This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Filmmakers' Studio

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Video games

Postby darkhorseD » May 07, 2012 10:15 pm

ok, just to change the subject, I need some feedback on some videos I made for Kingdom Hearts, I would appreciate your input

Tick tock, tick tock
Goes the clock
Here comes your final hour

Best use it well
But remember yourselves
The worlds left in its wake
darkhorseD
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: The Filmmakers' Studio

Postby BowAndArrow » Jun 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Man, it's been so long since I've been on this forum. I try to come back to this thread every so often to see what's new though :)

Some of you old timers might remember Bashaw Productions - my brother and I have been making videos/films for years, learning and pushing towards a full fledged production company.

For school this past quarter we were both required to make music videos. If any of you are interested in checking some awesome bands (by some great christian friends I know), feel free to watch the videos! (There's plenty more where these come from).

Eighteen by UnNailed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTYAkXSbDG8

Beautiful Dream by Fever Fever
http://www.youtube.com/embed/J3mXuTCh74M

~Michael Bashaw

http://www.bashawproductions.com
"They know everything on NarniaWeb" - Ben Barnes
BowAndArrow
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby MinotaurforAslan » Jun 12, 2012 4:45 pm

BowAndArrow: Wow! Fantastic quality! I especially liked the "Beautiful Dream" video. You did a great job keeping all the subjects well lit while filming at nighttime. I enjoyed Eighteen by UnNailed as well (great color correction on that one). My only minor issue with it was some of the close-up shots of their faces were a little too close for my liking. :P

Well, here's my most recent film: a Calculus-themed CSI Parody that I directed, edited and produced for my calculus class at school. It was the biggest production I ever worked on, with more than a dozen people, but it was thrown together in literally 1 week so I didn't have time to do extra-fancy things. (The last two days were spent frantically editing! ;)) ) Still, I'm happy with how it came out given my constraints.

MinotaurforAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby BowAndArrow » Jun 13, 2012 7:18 am

Wow, AWESOME job on the Calculas video! Great music, mood and fast editing - it kept my attention. Are you interested in videomaking or filmmaking as a career? You should be :) If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the animated symbol graphics and such? Also, what editing program do you use? Great job!
BowAndArrow
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby MinotaurforAslan » Jun 13, 2012 5:41 pm

Thanks BowAndArrow! I am interested in filmmaking as a career, I plan to study mass communications in college. :) I got the animated graphics from www.youtube.com/SpaklesXD and I use Final Cut Express.

I checked out your YouTube channel and subscribed, you have some great stuff there. What program(s) do you use to edit?
MinotaurforAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby BowAndArrow » Jun 15, 2012 8:55 am

Thanks! It's a learning process - some of our YouTube stuff is 5 or 6 years old now haha :) I usually use Sony Vegas but have been using Adobe Premiere at school, which I love.
BowAndArrow
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby AslansChild » Jun 17, 2012 10:45 am

BowAndArrow: Are Sony Vegas & Adobe Premiere really complicated programs? I'm looking for a free Video program that's a step up from Windows Movie Maker, but not to mind boggling. I've downloaded Lightworks 10.0.4.2, but it's too difficult, I had no idea what the tutorial's were talking about. :ymblushing:

MinotaurforAslan: I really like you video, it's very very good! :ymapplause: What's Final Cut Express like?

BBC Pride & Prejudice/"The Call" by Regina Spektor

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/855/file31026.mp4/

Any c or cc (the good, the bad, or the ugly! :p ) much appreciated.

AslansChild
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby BowAndArrow » Jun 17, 2012 11:09 am

Hey Aslans Child,

Premiere and the pro version of Vegas can both be used for professional work.

If you're looking for a step up from Windows Movie Maker, I recommend the Home version of Sony Vegas (or Studio, as they call it now) :) I used it after outgrowing Movie Maker five years ago, and it's excellent. It's not dumbed down at all and really makes you comfortable with video editing. It's very cheap too! I found version 9 on Amazon for 20 bucks. That version was released in 2010, so it's still very recent. I used version 6 to start with, and it's still great, except it doesn't work with HD video. Or you can always get the newest version (version 11) for 50 bucks or so.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Vegas-Movie-Studio-HD-Version/dp/B00488284Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339956360&sr=8-1&keywords=vegas+movie+studio+hd+9
BowAndArrow
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby darkhorseD » Jun 17, 2012 8:52 pm

why don't you use VideoPad Video Editor, its simple, but its way better than Windows Movie Maker
Tick tock, tick tock
Goes the clock
Here comes your final hour

Best use it well
But remember yourselves
The worlds left in its wake
darkhorseD
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby AslansChild » Jun 18, 2012 10:22 am

BowAndArrow wrote:If you're looking for a step up from Windows Movie Maker, I recommend the Home version of Sony Vegas

Thanks BowAndArrow. It sounds really nice, but I was looking for something more in the free price range. ymwhisle ;)) Do they have a demo or trail version?

darkhorseD: Sounds good, is this something you need to download or buy?
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Aug 02, 2012 6:27 pm

AslansChild they do have links where you can download a free version of Sony Vegas but it's a very hard process. I have Sony Vegas Studio version 11 and it is fantastic and worth every dollar and penny.

My recent video on youtube is a little mini story of a novel I've been working on for a while and I still don't want to give away any plots. Some scenes I got off youtube by using vdownloader so some scenes are a little chopped up.

Here's the link to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrBjUpyiw6s&list=UUJYc33n6v2G-iDLvnQedwFw&index=1&feature=plcp
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby AslansChild » Aug 02, 2012 7:15 pm

darkhorseD wrote:why don't you use VideoPad Video Editor, its simple, but its way better than Windows Movie Maker

darkhorseD I just got VideoPad recently, it's really nice. Very simple to understand, you don't need to be a brain surgeon to use it. :)

DamselJillPole Thanks for your input, I guess I'd just have to buy it sometime. :-?? Sounds like a good buy though! :)
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby BowAndArrow » Aug 10, 2012 12:52 pm

I agree :) Honestly, when we're talking about excellent video editing software, 10-20 bucks is next to nothing.
BowAndArrow
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby David West » Sep 03, 2013 12:28 pm

Here's my most recent short film, guys! I'd love to know what you think! Its an action-packed 15 minute short set in a dystopian near future. I wrote, directed, shot, and edited it myself on a Panasonic GH2 and Sony Vegas for a budget of less than $800.

Its somewhat violent, but not gratuitously so. Maybe a mild PG13 level. It also has a very explicitly Christian message. I hope you guys enjoy it! Let me know what you think! :)

Click here to watch the trailer!

The Pilgrim's Progress
A Feature Film by David Kirk West
Watch it FREE August 25th at PilgrimsProgressFilm.com!
David West
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby David West » Nov 25, 2013 5:34 pm

Hey guys! I made an entry for the Doritos "Crash the Superbowl" ad competition this year! Check below and if you like it, please vote on it by following the link at the bottom of this message!

Voting is just for fun right now, but in a week or so I'll find out if I've been selected as one of the top 20 semi-finalists and am eligible for the million dollar prize! If you want to vote on it, go here:

https://www.youtube.com/doritos?x=us-en ... se_12873_7
Click here to watch the trailer!

The Pilgrim's Progress
A Feature Film by David Kirk West
Watch it FREE August 25th at PilgrimsProgressFilm.com!
David West
NarniaWeb Regular

Previous