This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Happy Member Appreciation Day!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Happy Member Appreciation Day!

Postby daughter of the King » May 16, 2012 6:30 am

In conjunction with the opening of the new Narniaweb History thread, today has been declared the 3rd Annual Member Appreciation Day!

While we moderators can often be found on the forums and in the chat rooms, Narniaweb would not be what it is today without YOU. Many mods and members have commented on the camaraderie and unique spirit of friendship that exists on Narniaweb. If you have ever met a Narniawebber in person that you did not know before, you will often find that it takes less than ten minutes before it feels like you've known each other your whole life. The joy of being able to discuss all things Narnia is what draws many people to the forum, but the friends we make is what oftentimes keeps us here. The members are what makes Narniaweb Narniaweb. Without you, this site would just not be the same. Thank you Members! :ymapplause:
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Re: Happy Member Appreciation Day!

Postby ValiantArcher » May 16, 2012 7:57 am

Happy NW Member Appreciation Day! :D You all are wonderful members, and NW wouldn't be the same without you all. :ymhug: Thanks for being such great members!
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby stargazer » May 16, 2012 11:01 am

Thanks to all our members! You're a big part of what has made NarniaWeb such a special place for so many years.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Princess Anna » May 16, 2012 2:03 pm

dot wrote:If you have ever met a Narniawebber in person that you did not know before, you will often find that it takes less than ten minutes before it feels like you've known each other your whole life.

Truth. :)

The joy of being able to discuss all things Narnia is what draws many people to the forum, but the friends we make is what oftentimes keeps us here. The members are what makes Narniaweb Narniaweb.

That. ^

I came to find out about the movies, and to discuss the books. (I know my family was grateful too! :p ) But I stayed, because of the lasting friendships that I've made here over the years.

To be honest, even though Narnia always has (and always will have) a special place in my heart; if you didn't make it so interesting around here, I'd have disappeared long ago. Every time I take a few weeks (or months) off, I'm dying to hear how you all are, and what's been happening without me.

And I owe all of the people here (past and present) a great debt. You've been around for every joy and every sorrow. And been with me every step of the way, as God has shown me His plan for me. Things would have been a lot harder, and a lot different without you. Your prayers, and encouragment, have meant so much... and I don't think I can ever fully repay you.

Know that you are precious, loved, and appreciated. It wouldn't be the same without you! And I'm not just saying that! I've been on other forums, and we really do have the best community around. :ymhug:

Here's hoping we can all laugh, cry, and spread God's love around for many more years to come! ;)
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus
the Resident Troublemaker

Postby GlimGlum » May 16, 2012 2:24 pm

We mods would not be here if there were no members. B-) So thanks for being here and participating and I salute you all! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby johobbit » May 16, 2012 3:18 pm

A hobbit jig is in order, most definitely, to celebrate our members here on NarniaWeb :ymparty:, without whom the forum would not be what it is. :ymhug: Thanks for each one of your input to make this place one of excellence, warmth, respect, and camaraderie.

A Narnia cake for all! :D
johobbit

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » May 16, 2012 3:35 pm

Happy Member Appreciation Day! :ymparty:

Three years ago today I joined NarniaWeb. I joined because I wanted to join the Reading Group: Are The Chronicles of Narnia Sexist and Racist? I really didn't have any plans beyond that. In fact, I was scared to go to other sections of the forum for a while. ;)) But, I loved interacting with the other members so I stayed around. Thanks to all of you who make NarniaWeb a great place to be. :ymhug:

Make sure you check out the new NarniaWeb History thread, our Member Appreciation Day gift to you.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby PrinceCor004 » May 16, 2012 4:15 pm

HAPPY MEMBER APPRECIATION DAY!!! :D :ymhug: :ymparty:

I have only been a Mod for a very short time compared to my most esteemed and admirable cohorts, er... fellows. But both as my time as a member and now as a Mod, the members of NW have always been in my opinion the BEST forum members anywhere.

Having browsed other forums of various topics, y'all are definitely the most well mannered, articulate and just overall most awesome members I've come across. B-)

*hands out cake, ice cream and various non-alcoholic beverages to all*
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby starkat » May 16, 2012 4:34 pm

Happy Member Appreciation Day! The members are what makes this site! :)
starkat

Postby GlimGlum » May 16, 2012 5:14 pm

Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby MountainFireflower » May 16, 2012 7:43 pm

Here is my humble contribution to this day. Thank you for being so fantastic, members of NarniaWeb. I love you all!
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby coracle » May 17, 2012 1:27 am

Dear members, you are all so welcome here, and so appreciated.
Each of you has their own blend of serious and fun, interesting ideas and questions, and valid opinions.

Thank you so much for the way you join in with enthusiasm, or with nervousness; the way you make new friends, create nicknames and traditions, and leave a pleasant echo in the place when you disappear back to real life.

:ymhug:
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie