This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 10, 2012 8:01 am

Wolf wrote:Well I'm getting one of the two... What's the catch rates like with the Gorgon Trap?

For where? In the JoD, I'd say the catch rate is about 1/3, which is about average in there. That place has the lowest catch rate in the entire game. I don't even know how much the Reaper's Perch would help one.

The mice in the gauntlet aren't terribly strong, so one has a pretty regular catch rate in there. BUT, if ACRONYM works well (I had no idea about that!) I'd stick with that.

It boils down to this: There are not that many shadow locations in the game. Ramagut just got through the JoD with the Soul Catcher. It might take a little more time than doing so with the gorgon, but it is doable. The gorgon trap costs almost a million gold, and if you're already doing well using ACRONYM in the gauntlet, then it might be better to skip it, and just to stick it out in the JoD. Then, once you get to the Seasonal Garden, you'll be able to upgrade to the Soul Harvester (which has an added advantage in the garden), and be able to use that shadow trap until you get enough to upgrade to the Reaper's Perch.

So Wolf, my advice to you would be to skip the Gorgon, suffer through the JoD with a catch rate of about 1/5, and start saving up for the soul harvester (which you will use in the autumn of the seasonal garden)
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby fantasia » Feb 10, 2012 9:44 am

This morning they decided to try something different for FBF. They wanted to give a tentative look at the upcoming plans for the month. But they were very clear that this is NOT set in stone, it's just hopeful. Whether they continue to do FBFs like this in the future will depend entirely on how mad everyone is at them next month if they don't get stuff released. ;))

FBF Bits that will hopefully come this month:
~This year's Valentine's event will be small. In fact, it's not even really going to be an event. More like a Valentine's theme in the game. Should be here next week. (I got the impression it will start Monday, but that's my own interpretation.)
~The Pygmy Wrangler and new header art for the Tribal Isles should be implemented this month.
~Dan is redoing the Collectibles page so it's more organized.
~Tournament update patch based on feedback, so they'll be doing some tweaking.
~~Endurance tournaments in particular are getting close to done. Boost tournaments and Solo tournaments will come later.
~~Bigger teams
~~Captains will be given more power. :ymdevil:
~~New rank, top 10%

Other FBF bits:
~New charm conduit will not be coming any time soon
~The reason you don't get tournament points for hourly trap checks is entirely technical reasons. They just could not get it to work. (Dave was particularly sympathetic on this one as he's caught a Black Widow on an hourly trap check during a tourny where it was worth 100 points.)
~There is a Platinum Base in the works, but probably not in the near future.
~Charm Pack 2 will not be out any time soon, in fact some of the charms destined for that have already trickled out into the game. (Mining Charm)
~Living Garden should be out this year. :P They did say that there may be new high level areas out prior to the Living Garden.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 10, 2012 10:29 am

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote:So Wolf, my advice to you would be to skip the Gorgon, suffer through the JoD with a catch rate of about 1/5, and start saving up for the soul harvester (which you will use in the autumn of the seasonal garden)

Well I guess 1/5 isn't horrible (you all make it seem as though it's worse than that) So that's what... about 30 pieces of cheese for 1 batch of inferno harvarti? Not bad. Great? No, but I guess it could be worse.

I'll consider your advice Digs, in the meantime I still want to at least get the Silver Crown on the Sock Puppet Ghost Mouse before I leave again...
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby starkat » Feb 10, 2012 3:23 pm

I've been hiding out in the warpath again. I need to be hunting in the market. I've done much better on Wave 3 this time. I'm down to 27 Cavalry mice. I actually remembered not to leave my commander charms armed! I've done that the last two times through the warpath. I usually save all my commander charms for wave #3.
starkat

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 10, 2012 6:16 pm

Finished up with Wave 2, and now in Wave 3. I started out going after the Mage mice, and did started out pretty good. Got a Commander on a wave of 5. At any rate, we'll see how this goes.

45-39-44-54-8-15
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 11, 2012 10:35 am

I finally got my crown for the Sock Puppet Ghost Mouse. Moving into the Jungle Of Dread for the day at Dig's advice...
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Got another streak of five, and nabbed another Crimson Commander. Not doing very well since then.

40-17-35-48-0-10
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 11, 2012 2:15 pm

Well I have 3 fire salt so far... 3 more to go... then I gotta harvest seeds... again :ymsigh:

I might attempt to get a few bronze crowns while I'm here... I just spent nearly all my gold on supplies... so hopefully I'll have enough to last a while ;))
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby EtJ » Feb 11, 2012 4:28 pm

Anybody having technical problems? I can't change my cheese, am currently at 0 cheese, so hunting isn't an option, nor can I access my gifts. I tried MHG.com, but it was no better.
"To the Great Western Wood, I give you...."
EtJ
Moderator Emeritus
Mad Mod of GMD and G&B

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 11, 2012 8:19 pm

EtJ, my scoreboards are messed up again, but I haven't noticed anything else yet. Have you tried the longer way of switching cheese? Through the inventory tab, rather than the camp page? If that still won't work try switching browsers?
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby wiltheavatar » Feb 11, 2012 9:53 pm

I managed to get a streak of six and wipedown with a crimson commander, bringing me to 44-31-44-54-24-14, im trying to wipe out hte mages and ordinance through sentinel and commanders, im almost out of mage charms and is currently trying to save up, so i dont wanna buy any more :(
almost at the point required to get SW, with 77.6mil points, i have 400k to go :)
oh well, i hope my wave 3 goes as well as it started out as :_
wiltheavatar
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 11, 2012 10:05 pm

I got 7 pieces of fire salt... and I'm working on seeds now.

I just need 3 more peppers and maybe I'll be lucky and catch the dragon, this batch.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Ithilwen » Feb 12, 2012 2:05 am

Well. I started playing Mousehunt today. I'm still in the process of getting the hang of it. But I've been upgraded to Gnawnia now. :)

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby malkah » Feb 12, 2012 2:53 am

EtJ, I was having some trouble earlier today as well (scoreboards messed up and the Horn jamming). Switching browsers usually fixes it, so I hope you worked yours out. :)

I FINALLY finished a painfully slow stay in the Lab, thank goodness. It took nearly four days to get fifteen RB potions. /:)

I'm hunting in the Great Gnarled Tree to pick up some mice I missed while the map gets fixed...and then it's off to the Catacombs. :D

EDIT: Izzy, I've already said this, but welcome!! So glad you've joined in. :D
the light after the storm
shows that hope was never gone

Snow After Fire graphics
malkah
Moderator Emeritus
The Invincible One

Postby wiltheavatar » Feb 12, 2012 4:37 am

Welcome to MH Ithilwen:)

Just another update on my progress, managed to snag another streak 6 scouts putting me at
38-8-34-48-18-8 :)
Not bad rite?
After scouts will be the mages, I guess i want to wipe everybody off the map and also kill the ordinaces without having to actually hunt them, since they tend to be a real pain :)
Now gathering funds for my SW, which is looking good, ill probably get it by next week if everything goes according to plan :)

Malkah: congrats on finishing and hopefully youll do well in GGT, to tell the truth, I haven't been to GGT for a very long time, last time i went was for my Silth which was quite a long time ago :)

Wolf: good luck on your Dracono run and i hope you already have your ice maiden, I can't remember who didn't have it :)

Digs: hope your run goes well, also praying for myself, Starkat and FK as well :)

EDIT: After a generous and longterm loan from my friend who quit MH, i was able to build a SW, but Ill finish FW first before furoma camping :)

EDIT 2: omp, i lost my streak...
wiltheavatar
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 12, 2012 5:46 am

Ithilwen! WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!!!!!!! So glad to have another addict (er. . . player). If you have any questions, just let us know ;))

This is the best wave 3 run I've ever had. It's still going slow, but it's not unbearable.

35-2-19-43-0-6
DiGoRyKiRkE

PreviousNext