This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

"My Pet(s)" Blog

Enjoy games and blogs with other NarniaWebbers.

Moderator: ValiantArcher

Re: "My Pet(s)" Blog

Postby wolfloversk » Jan 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Well we got Quorra's nails cut. She has 2 black nails and the rest were white so it wasn't too bad.

Somehow Nosey cut his leg pretty bad, but the swelling went down and he's walking much better today- even running some. Just watching for any signs of infection.

I gave then my old ball and made then a string toy... then Quorra started squeaking so I made her one too. I'm hoping it keeps them occupied because they've been getting into everything! And I thought Patchy was bad. #:-s
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby wild rose » Jan 23, 2012 12:36 pm

I haven't been here in a while, my studies are beginning to drive me a bit insane :p

well at it turns out, her majesty, was under weight (and so was very weak) because she is very picky about what she eats and wasn't eating enough because the feed was 'not to her liking' I had to try like 3 different types of feeds before I found one that she more or less eats most of (and of course she had to go with one of the more expensive kind). I've put her on a 'gain weight' diet and it's working so far. So Lucy has gotten more active now, and extremely demanding, she wakes me up at 7 in the morning with a shrill squeak, telling me it's time for her feeding, she has to have fresh vegetables every day or I'll get no peace, and of course, hay, hay and more hay, and well, goodies from the pet store are always welcome too. :p

She got a little wooden house for Christmas and is busy chewing it, I guess that's her way of saying that she likes it :)

I hope Nosey will get better soon wolf, and that his cut won't get infected
How did Quorra behave when you cut her nails, Lucy always squirms, she doesn't like it when we cut her nails, it's hard to get her to sit still, my friend and I had a hard time with her, cause she would try to jerk her paw away and it was rough trying to make sure we only cut the nail and not the nerve :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby wolfloversk » Jan 25, 2012 2:22 pm

Nosey is much better now :) He's no longer limping. I think his brother disappeared permanently though :(

Whitey is getting to be rather bratty for lack of a better term. She very much wants things her way.

Quorra wasn't too bad for nail cutting. She did squirm a little, but not nearly as bad as Patchy. She does have two black nails however, but I didn't hit the quick on either :D What's nice is that she has a white one on the same foot, so I can estimate.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby SilverLynx » Jan 25, 2012 2:39 pm

Oh, a blog about pets! How adorable! I love animals myself and am the proud owner of Boris and Bella the rabbits and Fluff the Syrian hamster. I'll be following this with great interest :D
(oh, and I see you're talking about nail cutting? I totally feel your pain, my Bella is such a little madam and refuses to let me cut hers! It's been months now and they're getting very long! I have to somehow trick her into letting me clip them 8-| Wish me luck lol)
SilverLynx
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby wild rose » Jan 26, 2012 10:55 am

Good luck SilverLynx :) it's funny how animals don't seem to like their nails being cut, I wish there was someway for us to explain to them that it's necessary :p
I never actually cut Lucy's nails, I don't have the guts, my friend comes over and since she had a guinea pig before, I have her do it. Though De once cut them herself, I was out and came home and she's like 'oh by the way, I cut Lucy's nails' I almost felt like giving her a medal for bravery :)

I have a victory today, Lucy ate all the food that was in her feed bowl, that hasn't happened in at least....*thinks* around three months. I think I've found the perfect feed and will stick with it for now (I only wish it was less expensive :p )
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby wolfloversk » Jan 29, 2012 6:23 pm

SilverLynx, Some advice for Bella is to have someone else hold her firmly (though gentle enough that she doesn't get hurt) while you clip them. If you're still worried that she'll act crazy, you can take her to the vet and have them cut her nails. In the meantime it might help to get her used to having her paws handled, so touch her feet a lot, especially if you pick her up. Also show her the clippers once a day (maybe let her sniff them?) just before you give her a treat, and she might get used to them.

Does she dislike being held in general or just dislike having her paws handled?
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby wild rose » Feb 08, 2012 11:03 am

My Lucy turned a year old yesterday :) I really can't believe she's so big already, my little baby, already a year old. She's been eating real well, and is putting on weight, which is very encouraging, the only annoying this is that I have to go by her scedual, which means getting up at six in the morning to feed her. Here are a couple of pictures of my big girl :)

Lucy
Lucy2
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby ramagut » Feb 08, 2012 3:32 pm

I can't believe she's a year old already! Seems like you just got here! ;)
Love the pictures! :)
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby AstroWolfD » Feb 29, 2012 3:22 pm

This is my 4 1/2 year old Dalmatian, Pongo. Image
He was a Christmas present from my parents in 2007. I guess his most distinguishing characteristics are his eyes. It's hard to tell in this picture, but his left eye is brown, while his right eye is blue. It's not uncommon in Dalmatians, but it sure makes him stand out!
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby ramagut » Feb 29, 2012 5:34 pm

What a handsome dog! He is absolutely gorgeous! :)
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby AstroWolfD » Mar 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Thank you very much! He appreciates the compliments! :D
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby wild rose » Mar 09, 2012 11:53 am

AstroWolfD, that's a handsome dog, it's so cool that his eyes are different colors, I didn't know that dalmations could have different eye colors, but I think it's really cool :)

today is exactly one year since Lucy first entered my life :) and I guess she decided to remind me of that this morning cause she woke me up at 5 am with a shrill loud squeak :p (or maybe she just wanted to be the first to wish me a happy birthday....I don't know). And she wouldn't calm down till I had gotten up and given her a good breakfast, she has been eating a shameful lot these days. Demanding, spoiled little piggie :p ah well, I have no one to blame but myself. I try to let her out of the cage everyday to let her run around on me bed for excersize, sometimes I forget cause I'm out most of the days, but for the most part I remember. It's so funny to see her climb about and hide inbetween my pillows and soft toys. I'll try to get a video here sometimes soon :)
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby ramagut » Mar 09, 2012 12:17 pm

wild rose,
I didn't realize that you got Lucy on your birthday! How exciting! I would *never* spoil my animals...yes, that is sarcasm! My dogs are spoiled, especially Teyla. So, I can understand indulging her! ;)
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby wild rose » Mar 21, 2012 10:28 am

LOL ramagut, when I first read that I was like 'huh, you don't spoil you animals.....' but then I got the joke :D

I don't know if Lucy started eating more, or if they started started packing less feed into the package, at any rate, feed that used to last a month....doesn't last a month anymore
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby starkat » Mar 27, 2012 3:47 am

I need some help with my dog. She's taken to barking in the middle of the night and it's got my parents pretty furious at her. I can't bring her inside because that creates it's own issues. It's to the point I may have to find a new home for her, but she's 11 so finding her a new home won't be an easy thing to do.

Any suggestions, tips? Help!
starkat

Postby ramagut » Mar 27, 2012 9:49 am

kat, I really don't know what to tell you, but I'm sure there is some retraining involved. I would visit dog training websites searching for some help.
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

PreviousNext