Closing Ceremonies for the 1st Ever NarniaWeb Tournament!

Enjoy games and blogs with other NarniaWebbers.

Moderator: ValiantArcher

Re: Closing Ceremonies for the 1st Ever NarniaWeb Tournament!

Postby Adeona » Aug 02, 2012 1:17 am

Well, that was indeed a noble competition. Despite the fact that the Dragons lost, I enjoyed myself mightily and have deep respect for our opponents, the victorious Lions. :ymapplause: I shall look forward to facing you again in the future!
*leans in to grab a lion-cookie* *toasts lion-cookie with dragonflame*

Movie Aristotle, thank you so much for the avis! Very nice. As you can see, I am using mine.

I think three cheers are in order for our stately and hard-working Marshals of the Lists:
Hip! Hip! Hooray!!
And many thanks!

*ladles out strong Island punch for all*
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby NarnianMonkey » Aug 02, 2012 9:00 am

Movie Aristotle wrote:NarnianMonkey, before you undecorate, may I sail to your land to see your castle in all its splendor? I'm particularly interested in seeing your training course. :)

Sure, but I decorated the whole place with bananas. I also changed the training course to have some banana peels to avoid, but that's just about all I did there.
I'm the brother of Dinode and UltimateSchweetWarrior.

I've met fantasia_kitty, starkat, and daughter of the King, all of whom are a mod or admin.

...is the member chat broken, or is that just me...?
NarnianMonkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Location: Somewhere in Narnia with a lot of other monkeys, as well as an eternally-bouncing ball

Postby stargazer » Aug 02, 2012 3:42 pm

Kudos to the Marshals for all their hard work in this tournament! :ymapplause:

To my fellow Lions, well done, and to the Dragons, cheers for your noble competition.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Eustace » Aug 02, 2012 5:47 pm

Although we lost, I want to congratulate the Lions and thank the moderators for setting up this contest. I enjoyed it very much and would like to be in another competition sometime in the future. I really had fun. :)
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Nellie of Narnia » Aug 03, 2012 2:25 pm

Well, it's over. But that was a very fun July! Although I didn't get a lot of points for my team, I did get some, and I really enjoyed myself! As with you, Varnafinde, this competition has helped me get to know both NarniaWeb, and some of its members, better, and I'm thankful for both of these things.

Here's a big CONGRATULATIONS going out to my fellow Dancing Lawn Lions! And to the Lone Island Dragons, I congratulate all of you as well, for your noble effort.

To be quite honest, on the last night of the competition, I was off of NW by about 7:00 pm I think, and I was rather nervous that some of you Dragons would stay up until midnight posting madly, and end up overtaking us! :-s ;)) I didn't think this would happen, but anything's possible, and I didn't know for sure that this didn't happen until the results were posted on Wednesday around midday. As you can imagine, I was quite relieved when I found out that the Lions did win, after all! #:-s ;)) But I admire you Dragons for your hard work in posting; you weren't that far behind in the end, and anytime throughout the month, you guys could have caught up! (And from what I remember, y'all were ahead a number of times!) Sooo... GOOD JOB!

Thanks to all of the noble knights who participated, and made this forum so very much alive again! I do hope NW stays like this, and doesn't die down too much in the time to come. It's great to see!! :D And a huge THANK-YOU to our four dedicated Marshals of the Lists: DiGoRyKiRkE, ValiantArcher, Pattertwigs Pal, and malkah, for the time, effort, and care you put into this tournament. Everything was so well organized, and carried out, and the participants were kept so well informed. You guys were a huge part in making the tournament what it was, and I am so appreciative of all of your work! :ymapplause: :ymhug: :) (Thank-you to the other mods who helped out along the way as well. I'm sure the competition wouldn't have gone nearly as smoothly without all of your efforts! :ymapplause: )

I hope to be involved in another tournament sometime in the future, but, until then, I look forward to participating in more of the awesome discussions and games here on the wonderful NarniaWeb! :)

Nellie out. ;))
"Polly knew at once that it was the Cabby's wife, fetched out of our world not by any tiresome magic rings, but quickly, simply and sweetly as a bird flies to its nest."
(The Magician's Nephew, Chapter 11)

Real life daughter to johobbit!
NW niece to ramagut.
NW Hobbit cousin to coracle.
Nellie of Narnia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Boy Scout » Aug 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Congrats to the lions for their hard work and extraordinary effort. It was a well fought battle and it is great to see you noble in your victory. Watch out next time, though! :P

And thank you, Movie Aristotle for the wonderful gift. Thank you to everyone else to, esspecially the mods, I wouldn't want to take your job in this for all the dragon-ish jewels in the world. :D :ymhug:
Packers=13 time Wrold Champs!

I'm not inactive, I'm just very, very, busy.
Boy Scout
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Melian_Maia » Aug 03, 2012 7:34 pm

Congrats on your victory, Lions! This was a great competition and you all did great. I'm going to ditto Boy Scout here, though... Next time beware. ;))

Also, a huge thanks to the Mods who organized this. It was bunches of fun and we're so glad that it happened. :)
Draco Dormien Nunquam Titillandus
Minion to Lady A and Booky ⎮ NW sister to Ela, Mountie, and Rose.
Braintriplet to Narnia_Fan12 and narnianerd
Team Hoodie! Secret Order of the Swoosh
Melian_Maia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DancingPrincesses » Aug 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Congratulations to the Lions! :ymapplause:

It was a ton of fun, thank you mods for setting this up, you guys did a really good job with the tallying, and keeping the score up to date, thanks! :ymapplause:

Congratulations to all my noble teammates! It was an honor to fight beside you. :ymhug:

My RL sibs are Adeona, Mars Aviator, Lizzle, NarnianCricket, and Andriel
DancingPrincesses
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby NarnianMonkey » Aug 07, 2012 12:56 pm

Congratulations to the Dancing Lawn Lions! You all did great. I can't wait for the next tournament!
I'm the brother of Dinode and UltimateSchweetWarrior.

I've met fantasia_kitty, starkat, and daughter of the King, all of whom are a mod or admin.

...is the member chat broken, or is that just me...?
NarnianMonkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Location: Somewhere in Narnia with a lot of other monkeys, as well as an eternally-bouncing ball

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Aug 08, 2012 8:47 am

YES!!!!!! good job, my fellow Lions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it has been a fun time!!!!!!!!!!!! :ymhug:
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Aug 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Thank you very much for making this such a memorable tournament! This closing ceremonies thread is now closed.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 235
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Previous