This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Filmmakers' Studio

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The Filmmakers' Studio

Postby Lucy of Narnia » May 04, 2011 11:58 am

Since I just got my hair cut and I look like Lucy (well, the hair does anyway :p ) I am going to be doing a short film about this girl that falls asleep and when she wakes up, her bedroom door leads to Narnia! :D So far that is about all that I have planned for sure...any ideas anybody? :)

Lu
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby MinotaurforAslan » May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

That was incredible, Arya! Excellent job wit the effects during the transition to Middle Earth. I laughed at the cardboard ring. Great choreography during the swordfight as well. :)

Here's a recent short film I made with some other people for a class project. I put a lot of effort into trying to make it look as professional as possible.

(Edit: here's the link to view it on YouTube so the subtitles are big enough to read: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjtLF4CBsPI)

MinotaurforAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby stateofgreen » May 04, 2011 10:40 pm

=)) That was great MfA! Especially the baseball reference. More creative than VDT! ;) Amazed at the special effects too. Did you get a good grade on it?

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby MinotaurforAslan » May 11, 2011 8:39 pm

Thanks! Yeah, we got an A. :)
MinotaurforAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Written Away (2010 Short Film)

Postby zeeky5678 » May 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Hey guys, it's been awhile since i've been on here, but while i've been gone I was able to work on a short film called "Written Away" I'm the Editor/Graphics Artist/Promotional Manager and I thought perhaps you guys might be interested in seeing what I was able to be apart of. Unfortunately due to time constrants and set requirements, the film is Unfinished, but we went through a huge amount of work. Including actually preparing a set, which was a chair closet, we had to move over 200 chairs out of the room, and find, bring in, and build our set pieces. We also became acustomed to film lighting. So, I figured that after all the filming, and preparations we did I'd share what we were able to produce with you guys :D

You can check out the facebook page here, for updates, and new content such as Posters, Videos, Trailers, and Photos all of which i'm responsible for:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Written-A ... 1481576100

As for the film itself, here's some information on it!:

"WRITTEN AWAY":Image

SYNOPSIS:
What do you do when you wake up in a single room full of your life, the good, and the bad. What can you do to get rid of the things you don't want? Maybe that's why you're there, maybe not.

Based on Brian Moore's essay "The Room".

STARRING:
RACHEL MONTGOMERY as ALEX VANCE
TONY FEDUCCIA as MYSTERIOUS MAN

WRITTEN and DIRECTED BY:
ZACH NICHOLS

EDITED BY:
TAYLOR MEFFORD

PRODUCED BY:
DANIEL STARKS

COSTUME DESIGN BY:
MAGAN PREAS

ASSISTANT PROPS MASTER:
WILLIAM RESSLER

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask, and ALL comments and critisism are welcome :D They're preferred actually. Lol
zeeky5678
NarniaWeb Nut

Please watch my Video

Postby csjesi » May 31, 2011 10:23 am

here's a link to my video. Please let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBNBf0x-zQA
Gotta go make waffles
-Csjesi
csjesi
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby MinotaurforAslan » Jun 16, 2011 1:02 pm

I looked at some of the materials you had made for "Written Away", Zeeky. Looks fantastic, especially the posters, and the storyline has an interesting concept! I can't really comment much further because you've done a good job at keeping the clips free from revealing spoilers and other things, but it all looks very professional. :)

Csjesi...if you want me to be honest...those aren't really stunts. :P

Here is a video I made for a contest recently...the rules were to make a random video involving a toothbrush/mop.

MinotaurforAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby wolfloversk » Aug 09, 2011 11:38 am

I've been working on some minor landscape animations over the past few months with Gimp. I started by making a background on a 200(h) X 800(w) canvas, then with a second window and some selective cropping I came up with this extremely simple thing:

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz24 ... ation1.gif

(It's supposed to be a mountain landscape, I know it doesn't look like much yet... Like I said it's just a simple test.) Then I decided I didn't like the jump created between the first and last frames, so I made a new one and copied the first frame and put it at the end, so I could create a smoother transition:

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz24 ... ation2.gif

Better, but it still looks more like three random colors than a landscape, so today I started to add some shading... I fixed the first one so it looped together smoothly, then added a few shadows.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz24 ... ation3.gif

It still needs some work... I'd like to try to keep making it more realistic, and maybe add a bird flying. Any suggestions?
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby ForeverFan » Aug 09, 2011 1:41 pm

Those animations are quite creative, wolfloversk! The shading and shadows enhance it wonderfully, making it look pretty realistic. Is the colour of the mountains going to be your final colour? If not, perhaps you could add a little more grey into them so as they would look a little bit more like real mountains. (If, however, the purple was just a colour you chose for the time being, ignore that last bit. :) )
[center]Dear days of old, with the faces in the firelight,
Kind folks of old, you come again no more.
(Robert Louis Stevenson)
ForeverFan
NarniaWeb Zealot
Keeper of Thursdays (BC), Retired

Postby wolfloversk » Aug 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Thanks ForeverFan :) And no that's not gonna be the final color. Eventually I want to make one based of a real mountainscape. Maybe the Rockies? Or the Adirondacks? But for now I'm just playing around. I like the idea of gray though... I'll consider it. I'm debating whether or not to add shading to the foreground... (the grass). I have another idea I might play around with today too...

Edit! I decided to try my second idea, which was making the background and foreground move at different rates. (Like how when your driving in a car the closer something is the faster it seems to "move" away from you). Unfortunately I messed up my math so there's a jump in the foreground. :(

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz24 ... ation4.gif

I'll have to fix that... Plus I don't really like the height of the foreground in some places, so I'm going to change that. I think I'm also gonna make it slower and shade some of the foreground. (Though I'm still not quite sure how... :-\ ) Maybe I'll add clouds eventually...

Edit! Ok I made a new one, except I forgot to clean up the edges on the foreground... so I'll have to do it all over again! #-o But other than that and a few other adjustments (and the possibility, though not probability of clouds) I'm content so far.

(Warning! Big file) http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz24 ... ation5.gif

Now for the hard part... the bird.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Sparky » Jan 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Here's a short film some friends and I made:

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=FME91FNU

Our goal is to get 100 views from non-relatives. Any help is appreciated. ;)) ;)
Mark my words, someday I will think of something brilliant to put in my sig.
Sparky
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Ithilwen » Feb 04, 2012 4:50 pm

My new computer only came with Windows Live Movie Maker. Which I hate. None of my videos ever turn out right, because I'm not good at using movie-making programs which don't use a Timeline. Windows Live Movie Maker only uses this sort of strange mix between timeline and story board, and it isn't going well for me at all.

I downloaded an old version of Windows Movie Maker -- the 2.6 version. It worked on my computer at first. I mean, it runs, you can make a movie and save the file as a MSWMM file. But it won't let me publish the finished project to my computer. It says "either the place to where you are trying to save this file no longer exists, or there is not enough room on your computer." Well, the place I was saving it does exist, and there's plenty of room on my computer.

Windows Live Movie Maker will still publish videos to my computer. But like I said, I don't like using that.

Is there any way to fix this problem? Or is there some other free program I can download?

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby juzuma loves lucy » Feb 11, 2012 3:25 am

I tried making movies with my younger sister but we had problems uploading clips onto the computer because I filmed on my phone. :p This was our first trial. I only managed to make the title. :p
Lucy:Do you remember who really defeated the White Witch?
Peter: Yes.
Susan:No.
Lucy:Do you both believe in Narnia?
Narnians, Caspian and Edmund:We believe.
Susan and Peter:Shut up.
juzuma loves lucy
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby aragorn2 » Feb 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Here's a question for the Mods, it says that all films have to be forum approved. Who would I send a video to to get it approved?
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby ValiantArcher » Feb 15, 2012 4:56 pm

aragorn2, all films have to be forum appropriate, not forum approved. :) That just means that all videos posted here have to be family-friendly and abide by the NW forum rules. If you have a question about a particular video, you can send it to any of the Spare Oom moderators: johobbit, stargazer, or PrinceCor004. :)
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby MinotaurforAslan » Feb 15, 2012 9:57 pm

I worked with some people in my band to make a music video cover of Coldplay's single "Paradise". We had elephants in saxaphones, tigers on unicycles, flutists in trees at the top of a mountain, the whole works. :P T'was a lot of fun to produce.

MinotaurforAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext