The Wooded Cavern: HQ For The Dancing Lawn Lions!!!

Enjoy games and blogs with other NarniaWebbers.

Moderator: ValiantArcher

Re: The Wooded Cavern: HQ For The Dancing Lawn Lions!!!

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 17, 2012 6:33 pm

That helped me to post 6 new posts! :)
Thank you, Marshals of the Lists! :ymhug:
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Take note, noble warriors! You have been granted an extra week to earn points in Narnia & Christianity. Starting tomorrow, you can earn points in both Costumes and Cast & Character Discussion, as well as Narnia & Christianity.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 235
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby ValiantArcher » Jul 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Another announcement from the Marshalls!

As some of you may have noticed (or not), we have started to give bonuses in G&B. Some are awarded for creativity in particular posts and some are awarded randomly to general posts.

In addition, there will be a number of hidden or random bonuses that will be given out for posts in the other forums: Reading Group: The Screwtape Letters, Cast and Character Discussion, Costumes, and Narnia & Christianity. The more you post, the more likely it is that you will be awarded bonus points.
Keep moving forward.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 24, 2012 6:37 pm

ValiantArcher wrote:As some of you may have noticed (or not), we have started to give bonuses in G&B. Some are awarded for creativity in particular posts and some are awarded randomly to general posts.

Ah-HA. I did notice, in fact, and was about to go ask about it. ;)) Thanks for the heads up! :D
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Jul 25, 2012 7:42 am

Okay, apologies to my fellow Lions for my lack of posting the past week; I've had an enormous amount of real life work to do, and had to postpne all forms of fun. :( Thankfully, my workload should be lighter this week and I will be back to posting very long, long lectures. ;)

-Anne

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 27, 2012 7:43 am

I've been without net access (and even computer access) for the last three days. This is what I feared would happen in July, and what nearly kept me from joining the tournament!

Luckily it wasn't until now, and it might even be only those three days - we'll see what else happens. Back to posting, and perhaps catching some bonus points!
Varnafinde

Postby Nellie of Narnia » Jul 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Thanks for those helpful announcements, Marshalls! :) I am so impressed with, and I really appreciate all of the work you four are putting into this tournament. :ymapplause: Thank-you! :D

Dernhelm_of_Rohan and Varnafinde, I totally understand! It happens. Good to see you both back now! :) And, Dernhelm, did you have a good birthday? ;))

And now, my fellow lions, I want to share with you all a dream I had a few nights ago about this competition:

Well, in my dream, it wasn't a mere competition; it was a full-blown war! And the Dragons were waaaay far ahead of us Lions. :-o ;)) They had an army made up of these creatures who seemed to be a combination of toothpicks and goldfish ( :-\), and they multiplied by the second! The Dragons had taken some of us Lions captive as prisoners, and those of us taken were trying desperately to get free, but to no avail. Then I crossed into enemy territory to try to help free some of my fellow Lions. But then I was underwater, and when I tried to swim to the surface, I realized that the Dragons were holding me down! Almost unconscious, I pleaded for them to let me go, but they said in order to free me to go to the surface, they required a sacrifice on my part. So I gave them my fancy wristwatch. They accepted it, and gave me a high-speed boost to the water's surface, and I think I barely made it out alive. The next thing I remember was meeting this neutral creature called "If" and trying to get him to help our quickly-becoming-defeated army. I knew that he had some power or strategy that could help us Lions win the war (I don't know exactly what it was, though), but I woke up without finding out if he would agree to help us.

That was about all I remember, team. Crazy, eh? :p I wish I could post in the Dragons' Headquarters thread for them to visit our Headquarters and read this, but I can't. But I do hope some of them see this, because I think they'd like it since they're winning in the dream, and not in real life. ;))
"Polly knew at once that it was the Cabby's wife, fetched out of our world not by any tiresome magic rings, but quickly, simply and sweetly as a bird flies to its nest."
(The Magician's Nephew, Chapter 11)

Real life daughter to johobbit!
NW niece to ramagut.
NW Hobbit cousin to coracle.
Nellie of Narnia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Rather weird dream, Nellie - crazy, yes! :-o

And it's quite possible that some of the Dragons read it - I sometimes read their HQ thread. I'm careful not to post, though!
Varnafinde

Postby ValiantArcher » Jul 28, 2012 6:25 pm

Attention, noble Lions! I have an announcement regarding the remaining few days of the tournament. Remember, the tournament ends on Tuesday, the 31st of July.

Cast and Character Discussion, Narnia and Christianity, and Costumes will remain open for earning points with the same point standards as in the past week.
Posts in The Screwtape Letters Discussion Group will earn 20 points with the possibility of earning up to 30 points plus the daily bonus.
Posts in Games and Blogs will earn 10 points with the possibility of up to 20 points for creative posts.
Keep moving forward.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 30, 2012 4:19 pm

Noble Knights!

Welcome to the 11th hour! As you are probably well aware by now, tomorrow is the LAST day for you to earn points for your teams. As you know, points in G&B are worth 10 points throughout the duration of the day tomorrow! Points are also up for grabs in other sections across the forum post, post, POST! There are also those ever so intangible bonus points that still remain up for grabs!

This is the final stretch, and it's still anybody's game!

Good luck for the final day of competition!
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 235
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 31, 2012 4:53 pm

And in the 11th hour I lose my internet connection ... :(

Now that it's back, I just hope that it will continue working until the end of the tournament. If I suddenly disappear again, there may be technical reasons why ... :-s
Varnafinde

Postby stargazer » Jul 31, 2012 5:40 pm

I can relate, Varna! I had internet problems all day yesterday and much of today.

C'mon, Lions, let's finish strong! Only a few hours left.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 31, 2012 5:51 pm

Roughly four hours to go now, people! As stargazer said, let us finish strong. B-)

Ach! Sorry about your internet, guys; good to have you back. ;)
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 31, 2012 10:08 pm

And the new internet connection lasted me for the rest of the tournament, and allowed me to answer to Letters 2-12!

And even to play a couple of games more or less at the last minute :p

Edit:
I must have posted roughly three hundred posts this month - but at 937 posts, I'm STILL just a NarniaWeb Junkie :-o
Varnafinde

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 31, 2012 10:14 pm

Yay! :D Great job everyone! The Lions (and Dragons!) did an awesome job, and it sure was nice to see the forum hoppin'. :)

(Speaking on a personal level, I tripled my post count, and I think I posted exactly 400 times this month--well, not including this one. ;)) )
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Menelve » Jul 31, 2012 11:35 pm

Varna, just 63 more posts till the next rank! :)

I only posted a piddling amount of 96 posts this month (not including this one) but it was nice to finally hit 6700. (And 44 of those posts were over the 2 day period 30th and 31st. :-o )

GO LIONS!!!

~Anna
Menelve
NarniaWeb Zealot

PreviousNext