This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Narnian Jewelry

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: Narnian Jewelry

Postby Adeona » Oct 27, 2010 1:32 pm

When I saw this pendant on Etsy, I right away imagined Lucy finding this at a shop in our world and wearing it everywhere...

Is that kinda what you are looking for, too, StBrianofMinneapolis?
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby RoseRed » Nov 07, 2010 2:55 am

what a lovely thread! :D I'm always on the look out for vaguely narnian-themed jewellery, I'll post here if I find any :)
you're quite right adeona that does look very narnian, that's and interesting thought as well, I like to think lucy always kept an eye open for lion themed jewellery too ;)
Grief for the movies made me abandon narniaweb...but I'm so glad to be back!
Many thanks to the wonderful Lady Eowyn for making my sig/av.
RoseRed
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby susanpevensierox » Nov 10, 2010 4:55 pm

KJane wrote:Would it be ok to share a picture of the version of Queen Susan's coronation crown that I constructed?
Queen Susan Crown.pdf

I love that replica! It looks almost like the real one! :D
susanpevensierox
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby jesus_girl2016 » Nov 16, 2010 9:00 pm

I met a lady recently who does bead-sewing and she had a beautiful, absolutely beautiful, necklace that I thought would be PERFECT for a grown up Susan, maybe when she went to Calormen. It was gorgeous! (sorry, I don't think I have any pictures :( )
jesus_girl2016
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 23, 2012 8:25 am

I've been thinking about this topic again recently. I was inspired by seeing a neat pair of earrings for another fandom...

I don't think I've seen anything that really screams Narnia! in the earring department. So, how overtly fannish would you go with earrings? Would you like small lions? Lamp-posts? Miniature books? Would you want a matched set of some sort?
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby SummerSnow » Jul 23, 2012 4:13 pm

The lamp post earrings sound really cute. I also think Dawn Treader earrings and a pair of little Wardrobe earrings would be nice.
I think my favorite pair of earrings would be a pair that had Aravis and Hwin on one earring and Shasta and Bree on the other.
My lovely avatar was made by Valia!
SummerSnow
NarniaWeb Junkie
The WC Submersible Subterfuge Sub

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 28, 2012 5:45 pm

I would feel most of those things to be too fannish for earrings - miniature books would be the furthest I would go ;)
I prefer stones or pearls for earrings. Is there a special kind of stone that would seem very Narnian?

Those other items could be very nice for pendants, though. Perhaps a lamp-post ...
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 30, 2012 10:42 pm

I think it would be so cool to have some kind of Narnian Charm Bracelet. Especially the kind of charms that have golden little pieces dangling from them, in the shape of things.

I would have an Aslan one, and one for each of the Friends of Narnia, some of the more famous props like the Lamp Post or Gifts to the Pevensies. And maybe some of the animal friends too. :)

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Adeona » Jul 31, 2012 7:02 pm

SummerSnow, I love the idea for HHB earrings - they'd have to be super detailed, though. In other words, expensive. :p Small lion earrings might be more accessible but still a very Narnian motif.

This is the most Narnian looking necklace I've ever seen - a heirloom Victorian era (?) wedding necklace. So beautiful.
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby ValiantArcher » Sep 01, 2012 9:02 am

That is gorgeous, Adeona! Who do you think would wear it? :)

I was trying to think of something you could do for earrings that would be overtly Narnian---a lot of the ideas that have been mentioned are great, but are more subtle. I suppose the Wardrobe and the Dawn Treader earrings SummerSnow mentioned are a little more overt. ;)) Lamppost earrings, or little silver chairs might be kind of distinctive as well. Otherwise, unless you did book covers or got really, really detailed, I'm not sure what sort of Narnian "symbols" you could use that would stand out completely. :)
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby MountainFireflower » Sep 01, 2012 11:36 am

That necklace is indeed gorgeous, Adeona. Very Narnian, indeed.

Lamppost earrings would be fantastic, Valia. They're more subtle, yes, but I think most people would be able to tell. I want a pair. ;))

You could possibly do a lion emblem, but unless you were skilled in that area, that would be really hard to recreate, I think. O.o

(I can't resist a well-timed Veggie Tales reference: "You are a skilled metal-worker." :p)

Ithilwen wrote:I think it would be so cool to have some kind of Narnian Charm Bracelet.

It would be! You might know this already, but they made Narnia charm bracelets for both LWW and PC. I own the LWW one. It's one of my favorite things that I own, but I have a hard time bringing myself to wear it because it's so delicate and lovely. ;))

Varnafinde wrote:Is there a special kind of stone that would seem very Narnian?

Hmm, good question. Pearls and emeralds come to mind, but not really for any specific reason. Rubies or garnets could work, since I've always seen Narnia's iconic color as a deep, beautiful red.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Anfinwen » Sep 01, 2012 3:10 pm

MountainFireflower wrote:You could possibly do a lion emblem, but unless you were skilled in that area, that would be really hard to recreate, I think. O.o

I didn't make this, and it isn't an earring. It's actually a tie tac, but I think it looks Narnian. I occasionally used it playing dress-up. The image shows its actual size.
I found it several years ago when my cousin and I were looking at all my grandfather's old tie tacs. My cousin found (and claimed and probably lost X( ) a tiny gold mouse that she named Reepicheep. The mouse was about 5/8" long and had a tail made out of mesh chain that was maybe 7/8". I think either the lion or the mouse would make darling earrings.
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ValiantArcher » Sep 01, 2012 3:51 pm

;)) Well, if you come across or make a pair of lamppost earrings, I hope you'll share pictures, Mountie.

Oh, that's so neat, The Lady Arwen Undómiel! It does look very Narnian. :D The mouse tie tac sounds very neat as well, and it's too bad it's probably lost now. :( I'm guessing it'd be pretty hard to find any sort of replacement---I haven't ever actually seen any tie tacs around (though I haven't particularly looked).

Do you all think any of the Narnian characters would wear broaches? I'm sure there could be some very Narnian ones, but I'm having a hard time picturing anyone actually wearing them. That's probably because I can never figure out how to wear broaches/pins, though. ;))
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby Meltintalle » Sep 02, 2012 12:50 pm

That's lovely, Lady Arwen Undómiel! It has a similar shape to the coronation brooches in the movie (which I'm sure you already know). :) The mouse sounds lovely as well, much nicer than the cartoonish mice pins (which were larger in size) my grandmother has worn.

Valia, I sort of think anyone who wears a cloak in Narnia would have some sort of broach. But that reminds me that I was going to try and design a cloak pin that a marshwiggle might have made/worn... Ideas for gloomy and impending disasterish designs are welcome. :p
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby ValiantArcher » Sep 02, 2012 3:12 pm

Oh, of course, silly me! Cloak pins! :ymblushing: I guess I kept thinking they could fasten their cloaks with buttons and loops or chains. ;))
A marshwiggle cloak pin would be great! Hmm, impending disasters...a storm cloud? A lightning blot? A hail storm? A flood? A swarm of marsh flies? ;)) Perhaps some sort of marsh wildlife/plant would be a better bet. Maybe some droopy cattails or a squirmy eel or something? Then again, who knows---I wouldn't be at all surprised if Puddleglum had a worn and beat up lion's head cloak pin. :)
(By the way, surprised at all to see a whole four posts yesterday? ;) )

Thinking of cloak pins, what sort do you all think Jill and Eustace would've had from Cair Paravel? :)
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby Adeona » Sep 19, 2012 7:52 pm

ValiantArcher wrote:That is gorgeous, Adeona! Who do you think would wear it? :)

If the green stones were aquamarines instead, I'd say Queen Ramda. Otherwise, Queen Susan, circa HHB.

Cloak pins? Valia, I love your Marshwiggle ideas! I think a storm cloud with rain would be most appropriate, because of the double meaning. Marshwiggles being "Wet blankets" and dampening to the most cheerful of persons. :) But the Lion's head would indeed be best for Puddleglum, personally.

Lady Arwen Undómiel, I love that lion pin!
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext