This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Happy Mod Appreciation Day!!!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Happy Mod Appreciation Day!!!!

Postby Princess Anna » May 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Wow, guys... I have to say I'm in the same boat as Mountie. (and perhaps a few others too) *sniff*

I had cried myself to sleep last night, because of stress and worry over some things. And had a rotten start to the day today. Did a little work around my room, and started to feel a teensy bit better.

But then I got on here... and found this thread. When and how did you manage to plan all this?! You all have made my day, truly. And as has been said by others (as well as myself, many times), you always somehow manage to make my days better. No matter what I'm facing, I know I can come to this haven and be restored.

I really don't know what to say right now...
wild rose, thanks for the opening post... the graphics... and your kind words.
Badger, that video was lovely... and made me want to cry. The fact that you included even my emeritus coworkers, as well as ones that are no longer mods... words can't express what that meant. It's nice to know their work wasn't forgotten.

But yeah, a HUGE thank you to everyone involved with this surprise... I owe you one. I feel a whole lot better (and more brave) now. Well played, my friends, well played. :ymhug:
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus
the Resident Troublemaker

Postby coracle » May 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Wow, what a lovely thread to read on a Sunday morning before church (NZ time).
I had almost forgotten about mod day, and it was such a delight to discover it is today! Beautiful video!!! - I wondered which of you had played the music, and who had filmed the scenery; and there were no credits, so perhaps it was borrowed from someone else?

I am a less active mod these days, life being a bit busy, but I do come on in my evenings and deal with the odd spammer.

Blessings & roars to you all! And many thanks for your enthusiasm and care for each other as you post and have fun on here!

"Aunty" Coracle
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby wolfloversk » May 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Rushes in and says happy Mod Day. Sorry I had an unexpected schedule conflict over night, but I'm here now :D and would love to wish all the narniaweb mods many thanks for their help and leadership on the forums!
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby stargazer » May 26, 2012 2:18 pm

Aw, thanks everyone! It's a privilege to help out on this board; it has so many wonderful members!

Thanks for that cake, Libby, it looks delicious. And LadyCourage, I chuckled at your Sokka graphics. It captures him so well. ;))

Varnafinde, I'm glad to have had the chance to write with you in the Ditto Story - it's been a lot of fun! Thanks for the signature image.

Here's to many more years of writing, conversing, and discussing Narnia and other topics. Onward and upward!
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby lover of narnia » May 26, 2012 3:14 pm

HAPPY MOD DAY!

I know I am a little late; I do apologize, but I want to add my words in and also give y'all that surprise wild_rose mentioned. Also, Badger that vid is gorgeous. :)

Anyway, a huge thanks to all the mods and admins here that make Narniaweb the special place it is. This is the best forum, and that is because of the environment you all work so hard to provide. You keep it spam free and ensure the well laid rules are followed. You update us on news, help us with problems, and give us buckets of laughs and smiles. :ymhug: All you mods and admins here are amazing. You are brilliant, sweet, and fun loving. Thanks for all you do. :)

Now, here is a vid wild_rose put together for y'all. Some notes from the members to tell you how much we appreciate you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OScUjCev ... e=youtu.be

~Lover @};-

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby johobbit » May 26, 2012 3:35 pm

:(( <- copying Mountie and saying that those are definitely tears of happiness! :D

Lover, thank you for posting the video link. Woowhee, I was so moved in reading over each message from many members and taking in the words and beautiful pictures, which plunged straight to my heart. wild rose, awesome, awesome job. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into making this. :ymhug: And that piece of music—that's one of the waltzes from Tchaikovsky's "Swan Lake" Ballet, I believe, which music I adore. It fit the creative and personal tribute to a "T". Many, many thanks to each one of you, and to you, wild rose, for pulling this all together.
(Except multiply the smilies more than a few times over to represent each one of our NarniaWeb family. ;)))
johobbit

Postby ramagut » May 26, 2012 4:10 pm

All I can say after seeing all the kind wishes and the videos; I am not worthy!!! You guys are the best members EVUH!!! :D
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » May 26, 2012 5:15 pm

daughter of the King wrote: It feels a bit odd to be on the other side of things since I was helping to plan this last year. ;))

;)) I felt the same way last year Dot. Thanks everyone. :ymhug: The videos were great. NarniaWeb is definitely the best forum ever! *isn't the least bit biased* ;)) :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Narnian_Badger » May 26, 2012 6:01 pm

Heh-heh... planning. :P I didn't find out about the exact date until this past... Monday, I guess? So I literally shot/recorded/edited the video over the span of three days. ;)) I'm glad YouTube finally cooperated so I could upload it. XD But then, we members would shoot the moon for y'all if we could, 'cause we know you would for us. :ymhug:

Shadowlander: Heehee... indeed. :D
johobbit: Aww. You're awesome, you know? You were the first one to welcome me to NW all those years ago, and I'm so grateful you did. Glad you enjoyed the vid. ^_^
MountainFireflower: It is indeed! I picked it out on Wednesday. I thought it fitting due to this year's April Fools. :P
Princess Anna: Crazy how God plans things out like that, yeah? ;) Glad we could brighten up your day. ^_^
coracle: Haha, I probably should have added credits... :P All of the footage/music was shot by me on my little video cam and computer. ;)
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby johobbit » May 26, 2012 6:22 pm

How fun I welcomed you way back then, Narnian_Badger. Very cool, indeed! :D

And your short timeframe makes the video all the more impressive. You have talent, our dear Badger.

I must make special mention of coracle here: she is so faithful in taking care of the forum when many of us are not online (when we're a-snoozin') and she is such an awesome, faithful all-around wonderful Auntie. :ymhug: to our favourite Kiwi!
johobbit

Postby Queen Susan » May 26, 2012 6:34 pm

A huge thank you before the day ends, (here at least) to all you wonderful mods. Seriously, you guys are what keeps this place up and running, clean and friendly, and a joy to have been/be a part of.

Thank you so much. :ymhug:
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby GlimGlum » May 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Nellie of Narnia wrote:And I especially want to thank GlimGlum, the mod for whom I made my graphics (the avatar of which is still upcoming...sorry Glimmie! :ymblushing: ).

Don't know what to say. Thank you, Nellie; way too kind. :) :ymblushing:

I want to thank all of the other members for their kind thoughts for all the mods. Without you, we'd only be catching spammers. :-o
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby starkat » May 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Pattertwigs Pal wrote: :ymhug: The videos were great. NarniaWeb is definitely the best forum ever! *isn't the least bit biased* ;))

I'm biased and I know it. :P NarniaWeb is the best! Because of the members! The videos are fantastic! Thank you guys soooooooooooo much!
starkat

Postby NarnianMonkey » May 26, 2012 7:42 pm

Happy mod appreciation day! Thanks to all of the moderators and administrators for making the forum safe, helping people follow the rules, and running the forum (in the case of the administrators)! Do any of the moderators or administrators want a (virtual) hug? :ymhug: You all deserve one for your hard work, after all.
I'm the brother of Dinode and UltimateSchweetWarrior.

I've met fantasia_kitty, starkat, and daughter of the King, all of whom are a mod or admin.

...is the member chat broken, or is that just me...?
NarnianMonkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Location: Somewhere in Narnia with a lot of other monkeys, as well as an eternally-bouncing ball

Postby Dinode » May 26, 2012 7:46 pm

I know I'm kinda late, but Happy MAD! All you Moderators and Administrators are awesome (not just on the web, I've met a couple of you in real life too) and have done a lot to make me addicted to the web. :p
Seeking comic book artist, PM for details.
Dinode
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » May 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Once again thanks to all you mods for keeping everyone in line :)

I want to add a special thanks to daughter of the King for being such an amazing mod! :ymhug:
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

PreviousNext