This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Narnia Pop-Up Book

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Narnia Pop-Up Book

Postby Mischief_3lf » Dec 07, 2010 4:29 am

I don't know if this has been mentioned here before (I searched and didn't see anything though the books been out since 2007 but anyway) but I just discovered the book the other day and had to pick it up! I've always liked pop-up books as a little kid but I hadn't even looked at a pop up book in... it's gotta be over 15 years. But I just got it today and I thought it was great! Anyone have this? The pop-ups are amazing. They sure have come a long way from the pop ups I remember.

It's got like one pop up spread for each narnia book starting with Magicians Nephew and ending with The Last Battle. I would have preferred if they just made a whole set and gave each book it's own pop up book but anyway, I thought it was great.

Here are a couple pictures I took of my favorite pages... There's another page I really like but it's too hard to get it to look right and take the picture so there you go... None of the pictures do the book justice though... the book is a lot bigger than it looks too. I dunno, I think it's a must have for any Narnia fan... even if you feel your too old for pop-up books :P I was excited about it anyway...
Attachments
IMG_0244.JPG
The Horse and His Boy...
IMG_0244.JPG (69.35 KiB) Viewed 10788 times
IMG_0242.JPG
The Last Battle...
IMG_0242.JPG (72.5 KiB) Viewed 10788 times
IMG_0241.JPG
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe...
IMG_0241.JPG (128.54 KiB) Viewed 10788 times
Mischief_3lf
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Narnia Pop-Up Book

Postby H Tide » Dec 12, 2010 1:27 pm

Ah, yes, that was a wonderfully detailed pop-up book! I received it as a Christmas gift a couple years ago and thought the illustrations were quite good. My two-year-old cousin loved the book as well, always requesting to see the "lion" book. :)
H Tide
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Aravis Narnia » Dec 12, 2010 7:15 pm

I bought it last year and gave it as a Christmas present to a colleague for her two little girls. Very good introduction to Narnia.
Aravis Narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Quinlin » Feb 01, 2011 1:57 pm

I saw this book a while a go, sometime after LWW came out. It's very beautifully done and the drawings are so detailed. I love how realistic the pop-out pictures actually look and how certain aspects, for example the sails of the Dawn Treader and the reins on the horse are made out of fabric, adding a very nice texture to the drawings. I'm happy that they basically incorporated Pauline Bayne's illustrations for all of the storybook pages. Actually, Border's bookstore had it for $10 at some point, which was rather a lovely price! The only trouble I find with it, is that due to the large pop-ups, it doesn't always cooperate on closing nicely so that I can fit back on its space on my shelf. Nonetheless, I love it! :)
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub

Postby wolfloversk » Nov 10, 2011 8:50 am

My Pastor's son has this. They were showing it to me at VBS last summer, because they knew I was I die hard fan. It is awesome :D
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Nov 11, 2011 2:25 pm

Aww, that's really cute and cool! :) I love the style of the illustrations of the pop-up things a lot. As said above, I think this is a good introduction to Narnia for children who are still a little young to read the books, with a little summary of each Chronicle to help understand the pictures.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby coracle » Nov 12, 2011 1:05 pm

This is an exquisite piece of paper art from a real master. It is almost too good for children. I've got another book he did of the 12 Days of Christmas, and it's gorgeous.

Buy it if you get a chance.(either of these!!)
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby narnialuver » Nov 13, 2011 7:39 am

I have this one. It is well done. I have a another that i think is by the same person the copyright on it is Robert Sabuda and the pop-ups in the Narnia one are by him too

Edit: I have just found out that it is by him. and the book is about castles.

The Hobbit in theaters: 14 December 2012
narnialuver
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Aslans_Jewel » Dec 25, 2011 9:18 am

I actually got this pop-up book quite a while ago. Still have it. Its pretty awesome. :)
Aslans_Jewel
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jan 04, 2012 6:15 pm

I actually got this pop up book last year for Christmas. I think it's absolutely gorgeous, and am always astounded at just how it works.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod