This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Narnian Female

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Which of these young women is the most wonderful?

Lucy (LWW/PC/VDT)
49%
Susan (LWW/PC)
10%
Aravis (HHB)
19%
Polly (MN)
1%
Jill (SC/LB)
17%
Helen (MN)
1%
Ramandu's Daughter (VDT)
2%
Lasraleen (HHB)
No votes
Gwendolen (PC)
1%
Other (please specify)
1%

Total votes : 172

Re: Favorite Narnian Female

Postby smartypants » Dec 13, 2010 1:20 pm

I chose Lucy because of her child-like faith. Cliche answer, but it's true. No matter how old she got she always believed in Narnia and Aslan. Did she have her moments? Sure, but overall she was so faithful.
smartypants
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby moo25 » Dec 13, 2010 5:00 pm

I chose Jill because of her attitude and even when she was scared she still tried her hardest. I also loved it that she admitted she was showing off in Silver Chair, and the friendship she has with Eustace is wonderful :D
I stand with the Lord at my side, always.
For Narnia and the North!
Be the change you want to see in the world.

moo25
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Elvenhelm » Dec 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Everybody's picking the strong characters. I picked Lucy, of course. She's "The Valiant" after all. Usually thinking of everyone else and doing the right thing even when it's hard.
"Thus Fingolfin came alone to Angband's gates, and he sounded his horn, and smote once more upon the brazen doors, and challenged Morgoth to come forth to single combat. And Morgoth came."
Elvenhelm
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Angelwings_The_Faun » Dec 14, 2010 1:44 pm

I have to say, I have a real soft spot for Lucy. While her character is adorable (she reminds me of my little sister), she actually portrays the most faith in Aslan throughout the entire saga. She was the first of the Pevensies to find Narnia, she was the first to make friends with a faun (Mr. Tumnus, btw, being one of my favorite Narnian characters), she was the first to say that they needed to stay and fix their mistakes, she was the first to follow Aslan to the Stone Table, and she was the first to follow him alone in PC. Lucy was the one to figure out that the Eustace was the dragon, she was the first to recognize Caspian in VoDT....the list goes on. She's a whole world of firsts, and although I relate to Susan being the more "logical" of the two sisters, I really admire Lucy's character. :)
"None of this fazes us ...I'm absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love..." Romans 8:39
Angelwings_The_Faun
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby georgiefan1 » Jan 26, 2011 8:29 am

I love Lucy :) her faith and love of Narnia I have always really admired. She knows what she belives and doesn't let other people tell her otherwise :)
NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lucy_the_Oracle » Jan 31, 2011 3:53 pm

I have to go with Lucy. Jill is a really, really close second, but she's still second. :p Lucy is just so sweet, and caring, and faithful. She never gives up and never let's go of what she believes in. And even though she struggles, she trusts Aslan to take care of her. She's been my inspiration for years. :)
As long as there is breath in my body, I will be For Narnia. And for Aslan.
Lucy_the_Oracle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lu_valient » Jan 31, 2011 5:13 pm

Lucy_the_Oracle wrote:I have to go with Lucy. Jill is a really, really close second, but she's still second. :p Lucy is just so sweet, and caring, and faithful. She never give up and never let's go of what she believes in. And even though she struggles, she trusts Aslan to take care of her. She's been my inspiration for years. :)

I agree with you, but for me it's a tie between Lucy, Jill, and Aravis.
made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby puddleglum32 » Feb 27, 2011 3:09 pm

I love lucy because she never loses her faith in Aslan and Narnia, and her friends and family.

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby TheWarriorQueen » Jul 15, 2011 8:45 pm

I voted for Lucy because I love how much faith she has in Aslan and even though she seems the closest to him out of all her siblings she still has weaknesses like we all do.
I also like the fact that she's tough! A true Warrior Queen indeed. :ymapplause:

Credit for this awesome signature goes to Tarkheena! :) Thanks SO much T!
TheWarriorQueen
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Aug 21, 2011 11:32 am

I voted for Aravis. I like her a lot because of her tomboy-like personality. She is a lot tougher than most of the young women in Narnia(though a lot of them have had very strong moments), and she is very smart. I like how her personality was shown when she was with Lasaraleen.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Katana » Aug 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Im the only one who likes Gwendolen best?! what is this lol :p
Im not inactive just very very busy
-Katana, Member of the Midnight Society, Weapons afficionado of the castle of Ivory&Gold, esteemed owner of a flying pickle
Katana
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Sitting on a sunny windowsill in the back hallway reading a book

Postby Alice_WL » Oct 02, 2011 12:12 pm

I picked Lucy.. She's beautiful not only in physical beauty but in spirit as well.. She has a very lovely personality all around. She's hardly ever cruel to anyone and she's a lovely person to be around.. ^_^
"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First
Alice_WL
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lilygloves » Oct 27, 2011 3:31 am

I voted for Jill, mostly because I have fond memories of reading SC. I almost voted for Aravis because she's so tough but still feminine without being crazy feminine. I almost voted for Lucy because she is in a way the "main character" of the Sons of Adam and Daughters of Eve, but I really like Jill. She's imperfect, but still does her best. Her flaws seem very relatable.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby princesslucy28 » Feb 08, 2012 6:33 am

LUCY! LUCY! LUCY! love that gal she is so sweet her loyalty to narnia is unbelivable... she is my ultimate role model...
xoxoxo
princesslucy28
princesslucy28
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby SnakeEyes » May 23, 2012 9:17 pm

I like Lucy the best. She was probably the nicest, sweetest one in the book and closest to Aslan. On the other hand I can't stand the White Witch. She reminds me of me Grade 7 teacher *shudders*
Proud Satanist
SnakeEyes
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby NarniaLullaby » Jun 12, 2012 1:38 pm

Lucy, without a doubt. Without her, the Pevensies wouldn't have made it to Narnia when they did. :) Lucy's also just such a sweet, compassionate character.
"If my heart was a house, you'd be home."
~ Owl City
Signature image found at
SpareOom.net
NarniaLullaby
NarniaWeb Newbie

PreviousNext