This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

MN Being Made, SC Script Being Written

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Re: MN Being Made, SC Script Being Written

Postby Anhun » Sep 26, 2011 3:53 pm

On the one hand, the Narniafans source is a journalist, yes. On the other hand, he's not reporting his information in a proper periodical or other publication that is held to standards of authenticity. So, I say in this instance he's not any more credible than coracle.

several other fan sites asked Walden if it was true and the Walden people didn't seem to know!

Actually, the Walden people said that they were still trying to negotiate with the C.S. Lewis Estate. If coracle and kitty are right and Walden's Narnia rights expired, does that automatically mean they have permanently lost their chance to make the other 4 books into movies? Or is it possible that the negotiations they were talking about revolved around trying to regain the rights with a new contract?
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Glumpuddle » Sep 26, 2011 7:51 pm

There's really nothing here we didn't already know. MN is "in development" (translation: people are sitting around a table going "uhh, what now?"). I guess if an SC script is being written, that would be news, but not that surprising.

There will never come a day when it is officially announced there will be no more Narnia films.

But lets face it, even if another film is green-lit, the situation doesn't look good. The fact that we have heard nothing strongly indicates that the parties involved are not happy, and that there is very little confidence in a fourth film.
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby Movie Aristotle » Sep 26, 2011 8:58 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:I don't believe it. Sorry. They cited IMDb as a source. So lets compare, Walden and the C.S. Lewis Estate vs IMDb. Hmm... I wonder.

The last thing we heard officially from Walden was that they "stated emphatically that they are still pursing another Narnia film and that they are continuing discussions with the C.S. Lewis Estate to make that a reality." And we haven't heard anything official from the C.S. Lewis Estate saying that the films would not continue through Walden, -unless you have some insider information that hasn't been shared?

coracle wrote:A while ago some truthful information was obtained and presented on Narniaweb, stating that Walden was no longer making Narnia films.
This has not changed.

Actually this was changed. There have been two updates to the story more-or-less negating the statement that Walden had dropped the franchise.

coracle wrote:I am the person who obtained the information from the official source, and I assure you that Walden no longer has the rights.

Intriguing. I don't doubt you, but would it be possible to clarify who your official source is?

fantasia_kitty wrote:I apologize to everyone for the confusion, which I fully admit I played a part in. We were hoping to wait to post a news story to clear things up until we got some official information we could share publicly, but it looks like at this point that's not about to happen. Tirian and I will see what we can do.

We certainly forgive you. Could happen to anyone. We would appreciate an update though, even if it is a "no news" story. Even after reading this thread I'm still confused as to what happened in June to prompt the news story that Walden had dropped the franchise. :-\
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby coracle » Sep 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Anhun wrote:On the one hand, the Narniafans source is a journalist, yes. On the other hand, he's not reporting his information in a proper periodical or other publication that is held to standards of authenticity. So, I say in this instance he's not any more credible than coracle.

several other fan sites asked Walden if it was true and the Walden people didn't seem to know!

Actually, the Walden people said that they were still trying to negotiate with the C.S. Lewis Estate. If coracle and kitty are right and Walden's Narnia rights expired, does that automatically mean they have permanently lost their chance to make the other 4 books into movies? Or is it possible that the negotiations they were talking about revolved around trying to regain the rights with a new contract?

I have been a journalist and know about accuracy and discretion in reporting.
I am also in the awkward position of having information that is unpopular (but still true) while I cannot disclose my source. But as a mod here since early 2004, I assure you I have been truthful - and that I not only love Narnia but am very keen to see more films made.
The problem in Walden seemed to be that the people making comments did not seem to up to date with the information (which happens in large organisations sometimes).
I do not know whether Walden will be offered the chance to regain the rights in the future; this is the only possible scenario I can think of in which they would be making new films. It doesn't seem likely at the moment.

Tirian and Fantasia were hoping for a full announcement to be made, but I am beginning to think Walden may not make one.

Movie Aristotle, you asked:
Actually this was changed. There have been two updates to the story more-or-less negating the statement that Walden had dropped the franchise.

and
coracle wrote:I am the person who obtained the information from the official source, and I assure you that Walden no longer has the rights.

Intriguing. I don't doubt you, but would it be possible to clarify who your official source is?

1. What I was saying was that the information I reported had not changed - the facts had not changed. Responses to the facts did not change the facts.
2. Sorry but if it had been all right to identify my source, this whole uncomfortable patch would not have happened. And I'm not playing "I know something you don't", I just don't have the right, even though I was assured that the information was correct.
Even after reading this thread I'm still confused as to what happened in June to prompt the news story that Walden had dropped the franchise.

3. What happened was that I was told the information. I checked what I had been told, and asked if it could be mentioned on Narniaweb. As I was given permission I notified the moderators and a brief story was posted.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby coracle » Sep 27, 2011 10:58 am

“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Sep 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Hey, let's not give up hope. In Prince Caspian, the Pevensies were in denial that Aslan was not there, but yet Lucy persisted on, and there He was.

Even if the Narnia movie franchise is in halt position at the moment, I'm going to keep persistently visiting NarniaWeb and other news sources for Narnia until I find what I'm looking for.

I will also be a dedicated book fan even if there are no more films to ever see the light of day. We all know the stories of the books will be forever read, even if no more films are being filmed.

Be strong. Think of Aslan. Think of Narnia.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby 220chrisTian » Sep 27, 2011 4:57 pm

@Louloudi: Thank you! I completely agree! And I love the PC illustration because it fits perfectly. PC was all about faith in Aslan, faith before sight, and now Narnia fans have to exercise that faith. I firmly believe the old Walden franchise has died, but God will resurrect it with someone else. :)

BREAKING NEWS
Middle-earth Network tweeted the following 2 hours ago!

"Confirmed. Live interview with Douglas Gresham, stepson of C.S. Lewis and Narnia co-producer on Oct. 15th. On @MyMeRadio"

You know what this means, don't you? If the network is smart, they'll get some franchise future answers out of Gresham. Who wants to transcribe this interview? :)
220chrisTian

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 27, 2011 6:49 pm

Huh, that's pretty cool. I've kind of lost touch with the people who run Middle-Earth Network or I'd shoot them an email suggesting they ask him about the movies. But Maerech will probably think of that himself.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Sep 29, 2011 8:01 am

ooh that could be cool :D maybe Douglas Gresham will be able to tell us more about when we can expect the next Narnia movie! :D :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby SilverSea » Sep 29, 2011 6:52 pm

Well, October 15th is the date of truth! *fingers crosses* :)
SilverSea
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Oct 01, 2011 9:09 am

Well, now that we know what is going on with the Narnia film series right now, we would assume that the journalist was lying or something like that. However, on September 28, he made many tweets out after some fans responded the Walden's rights to the series that expired. One I find interesting in the midst of all the posts talking on how Walden and Fox still want to do the series, he tells us again that Walden and Fox are still hoping to make at least 2 more Narnia films, and that they both hope to release them in 2014 and 2015, and that one is being developed and one is being scripted.

I think that the journalist is combining true and false information. It's true at this point that the rights have expired for Walden and that they will try to renew that contract within a matter of years and continue the films. What I think is false is that MN will release in 2014 and SC will release in 2015. Those release dates are on IMDb, and that's not a very accurate movie website. And I think if Walden were to renew their contract with the Estate, it would be much longer than a three years before we see MN on the big screen.

Then again, do we even know how long Walden or any other film company will have the chance to get the rights to the Narnia series? Well, I certainly don't know at all.

Well, let's wait a few years and then we'll find out.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby coracle » Oct 01, 2011 1:48 pm

Louloudi, I don't think anyone was lying, but the person from Walden who disagreed with our first news item about this was just not up to date with the situation (but thought they were). So we had two points of view, each sincerely held, and of course most people hoped the Walden reply was the actual state of play.
I don't know who the journalist is, and don't have twitter, so can't comment on his messages. Probably the information was what Walden etc were still hoping to do. (I understand that Walden hoped to get the rights again).
But with their rights expired, they can no longer work on script development for the stories.

coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby D-T » Oct 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Well, you know what they say, if something sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
(D-T words of wisdom =)) )
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSS
D-T
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: My head is in the clouds, Im not really sure what the rest of me is doing...

