This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Mousehunt - Brie it on!!

Postby fantasia » Feb 05, 2012 7:47 am

Between Kat's Aether Mouse (yay Kat!!) and a last minute rally from my team, we're suddenly in contention for the top 50%. Barely. :P We are currently sitting at rank 81st and the cutoff is 80th. :-ss It's gonna be close and completely luck of the draw as to what mice all of the teams get. 5hrs and 13min to go. Because it's so close, my husband and I broke out the big guns.... SB+, Silver Base, and Champions Charms. Arrrggg.... it's soooo close.....

Is everybody else besides my husband and myself having issues with the MH server? We've been getting a lot of gateway timeouts and about 3 minutes for our hunts to show up on our journals and stuff. Ironically, if everyone else is having trouble, I think this is what kept us from dropping way down into the much lower ranks on our tournaments, cause nobody else could sound their hunter's horns either. :P
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 05, 2012 10:09 am

FK wrote:Is everybody else besides my husband and myself having issues with the MH server?

I haven't been having any problems.

I have to say that the Crobot is WONDERFUL in Muridae Market! All that luck really helps with loot drops, and I'm currently in a position to consider building the charm shoppe, before I rebuild the Trapsmith. I'll probably need more flameshards to do so (for molten glass), but it looks promising.

Back in the warpath again (I switched over to the market while I was at church). Getting VERY frustrated with these last two guards. A charm to JUST attract them would be a welcome addition to this wave.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby fantasia » Feb 05, 2012 11:42 am

DiGs wrote:I'm currently in a position to consider building the charm shoppe, before I rebuild the Trapsmith.
Here's my two cents... skip the Trapsmith until last. You've got the Crobot which is the lucky equivalent of the Sentinel, the Dimensional Chest Trap (weirdest looking trap EVER) is not very good and I think Rewers is handily better. As for the Papyrus Base, there was a rumor there might someday be an upgrade for it, aside from that, the Dragon Jade Base is better. Hope that helps :)

ETA: Holy moly, that was soooo close. :)) We came in 79th and the cutoff was 80th. And that was after bouncing back and forth between 78th and 81st the whole morning. Anyways, go team!! :D 12 more tournament tokens. 158 total for me. :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 05, 2012 1:53 pm

I GOT A SANDBLASTED METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not expecting that in the least! Now I just need one more, and I'll be able to craft the Sandstorm Monstrobot, which will make going through these waves a breeze (well. . . maybe not, but still).

This gives me a chance to try out my new Warpath Thrasher (thanks again, Ceppy!) on Wave 1. So far I've gotten 3 archer mice. Hoping to get a pretty good streak so that I can use a Commander's charm and clear this wave quickly.

So what does everybody think I should do with it? Save it in hopes that I'll get another one soon, or sell it in order to get the Sphynx Wrath trap AND finish the Reaper's Perch (gosh, that thing is a distant memory :P )
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 05, 2012 2:34 pm

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote:This gives me a chance to try out my new Warpath Thrasher
Lucky!!!!

Either way glad you got one :P I'm not going there for a while yet anyways.

Still working the Guantlet. I got a Silver Crown for the Clockwork Samuri. I figured while I wait for Gold I can do something productive:

Silver Crowns I'm aiming for:
-Sock Puppet Ghost (need 10 more)
-Cavalier (need 30 more)
-Cowbell (18 more)
-Drummer (14 more)
- Fiddler (25 more)

Bronze Crowns I'm aiming for:
-Paladin (2 more)
-Necromancer (8 more)
-Fiend (3 more)
-Eclipse (7 more)

I could use others in the area, but I figure these are the ones that are (if even remotely) doable in a good time-frame.

In other news I'm at 79% Knight.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 05, 2012 5:30 pm

It took about 21 mice to get my Warpath Thrasher down to the level of my Crobot. Unfortunately, my biggest streak was one of four, due to a couple of badly placed stales, but overall I am VERY pleased with it's performance.

Checking furoma.com, I see that I've got a 93% chance of catching Scout mice with my current setup. . . that's pretty amazing.

EDIT: This is the best wave 1 I've ever had. 25-19-29
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby wiltheavatar » Feb 05, 2012 8:01 pm

I finished first FW run this morning and my trapdoor was
sphinx wrath, decent rite? well, what trap setup should I use in muridae? I'm using cheesecake, crobot, prospector
wiltheavatar
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 06, 2012 5:24 am

Congratulations on getting the Sphynx Wrath trap component, wil! That's really great (and was the one I was hoping to get this time round).

I would not be using prospector charms in the market. If you want to use any charm in the market, I'd suggest a freshness charm or an attraction charm, because when using the Crobot, power isn't the issue, it's attraction/staleness.

The setup I'd use would be one of the following:
Crobot, Dragon Jade, Attraction Charm, Gouda
Crobot, Dragon Jade, Power Charm, Gouda
Crobot, Spellbook, Attraction Charm, Gouda
Crobot, Spellbook, Power Charm, Gouda.

EDIT: Funny thing happened just now. I sounded my horn at 10:46 (my hourly is at 10:45.) At 10:45, I broke a streak of 7 by missing a Caravan Guard, which added 1 mouse to each category. My horn sound at 10:46 nabbed a Crimson Commander (without using a commander's charm), and so that took away the mice that the Caravan Guard added ;)). It's a pity it didn't happen the other way around ;)).

25-6-0 Should be done with wave 1 by tonight!!!!!
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby fantasia » Feb 06, 2012 9:16 am

I'm seconding my congrats on the Sphynx Crystal wil! :D Are you gonna build that trap or sell it to try to get your second Sandblasted Metal?

DiGs's suggestions are good ones. My favorite is the Crobot, Dragon Jade Base, Attraction Charm, and Gouda. If you find you're having attraction problems after that, you can switch to the MSB (cause you don't have Spellbook yet right?) or I guess Cheesecake but I would think your catch rate would really drop then.
If you are attracting mice just fine but having a hard time catching them, then I would vote for a Luck Charm (I think they're better than Prospector's charms personally, and definitely cheaper ;)) )

DiGs, you knew the Prospector Charm was the big brother of the Power Charm right?

DiGs wrote:So what does everybody think I should do with it? Save it in hopes that I'll get another one soon, or sell it in order to get the Sphynx Wrath trap AND finish the Reaper's Perch
Well, I know I would save it. But having said that, what I think you ought to do is start paying attention to what traps you're using the most and which ones you'd like an upgrade for the most.
If you keep doing Warpath runs, you might still want to go with the Monstrobot because it's better than the Crobot and it will speed up your runs even more, making it more likely to get the drop for the Sphynx.
But if you find the Crobot is doing just fine on the archers, scouts, and warriors and you're having loads of trouble with the cavalry, then maybe you should aim for the Sphynx instead. And then you can try your idea that you mentioned to me about using the Sphynx to get money and buy back 2 Sandblasted Metals. :)
As far as the Reaper's Perch is concerned, the only time I've used that trap in recent memory was during a Jungle of Dread tournament. ;)) It's just not something I see you using at all right now. And I'm not expecting any new areas in the game where it would be used any time soon. This trap probably should be at the bottom of the priority list.

So Kat and I were chatting about events last night. It's kind of crazy to think about everything still coming up soon! ;))
~Valentine's Day event next week
~Mousehunt's 4th birthday party in early March
~Egg hunt in April (this was my favorite event last year, so I have high hopes it will be just as fun this year ;)) )
And maybe, just maybe, after all of that we'll start seeing some new content again. Woooooo!!!! :D

In the meantime, I am in Gold Making mode. ;)) I will be hanging out in the Warpath from this point forward, leaving only for tournaments or to buy cheese. :P ;)) Speaking of which, Forgotten Tournament coming up this afternoon. Yay! :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 06, 2012 9:28 am

FK wrote:what I think you ought to do is start paying attention to what traps you're using the most and which ones you'd like an upgrade for the most

This doesn't help me very much :P. In all seriousness, though, I think it's too soon for me to make a judgment call. Rewers (according to furoma.com) is the best trap I have against the Cavalry mice in wave 3, but it was still coming up short, and I think the best I did was a run of three.

I think what I'll do, is to go through this run, see where my weak points are, and go on from there. FK, how does your Sphynx Wrath do against the cavalry mice? Is it close to 100%? Because there are so many of them, that it would be nice to start off hunting them, clearing out all the other mice using commander's charms, but it would only work if you experience a relatively steady catch rate (e.g. higher than 80%)

FK wrote:And maybe, just maybe, after all of that we'll start seeing some new content again. Woooooo!!!!

That's what I'm going to assume. My guess is that the living garden will be released sometime during the summer. With the release of the Reaper's Perch, I'm guessing that it's going to have some sort of shadow element associated with it, but that's just a guess.

FK wrote:DiGs, you knew the Prospector Charm was the big brother of the Power Charm right?

Yeah, but they're WAY more expensive, and for that reason I've never used them.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 06, 2012 10:29 am

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote:
FK wrote:DiGs, you knew the Prospector Charm was the big brother of the Power Charm right?

Yeah, but they're WAY more expensive, and for that reason I've never used them.

But they are so helpful! The event closes tomorrow so I'm taking one last shot at the Calligraphy Mouse... and then back to the Guantlet. (But if anyone on my team wants to do any tourneys I'm in.)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby fantasia » Feb 06, 2012 10:44 am

DiGs wrote:FK, how does your Sphynx Wrath do against the cavalry mice? Is it close to 100%?
I think my catch rate is just over 80%.

DiGs wrote:Because there are so many of them, that it would be nice to start off hunting them, clearing out all the other mice using commander's charms, but it would only work if you experience a relatively steady catch rate
I tried that actually, but I had a really hard time getting streaks with those. Too many other mice would attract and break my streak. Instead, now what I do is annihilate all five of the other types (mages and artillery are taken out with commanders charms used on scouts, archers, and warriors) and then just arm a tactical trap and a luck charm or something. Saves on Simple Orbs. ;))

DiGs wrote:Yeah, but they're WAY more expensive, and for that reason I've never used them.
I agree with you. But apparently the majority of high level people feel that the increase in catch rate will more than make up for the cost, because I see it used more than any other basic charm. I think Luck Charms increase your catch rate more than Prospector Charms, and they're cheaper, so that's what I go for. But I suppose it depends entirely on your trap setup.

Wolf, I just want you to know, you had the weirdest trap setup (when you were trying to catch the Calligraphy Mouse) I have ever seen. :)) But I am sorry you didn't nab him. :( I burned through most of my SB+ over the weekend, but I sent you another 10 pieces so hopefully one of those will get him.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 06, 2012 10:57 am

fantasia_kitty wrote:Wolf, I just want you to know, you had the weirdest trap setup (when you were trying to catch the Calligraphy Mouse) I have ever seen. :)) But I am sorry you didn't nab him. :( I burned through most of my SB+ over the weekend, but I sent you another 10 pieces so hopefully one of those will get him.

Lol thanks for the SB+ I'm checking with Furoma but the Ice Maiden and Dragon Jade Base was the best thing I could think of at the time :P

Correction I would check... If I could, but they don't have it there...so I'm gonna stick with it :P
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby narnian_at_heart » Feb 06, 2012 11:41 am

I'm up to 213 Firecracker charms. I'm going to finish farming those charms, get the ACRONYM skin, and hopefully sell it someday.

After that, I really don't know what I'll do. Get a better shadow trap (probably the Gorgon) and get access to Balack's Cove are next on my list of things I need to do. Before that, however, I'm thinking about going into the Gauntlet for a little while. I've never been in there and while I'm in the area and it's cheap to travel to, I might as well farm some potions.

After that, I think I'll head back to the Tribal Isles and farm pepper seeds. I have six pieces of Inferno Havarti and I want at least a few more before going after Dragon Embers for the Antique Lantern.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fantasia » Feb 06, 2012 12:12 pm

wolfloversk wrote:I'm checking with Furoma but the Ice Maiden and Dragon Jade Base was the best thing I could think of at the time :P

Correction I would check... If I could, but they don't have it there...so I'm gonna stick with it :P

If it was me, I'd use the Chrome Rhinobot, Dragon Jade Base, no charms (cause I couldn't catch the Calligraphy Mouse when I had any armed and you won't need them with the rest of your setup anyways) and SB+. Good luck!

n_a_h wrote:After that, I really don't know what I'll do. Get a better shadow trap (probably the Gorgon) and get access to Balack's Cove are next on my list of things I need to do.
This is the time of the year when I always forget where everyone is in their progress cause it's interrupted by a million events. ;)) Have you gotten your Dragon Mouse already n_a_h? Last I remembered, you finally caught your Acolyte Mouse after much pain and toil. :P ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wiltheavatar » Feb 06, 2012 12:15 pm

I decided to ditch muridae since seriously, there isn't much point
in me building it, I have a good replacement to SS, I'll be able to get my SW once I get the gold and points, dragon jade base is on par if not better then papyrus base, I'm fine with normal commander charms(that's prob the one I'll miss the most), I'll want a living garden map but that can wait since the gardens not out yet
That Crobot is doing wonders, I nearly cleared warriors in 6hrs, used to take me 1.5dayd or so:)
Just mentioning, I just swamped through cavalry and flames on my last run since I was leaving it over the night and I figured I want my physical trap against wardens and it worked decently:)
wiltheavatar
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext