This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Mansion: Christmas and the New Year!

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: The Mansion: Christmas and the New Year!

Postby PrinceCor004 » Dec 21, 2011 7:11 pm

"Aww, thanks. Well, I only have a poor human nose and not a fairy one..." Before Ben could say anything further, Elsa was already well on her way to the fountain. Forgot how fast fairies can be...

"Well, Ditto Town used be my "home away from home", so it's not as unsettling coming back. Also, I first came here late, so I'm used to this Square." Ben motioned to Vern to follow him and the girl as they passed the fountain. "I doubt there will be a line. Most everyone seems to be enamored with Lady A..."
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby MountainFireflower » Dec 21, 2011 7:57 pm

Lady Z was getting bored with the company that her sister kept, so she was starting to zone out. Thankfully, she had good ears that allowed her to hear the trail of conversation a few feet away. "Most everyone seems to be enamored with Lady A..."

Lady Z bolted her way over to where Ben and Elsa were talking. Finally, someone to talk to! She threw her hands up in exasperation. "Tell me about it. Lady A's the belle of the ball. The star of the party. The cream of the crop... oh wait. You get my meaning, surely. Anyway, I fully echo your sentiments. I'm a bit jealous of my sister's charms, I daresay. Perhaps we can commiserate her celebrity status together?"

---

Everyone else was unaware of Liam's utter confusion due to his whereabouts. First he had been sleeping. Then he woke up in this... strange place. Furthermore, no one would tell him exactly where he was. Oh, this is just wonderful, he thought ruefully.

Liam's eyes scanned the Square. He noticed a man standing against the wall of the Mansion. That man, whoever he was, looked like a potential candidate to strike up conversation with. Maybe, just maybe, Liam would get some answers.

He headed over to the Mansion before he could second-guess talking to random strangers. He stuck his hands in his pockets in an effort to shrug off the awkwardness, then cleared his throat. "I think I'm here by mistake," he started off, speaking to Zack. "And if I'm not mistaken, it looks like you're a bit disoriented as well."

((OOC: zlcva, I haven't met your characters before, so if there's anything wrong with the way I perceived them, feel free to tell me. :) ))
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Menelve » Dec 21, 2011 9:31 pm

"Ah yes, Lady A is attracting most of the attention." She frowned. "I just wish I could remember who she is. All I remember is her name and face." Elsa shrugged. Her attention was diverted from Ben when another girl bounded up to them complaining about Lady A.

"Sister? You two are sisters?" Elsa looked the girl up and down. "Nope, definitely don't remember you. My name's Elsa. What's yours?" Elsa held out her hand to shake. "We're heading over for cider. Would you care to join us? And why on earth should we commiserate about Lady A's crowd? We just have to make our crowd larger." She nodded primly.

Elsa didn't completely understand other peoples' tendencies to complain. She always felt that annoyances should be taken care of in a matter of fact fashion. Spells worked quite well usually.
Menelve
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby zlcva » Dec 21, 2011 9:56 pm

"I think I'm here by mistake," he started off, speaking to Zack. "And if I'm not mistaken, it looks like you're a bit disoriented as well."

Zack couldn't help but chuckle.

"Trust me, everyone who comes to Ditto Town comes here for a reason. I'm Zack Lawrence." He offered his hand to Liam.

"My friend over there," he nodded in the direction of Zace, "is the disoriented one. This is his first time outside of his home universe. I thought I'd bring him along and introduce him to any of the old gang I run across. You might say I'm a bit of a Dittotopian expatriate."

Zace, meanwhile, stood in the midst of the crowd, quite disoriented indeed. Zack had given him such a sparse preface to this world before they were whisked off by that green glowing guy that he was at a loss. Zace turned to go back to Zack and nearly ran into a clump of people talking about cider and commiserating.

"Uh, excuse me," he spoke up, deciding to be more outgoing than his guide. "Is cider something you drink on this world? If it is, would it be alright if I tagged along?"
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Menelve » Dec 21, 2011 10:41 pm

"Oh hello! Another new face! My name's Elsa, what's yours?" Elsa was quite delighted to find so many new faces to befriend at this party. "Yes, cider is something you drink that's deliciously hot so be careful not to burn your tongue!"

Elsa looked around at her companions. They didn't seem averse to the newcomer at all. "Please do tag along and it's off to get cider we go!"

Elsa bounded off in the direction her nose indicated completely forgetting to shake hands with the previous newcomer.
Menelve
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Bookwyrm » Dec 21, 2011 11:05 pm

"That was weird," Sylvia muttered and continued walking away.

Nathanael nodded and smiled and pretended to be following the strange woman's rambling stream-of-consciousness dialogue.

"A friend of mine actually has a magical artifact something like that. It's a ring though."
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby PrinceCor004 » Dec 21, 2011 11:11 pm

"I believe Lady A is an Overlord or Overlady somewhere... I think. Seems like that was her most recent job description." at that moment, Lady Z bounded up complaining about the attention her older sister was getting. "Being a guy and being fine with my loner status, I won't bother with commiserating her social status."

"The names Ben, by the way." Ben said giving a slight wave to Lady Z.

The boundless energy of Elsa was tiring to say the least, but they were finally at the mansion and soon, very soon, would be drinking warm cider. Hopefully, by a giant roaring fireplace with comfy chairs....
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Lady Arwen » Dec 21, 2011 11:18 pm

Lady A laughed lightly.

"No worries! I am enjoying it quite as much as you. I would love to meet your wife," she said, smiling. "You see, this is my first time really out of my home universe, and I have never met any other travelers like myself. Thus, I am quite interested in comparing notes. Would you mind telling me more about more about your world's theories, and the wormhole? I've heard of wormholes, but they have remained quite elusive."

"That sounds cool...um...oh, bother, I'm sorry," Lady A said to the man. "I don't think I know your name."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby The Jedi Clone » Dec 22, 2011 11:46 am

Jeddine sighed, she was tired of standing outside in the snow waiting for the scary man with the cape to move. She could now see a Lady who looked quite familiar, with a gasp she recognized her. It was Lady A, and she was talking to a odd looking fairy, thing. "Lady A!" She squeaked in happiness, if her Overlady was here maybe other minions of the castle were as well.

Cautiously she walked towards the gateway and the scary man in a cape. She hoped that he wouldn't see her, she wanted to go find other minions of the castle as quickly as possible, hopefully without talking to strangers, her sister had always been harsh about that. She sipped her coffee which had (thankfully) arrived with her.
RL Sister to Melian Maia
Adopted Sister to Weirdo and Gildor_Inglorien
The Jedi Clone
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby zlcva » Dec 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Zace sighed happily. At least there's something familiar here, he thought as he followed Elsa, who had rambled on so quickly he didn't have a chance to introduce himself when she asked his name.

"Thanks," he said when she finally stopped. "I'm Zace Nalum, by the way. Nice to meet you."

--

Zack pulled his coat tighter around him as the snow began to collect on him.

"Well, I don't know about you," he said to Liam, "But I'm getting cold. I'm heading inside. See you around."

He quickly ducked inside the Mansion and brushed the snow off his hat and coat. Spotting a fire going in a nearby fireplace, he parked himself in front of it and proceeded to warm himself. It wasn't quite warm enough for his liking, however, since it looked like it had been a while since it had last been tended. Zack reached into his trench coat pocket and pulled out a sonic screwdriver, which had been turned from simple Earth toy to the real thing as a result of his journey to Ditto Town. A quick sonic later, the fire roared to a more satisfactory level.
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby MountainFireflower » Dec 22, 2011 12:35 pm

"Thanks for the welcome. I guess you're right," Liam mumbled quietly as Zack walked away. Then he sat down once again on the edge of the fountain. Maybe he'd figure out what was going on by the power of pure observance.

---

Menelve wrote:"Sister? You two are sisters?" Elsa looked the girl up and down. "Nope, definitely don't remember you. My name's Elsa. What's yours?" Elsa held out her hand to shake. "We're heading over for cider. Would you care to join us? And why on earth should we commiserate about Lady A's crowd? We just have to make our crowd larger." She nodded primly.

"Yeah, we are sisters. Do we look alike? My mom says we do." Lady Z sighed. "Don't remember you either, but it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Lady Z." She nodded. "Sure. Cider sounds wonderful right about now. I'm quite in the mood for some refreshments."

Lady Z then waved to Ben and Zace, introducing herself kindly. This was one of the first places she'd gone where her reputation had not preceded her. It was nice to have some new friends.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I'm getting cold out here. Why don't we all go inside?"
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby PrinceCor004 » Dec 22, 2011 1:59 pm

"Sounds great to me..." without hesitating, Ben ducked into the mansion. The smell of fresh cider mingled with the aroma of fresh treats and the unmistakable, homey smell of a fireplace. Woohoo! This is going to be an excellent party.

After securing some hot cider, Ben found a rather large chair to sit in by the fireplace. "Doctor Who fan, I see..." Ben said to Zack before sipping some of his drink.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby MountainFireflower » Dec 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Lady Z followed suit, also entering the Mansion. She glanced over her shoulder, hoping that Elsa would come as well.

As soon as she entered, Christmas cheer seemed to surround her all at once. It was much warmer inside the Mansion, and also very festive. The blast of heat from the fireplace seemed to slap her in the face, chasing away the harsh chill of winter weather. She enjoyed the fire's crackling warmth for a moment, and then looked around the room. "Now, to see about locating that cider-stuff."
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Menelve » Dec 22, 2011 5:35 pm

"Oh lovely. Being warm and inside sounds lovely right about now. I did not dress warmly enough." Elsa shivered under her thin cape. Then she bounded after the rest into the mansion. After grabbing a hot cup of cider she settled herself by the roaring fire. Soon she lost herself in contemplation of the unusual flames. They were far too large to be sustained by the amount of wood present.

She heard Ben say, "Doctor Who fan, I see..."

"Doctor Who? Who is that?" she asked Ben. Her eyes fell on the man sitting in the next armchair over fingering an oddly shaped tool. "Ah ha! That's what did it!" She almost spilled her cider from excitement. "You used that metal wand thingy to enchant the fire! What is it?" She crept forward on her knees trying to get a better view.

"I'm Elsa the fairy, by the way."
Menelve
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby PrinceCor004 » Dec 22, 2011 5:49 pm

"It's a TV show and a fictional character... though he may actually be real, knowing how Ditto Town works. Anyway, he is a Timelord and British. He..." Ben suddenly realized that Elsa had turned her attention form him to Zack.

"That, my dear girl, is a sonic screwdriver..." the young man said with a smile before sitting back in his chair, watching the childlike Elsa and wondering how the other man would react to her.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby zlcva » Dec 22, 2011 6:29 pm

Zack held out the screwdriver to let Elsa get a better look at it (and from a more comfortable distance). He was about to explain, but Ben beat him to it, so he just nodded in affirmation.

"Yeah, the Doctor's probably in one of these realities. I actually know a guy who met a Time Lord. They ended up saving the multiverse with a bunch of other people." He trailed off, thinking back. It had only been a couple years since he had... chronicled that story. (Oh my, had it really been a couple years already?) But he had no idea at what point in Ditto Town's history he was, or even if it was the same Ditto Town that he had known. He didn't recognize any of the people there, which wasn't entirely surprising, but he was unsure if they were just newcomers, or if he was in a parallel Ditto Town. Let's find out, he thought.

"Tell me, have any of you heard of the Fountain Fellowship?"

By this time, Zace had followed the rest of the group in and had caught this part of the conversation. His interest was piqued now, and he was very curious to see where things would go from here.
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext