The Wooded Cavern: HQ For The Dancing Lawn Lions!!!

Enjoy games and blogs with other NarniaWebbers.

Moderator: ValiantArcher

Re: The Wooded Cavern: HQ For The Dancing Lawn Lions!!!

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 07, 2012 11:39 pm

Dernhelm_of_Rohan wrote:Ithilwen, I just want to let you know that your personal posting campaign has been of astounding size and quality. Way to go, girl! We all appreciate your work. :ymhug:

Oh, thank you very much! :)

The first week of July is now over, so I assume the competition is moving to a new board now? :)

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 08, 2012 11:51 am

I first read The Screwtape Letters many years ago - I'm now reading it again, and have read about a third of it. So there are many letters I could comment on ...
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Jul 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Whew! Done my posting for today... Or yesterday in my time zone. Hopefully some of the posts will get bonus points again. :)

Great job, everyone for how much work you're all doing, and an especial thanks to Badger for the you-know-what. ;)

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jul 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Greetings noble Lions,
Please note that the rules have changed in the Kevin Bacon game to require posting the person the game is trying to get back to. Failure to do so will result in a loss of points.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby stargazer » Jul 09, 2012 3:12 pm

The first week of July is now over, so I assume the competition is moving to a new board now?

That's correct! Talk About Narnia is the place to be this week, along with Screwtape and G&B.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jul 11, 2012 6:52 am

Dear Combattants!

The Marshals have been incredibly impressed with your sportsmanship, your honour, and your avid desire to prove yourselves to your team, and to this noble cause. We are doing our best to keep up with the posts and the points. Since this is our first year doing this, we are still trying to figure out a good system. We reserve the right to modify the point system as we see fit. For example, making the quote thread in the Screwtape Reading Group worth 5 points instead of 15.

We understand that you obviously want to get as many points for your team as you possibly can, and along those lines, we want to give you a gentle reminder that posts outside of the Games and Blogs section are based more on quality rather than quantity. Remember posts that are high in substance are awarded bonus points. Try not to only state your opinion but also to explain why you think the way you do.

Creating new topics can definitely be fun, but please make sure topics are thought and discussion provoking. The main thing to remember is that this competition is about reviving the forum with lively debates; not with cluttering threads that are meant for no other purpose than to earn points. Ideas such as favorite and least favorite can be combined into one thread. To make it easier on us, please don't ask us to unlock threads. If there is a worthwhile topic you would like to discuss and there isn't a thread open for it, go ahead and open it.

We hope that you will keep this in mind as you continue into this venture!

Sincerely:
DiGoRyKiRkE, Pattertwig's Pal, Malkah and ValiantArcher: Marshals of the Lists
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 11, 2012 12:36 pm

Understood, Pattertwig's Pal. Thanks for all the work the Marshals are putting into this; y'all are amazing! :D
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 11, 2012 3:28 pm

Wow. :ymapplause: It looks like everything is going splendidly, and that we are getting a good lead. Let's keep going! If we make enough points, we might be able to make it so the Dragons will never be able to get the lead back! \m/

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Unfortunately I lost my internet access last night after posting only a few posts :(
But today it's working fine again, so I got in some discussion posts. I haven't posted much in Screwtape Letters yet - that's something to turn to if there are few other things open, though.

And finally someone had got to a new page of The Counting Game :ymapplause: - and I found such a lovely flower to post for #497! :)

There is less gaming going on than there was the first days - we're aiming for more points, it seems ;)
I have learnt about a few good games this week, though, I might come back to some of them even in August.

And we need even more points to be sure the Dragons cannot catch up with us - we're only a third into the month yet, and they might have a great posting day some day soon too! So keep posting! :)
Varnafinde

Postby Nellie of Narnia » Jul 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Okay team, my busy week helping with the VBS at my church finished today, (aside from a culmination service this Sunday morning at church) so I'll be on NW more now. It was a REALLY great week. I enjoyed it VERY much!!

When last updated, the team scoreboards showed that we are over 1,400 points ahead of the (poor) Dragons! Way to go, my brave fellow Lions!! :ymapplause: Let's keep this lead, and even increase it, so they don't catch up!

Movie Aristotle wrote:For those of you who don't have The Screwtape Letters, get yourself a copy of the book, pronto! I'd be shocked if your local library didn't have a copy.

Even if you aren't a very big reader, the chapters are only 2-5 pages. Very easy to do a chapter or two per day.

Good to know, Movie Aristotle! Thanks! :) I'll keep that in mind if I can't find my audio version of Screwtape. Since I really am not a very big reader, it's nice to know that the chapters are quite short. ;))

Movie Aristotle, I meant to mention it earlier, but thanks for the avatars you made for each one on our team. That was very thoughtful of you. I was taking a look at them a while ago, and they look awesome! :ymapplause: :D I will definitely be using the one for me sometime this month. :)

By the way, Movie Aristotle, I like the roses you planted in our clover patch outside for wolfy's birthday. Very nice!

One more thing: I noticed that it was our very own Dernhelm_of_Rohan's birthday today! So, without further ado, I want to wish Dernhelm a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :ymapplause: :ymparty:
"Polly knew at once that it was the Cabby's wife, fetched out of our world not by any tiresome magic rings, but quickly, simply and sweetly as a bird flies to its nest."
(The Magician's Nephew, Chapter 11)

Real life daughter to johobbit!
NW niece to ramagut.
NW Hobbit cousin to coracle.
Nellie of Narnia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 14, 2012 6:02 am

Just a reminder that today is the LAST day to earn points by posting in the Talk About Narnia section of the forum. Starting at midnight, you can start earning points by posting in the Narnia and Christianity section.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 235
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jul 15, 2012 11:53 am

Well, I've made one post in Narnia & Christianity, and it's about as good as it will get, as I am terrible at theology, but I tried. :p

I will be stepping out of the contest for the rest of the week after today, because I will be on vacation until next Sunday around this time. I'll be sure to have fun though!

Good luck this week, fellow Lions!
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Jul 16, 2012 7:42 am

*climbs off a ladder, streamers statically clinging to her hair*

Well, my good fellows, I think the half-way mark deserves a bit of a celebration, so...

*cuts the cake and hands out party favors*

:ymparty: \:D/ :D :-bd (*) :ymcowboy:

Awesome job everyone!

Now let's keep going and make those Dragons sorry they ever left their castle! (no offense to my Dragon friends. I love you, but you're going down! :p )

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 17, 2012 9:41 am

I don't know how much time I'll have for posting for a while (as you may have seen) - if I don't post, you'll have to post all the more! ;)

I'll try, though.
Varnafinde

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Attention noble knights!!!!!!!!!

The Games and Blogs section has undergone a change. Each of the threads used to be under a blanket PPP rule, meaning that you could only post once per page. The same threads are now under a blanket 2PPP rule meaning that you can post 2 times on each page. This rule goes into effect immediately, so post away!
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 235
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Whoo-hoo! :D Thanks for the heads-up, DiGs.

Forth, my good lions! *bounds over* B-)
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext