
Neutralist Party.
Defender of the Order of the Cricket
leuthilalda
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby starkat » Oct 19, 2012 8:14 pm

I am still working on catching up. Sorry guys. Real life and random excuses keep getting in the way.

However... I did post a segment of my own. Technically it's outside the current framework, but I do want to start bringing my characters back. Currently Ryder and Lianna are somewhere in town. Katherine will be on her way back shortly. *hides from Ryadian when she reads the segment posted*

If anyone can help me get back into the swing of things it would be greatly appreciated. I am temporarily writing Gwanuig out for the moment. Also, I currently don't plan on writing more than one reality at a time. Hence the not so new character.
starkat

Postby stargazer » Oct 21, 2012 11:07 pm

Very nicely-written segment, kat. I liked the appearance of future Verena and her explanation of current events.

You're welcome to PM me with any questions and I'll do my best to help. And should Katherine come to the Emporium any info she has would be of great interest to Erik and Abby.
stargazer

Postby starkat » Oct 22, 2012 5:55 am

Sounds good. I figured that giving a character or a couple of them the ability to shift between realities might make for an interesting twist. I may send them to the Emporium first.

Edit: My next segment's up. If anyone wants my characters to drop into their storyline, please let me know. Will see about getting something up to reintroduce Lianna and Ryder shortly.
starkat

Postby Sonny » Oct 23, 2012 1:10 pm

STARKAT! I totally loved your posts, and also how this ties in so well with our last colab segment (remember, when Olivia is at the de Honds?) And yay for her getting her abilities back! I was always sad that the bond was broken. To me, that was the biggest loss.
Sonny
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext