This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

Postby ceppault » Feb 06, 2012 1:41 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:This is the time of the year when I always forget where everyone is in their progress cause it's interrupted by a million events.
Of course, I am easy to locate as I have no particular plan. ;))
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 06, 2012 1:59 pm

I figured out that just using attraction charms when you're down to the last set of mice, isn't a good idea. I've attacted 4 Caravan Guards within the past 3 hours, and have failed to catch 3 of them. I'm sticking with Warpath Warrior charms to finish these guys off at least until the Caravan Guards start retreating.

14-0-0

This has been the best wave 1 ever!
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby fantasia » Feb 06, 2012 2:27 pm

wil wrote:I decided to ditch muridae since seriously, there isn't much point
in me building it, I have a good replacement to SS, I'll be able to get my SW once I get the gold and points, dragon jade base is on par if not better then papyrus base, I'm fine with normal commander charms(that's prob the one I'll miss the most), I'll want a living garden map but that can wait since the gardens not out yet
I'd at least build the cheese shoppe. It doesn't take that long to build, and you don't have to travel all the way to the Tribal Isles for Gouda Cheese. :) But you're right on the rest of the stuff... it can wait.
Though after you complete your 6th Warpath run, the Monger Charm.... can't live without it. It's awesome!! And that requires the General Store and Charm Shoppe. :)

Cep wrote:Of course, I am easy to locate as I have no particular plan. ;))
;)) Might you consider crafting your S.S. Huntington II in the nearish future?
On a completely different side note, cep, for some odd reason your Items tab on your profile is showing up in some kind of Oriental language. Did you change your settings or is that a bug I should report? ;))

DiGs wrote:This has been the best wave 1 ever!
Yay! Go Crobot! :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby narnian_at_heart » Feb 06, 2012 2:44 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:
n_a_h wrote:After that, I really don't know what I'll do. Get a better shadow trap (probably the Gorgon) and get access to Balack's Cove are next on my list of things I need to do.
This is the time of the year when I always forget where everyone is in their progress cause it's interrupted by a million events. ;)) Have you gotten your Dragon Mouse already n_a_h? Last I remembered, you finally caught your Acolyte Mouse after much pain and toil. :P ;))

Nope, no Dragon mouse yet. I haven't even tried for it yet. Catching that Acolyte was the last thing I did before the New Years event. Yes, it was very painful. I kept track of the number of Runic cheese I used after the first batch and the grand total was at least 250 (low conservative estimate: probably more like 260-280).
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 06, 2012 3:15 pm

I still missed my Calligraphy mouse... I think I only attracted 1 during this whole event... meh. Thanks anyways FK :P

Edit:

a minor update on crowns: I caught 3 more Cavalier mice. Not getting many potion drops this time through though. :( Any advice... Tiers 3 and 4 are my worst.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby wiltheavatar » Feb 07, 2012 5:30 am

Fighting Archers, probably ditch it for sentinels since ill be going off soon, must say im impressed by CROBOT although some still say thrasher is better, i guess in my opinion crobot is multirole but thrasher has specific purpose which is the really beginning of the wave, im pairing with MSB to have the extra 5% attraction rate and it is helping
wiltheavatar
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 07, 2012 6:16 am

I am loving the thrasher. It keeps things pretty consistent throughout wave one. Coupling it with the crobot got me through there in just about 24 hours! (I started wave one around 4PM on Sunday, and finished last night around 8PM). Last night when wave 2 started, I equipped it, and I'm already down to 17 scouts. I'll probably switch back over to the crobot this afternoon, but for now, I'm just glad that I'm finally having a less terrible time in here ;)

Along those lines (and assuming that things don't change within the near future), I'm leaning slightly more towards selling my SBM in favour of getting the Sphynx Wrath. Rewers just isn't cutting it with those Sandwing Cavalry mice. Again, I'll have to wait and see. It's just a really big decision to make right now.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby ceppault » Feb 07, 2012 9:13 am

fantasia_kitty wrote:Might you consider crafting your S.S. Huntington II in the nearish future? ... On a completely different side note, cep, for some odd reason your Items tab on your profile is showing up in some kind of Oriental language.
That is something to consider, fk. Just not looked that far ahead. And that would be a but to report ;))
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 07, 2012 9:56 am

Doing really well in Wave 2. The Warpath Thrasher is slaughtering the Sentinels! I'm regularly getting streaks of 3 or 4. Unfortunately, it's stale cheese effect and low attraction seems to break the streaks, but that's not a big deal when you're moving through fairly quickly

37-9-40-44-20

That's 36 mice removed in like 14 hours!!!!!!
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 07, 2012 5:13 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:On a completely different side note, cep, for some odd reason your Items tab on your profile is showing up in some kind of Oriental language.
ceppault wrote:And that would be a but to report ;))

Gremlinese? Either that or the Glitchpaws teamed up with the Calligraphy and Furoma Mice.

I've essentially been bumped back to Tier 1, having only gotten one Tier 6 potion to drop... ah well I'll hit Tier 8 soon enough ;)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 07, 2012 6:52 pm

I have been having mixed luck in the warpath tonight. Using OWN and hunting mages has never been my strength, so I've decided to eliminate the remaining 8 of them with commander's charms. Up to a streak of 4 with my archers so far. If I can make it to six, I'll use one.

Here's hoping ;)

EDIT: Crud, I had to jinx myself, didn't I :P. As soon as I posted, an FTA broke that streak ;))

Going to bed now, hopefully I can clear some of these warriors overnight.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby wiltheavatar » Feb 08, 2012 3:58 am

I'm in wave 2, clearing warriors, should be done pretty soon, or at least i hope so:)
I managed to smash down scouts in around 8 hrs which happened to be my personal record :)
I'm doing fine right now and is on path to get my Sphynx:_
wiltheavatar
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 08, 2012 5:11 am

Glad to hear that you're doing well, wil!

I did pretty decently overnight with my warriors. Got them down to 21 of them. Currently have a streak of four, here's hoping I can get two more, so that I can use a commander's charm.

Currently at 21-0-33-39-8

I also came up with a new plan to make a little bit extra gold - selling charms on the marketplace. This is something that I've been doing for Stale SB+ (via Super Wrotten Charms) for sometime now, but I've found that if you craft 10 Empowered anchor charms, you can sell them for 50K without much difficulty. If you have a TON of scrap metal lying around (I had over 300 pieces) then you only need to buy the orbs (ten of them will set you back about 25K - 30K) and the charmbit (which is another 10K). So you make about 10K profit per batch. Just thought I'd share that with you guys. It's not going to make anybody filthy rich, but it's nice to have a little "spending cash" so to speak ;).

EDIT: Crackers! I got my streak of six, I armed my commander's charm, but did I catch the one that decided to walk by my trap? No :P

15-0-33-39-8
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby ramagut » Feb 08, 2012 9:44 am

Well, I have ventured into the Jungle of Dread. Using Tribal base and Soul catcher. On this, I am totally following the wordpress guide.
I caught 3 Stonework Warrior Mice; so far no luck with the Fetid Swamp Mice with only 2 pieces of cheese left. So far this place is aptly named. :P
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 08, 2012 11:40 am

Silver Crowns I'm aiming for:
-Sock Puppet Ghost (need 5 more)
-Cavalier (need 26 more)
-Cowbell (16 more)
-Drummer (14 more)
-Fiddler (24 more)

Bronze Crowns I'm aiming for:
-Paladin (2 more)
-Necromancer (8 more)
-Fiend (3 more)
-Eclipse (7 more)

Italicized ones have changed. I'm debating how long I should stay here or if I head to the Jungle of Dread with the same setup as Ram... all I need is enough fire salt to get enough Dragon Mice (do I need 1 or 3?) to get into Balack's Cove and the Seasonal Garden.

Digs, I didn't even realize empowered anchor charms were craft-able :P
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby fantasia » Feb 08, 2012 4:21 pm

I have discovered that I am apparently cursed. In the last three or four tournaments, I have caught one mouse in the first hour (not counting trap checks) X( . I must say that's highly annoying as I watch our team ranking plummet into the depths :P . Thankfully after the first hour my bad luck wears off and I catch mice on a regular basis. And I'm also glad my team doesn't share the same bad luck. ;))
We had another successful top 25% placement yesterday which brings my Tournament Token total to 164. :D (That's kind of fun to say... ;)) )

rama wrote:Well, I have ventured into the Jungle of Dread. Using Tribal base and Soul catcher. On this, I am totally following the wordpress guide.
Your Dragon Jade Base will increase your catch rate by about 5% according to Furoma.com. :)

@wolf, eeesh, of all the places to be farming King's Crowns..... :)) I admire your patience with the Gauntlet. I don't have it. ;)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext