This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Library

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Library

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 17, 2012 9:37 am

I've started writing Varna's next segment (incorporating the important facts from those notes I haven't found - I'll put the rest into a later segment if it is at all interesting).

She's away from town, she's in England to buy more books, so she won't notice much of all this - or will she? ;)
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby stargazer » Jul 17, 2012 1:00 pm

I've sent you a summary PM, kat. :)

Varna, it's up to you whether (or to what extent) you'd like to have your character involved. Perhaps some minor change in London/UK that strikes her as odd? Or maybe she somehow catches a glimpse into one or more of the alternate 'verses?

But then, an ordinary trip to London sounds good too.

EDIT: In my latest post, ‘Max-Erik’ offers an explanation for the day’s events. This is just his guess, a hypothesis, and not necessarily what is really going on.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Silvan_Haven » Jul 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Does this possum happen to live right next to the fountain?
"The road the hell is paved with good intentions.

Heh,

So is the read to Heaven."
Silvan_Haven
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Aravanna » Jul 18, 2012 8:59 pm

Leuth, I loved your most recent post! I laughed. ;))

And 'gazer, the explanation 'Max-Erik' gave is basically what I envisioned, that each of our decisions makes a new universe branch off that is just slightly different than if we'd chosen the other way. That makes me think of something Lewis wrote: each of our decisions can only move us in one of two directions: closer to God or farther away from him. (In Mere Christianity maybe?

EDIT: In answer to your question Silvan_Haven, yes he does.
Aravanna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby leuthilalda » Jul 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Thanks, Aravanna :-)

And Silvan_Haven, Will lives much of the time in a hollow under the bush. At other times, he stays with some of my other characters at the Rescue Center a little ways out of town.

The bush has sort of the following characteristics: It has multicolored hard berries which glow. It often makes a humming sound (usually a chord). It is non-sentient, i.e. it does not have a soul. It would be equivalent to the awareness of a (non-talking) dog. It grows in a sort of hibernation until a sentient being takes refuge in, under, or by it. It then wakes up, and starts glowing and humming. It forms friendships with its guests, and their friends, and if it can sense danger to them, it can form a green force field around the area. This can stand massive amounts of energy, and in doing so becomes even stronger, although, as we saw earlier in the blast which came at the rescue center, the bush can be injured by overwhelming force.
Hail, Cameron Rhodes. May you always have the best mushrooms in the Shire, and keep a sharp watch out in service to King Peter.
Narniaweb Chamber Orchestra
Neutralist Party.
Defender of the Order of the Cricket
leuthilalda
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby shastastwin » Jul 19, 2012 9:00 am

I have a few thoughts on your latest post Gazer. It seems the 'verses are bleeding over more than we thought because I didn't mention hush puppies in the Max-verse. ;)) Also, can we assume that Erik will give a similar talk in the prime universe? Or will we see a post dealing with that?

Looks like the plot is thickening nicely. :)
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby stargazer » Jul 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Exactly right, shastastwin! Hope you don't mind that bit of poetic license.

As far as 'prime-Erik' discoursing about his theory, I was thinking of at least referencing it in another post - one in which the Emporium's getting pretty crowded. If I'm keeping track correctly, the guest list includes Ryadian's 2 characters, Aravanna's characters, Toby and Rose (who are quite welcome!), as well as your characters. It's a good thing Torla brought treats!

leuth, I also enjoyed your post! "brown in a 350 degree oven for a half hour". ;))
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Ryadian » Jul 19, 2012 4:13 pm

I just wanted to pop in quickly and say: I'm not caught up on the story right now because we have zero Internet at my house. (I'm stealing a little time on my sister's computer at her house. ;) ) So... yeah, sorry to all my collaborators, but I'm pretty much going to be out of commission until we fix that. :(

I'll try to catch up when we get Internet back, but I wanted to make sure everyone knows that's why I'm disappearing. ;)
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby Silvan_Haven » Jul 19, 2012 5:46 pm

Just let everybody know, most of the blast went upwards. It was only the edge of the explosion and it was coming out of the water. The main part of the fountain is fine if a bit empty.
"The road the hell is paved with good intentions.

Heh,

So is the read to Heaven."
Silvan_Haven
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 19, 2012 7:01 pm

My segment is coming together nicely - nearly done, and then needs the typing ;)

I also need to have a look at what colors you're all using - although I'm not quite sure that you all use them in the same way ...
Varnafinde

Postby stargazer » Jul 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Looking forward to it, Varna!

I don't think we're using matching colors. ;)) My regular blue, however, is for the prime (usual) universe.
stargazer

Postby shastastwin » Jul 20, 2012 5:56 am

I've been mostly using my typical colors (which are character-coordinated) in writing my segments. They have no bearing on which 'verse I write about. However, I'll likely use the breakdown of my last post to help mark them in the future. That is, a=prime, b=chaos, c=order, and d=evil although I won't necessarily use all four in every post from here on out. Even my insanity has its limits. ;))
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 20, 2012 7:49 am

Which of those four correspond to your three, stargazer? *is confused*

I need more time for my post, after all - I checked some historical facts and have got them wrong, so I need to rewrite.
And to see whether gargoyles are involved (yes, I found that possibility when checking historical facts :D )
Varnafinde

Postby stargazer » Jul 20, 2012 12:57 pm

You're right, Varna, there's a gargoyle clan in London that would know about the various North American clans (including the Silvermoon family).

Note that a number of my posts after April 1 continued in the blue color but actually occur in one of the alternate realities (the entire story arc in which Shannon Lewis returns Molly home).

My recent posts follow this color scheme: Prime, Chaos, Order, Evil

Like shastastwin, I reserve the right to vary this as needed for literary purposes. ;)
stargazer

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Is that the clan with Scottish connections - or is that a separate one again?

Now I need to study your posts and see which of those four I might have a chance to use ...
Varnafinde

Postby shastastwin » Jul 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Varna, I'm going to answer your question, and if I screw up I trust that stargazer will set me straight. ;)

The clan with Scottish connections is the Manhattan Clan (moved there in the 1990s along with the castle they called home). Erik is from that Clan, being the son of two characters from the show that spawned the franchise. Abby is from a Clan in Wyoming. The London Clan has certainly had dealings with the Manhattan Clan (as seen in the show), and I'm sure they could be said to have met gargoyles from the Grand Teton Clan (if that hasn't already been established).

For more gargoyle history, trivia and information, see here. :)
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

PreviousNext