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Oct 12, 2011 2:24 pm

@coracle I didn't think anybody was lying either, I was just thinking that the journalist had gotten information mixed up. But thank you for clearing that up for me. Now I understand what's going on, or what we know of that is going on.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for this Friday, the day of truth with Douglas Gresham in his interview. I don't think it will go too in depth though, not saying too much more than Walden let the rights expire for this reason and that we are are now waiting a few years to resell the rights or something. But we'll have to see.

In the mean time, "Further up and further in!"
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby AslansChild » Oct 13, 2011 7:21 am

I saw this on NarniaFrance, anyone care to translate?

Voici le casting de Narnia le fauteuil d'Argent SORTIE 2015

Une mission de miséricorde envoie deux enfants dans un monde magique dans une autre dimension, Eustace et Jill sont deux écoliers qui découvrent que misfit un abri de jardin sur les motifs de l'école est en fait une passerelle vers le monde magique de Narnia. Eustance avait visité années Narnia avant, et est troublé de découvrir roi Caspian a considérablement vieilli. Caspienne est troublé par la disparition de son fils, le prince Rilian, qui avait été enlevé années plus tôt. Avec l'aide de l'assistant du Roi et de la Puddlegum enchantée lion Aslan, Eustace et Jill mis à la recherche du prince perdu et le réunir avec son père.

ASLAN: Liam Neeson
Neeson serait l'un des trois seuls membres du casting de retour de ces films précédents, cependant, il serait la continuité de ce monde. Il a exprimé Aslan parfaitement majestueuse et royale comme il se doit.

EUSTACE: Will Poulter L'acteur 2ème au retour de la franchise serait Will Poulter que Eustace Scrubb. Il a été l'une des parties les plus agréables de TEV, et apporté son personnage exactement comme le livre.

JILL: Dakota Blue Richards Image
Dakota n'est pas étranger à la fantaisie d'avoir eu le rôle principal dans le film "The Golden Compass!" Elle est à peu près le même âge que Poulter si elles n'étaient pas de faire ce film depuis quelques années, ils seraient toujours autour du même âge quand son fait. De plus elle a le courage et les compétences nécessaires pour agir ce rôle.

PRINCE RILIAN: Tom Hiddleston Image
Le rôle du prince Rilian doit être effectuée par un acteur qui a beaucoup de profondeur avec en lui et revenir par les émotions, dans une instance. Hiddleston est le match parfait pour Rilian, à son tour que Loki a prouvé qu'il a ce qu'il faut pour passer de timide, confiant et juste à plat sur ​​tous les fous dans une affaire de secondes.

LA DAME DE LA CEINTURE VERTE: Miranda Richardson Image

Miranda serait parfait comme le méchant dans ce film, elle serait loin de la réutilisation Tilda Swinton nouveau lol. Miranda a été grande que la Reine Mab dans la mini-série Merlin, et il tiendrait droite comme la Dame Verte.

PUDDLEGLUM: Bill Nighy
Le projet de loi était à l'origine en charge la voix du personnage de Ripitchip Mais je pense Puddleglum est plus adapté à son égard. Il a le construire et juste la présence sur tous ce qui est nécessaire pour une manœuvre marais.

Le vieux roi Caspian: Jeremy Irons
Dans ce conte années ont passé depuis que nous avons vu la mer Caspienne, il est un roi vieux et frêle s'apprête à entrer dans son lit de mort. Jeremy Irons est monter sur ses années et je pense qu'il est à ce point où il pourrait jouer un Caspienne personnes âgées à l'écran. Il serait bien travailler hors du Hiddleston aussi.

LA MÈRE REINE: Cate Blanchett
Son rôle est de loin le plus crucial de tout le film, parce qu'il est sa mort qui met en place toute la parcelle. Blanchett serait bien travailler comme la reine de Narnia et sa mère Rilians.

TRUMPKIN: Peter Dinklage
Peter Dinklage est le membre de la distribution finale de retourner dans les films précédents. Il a une camée petite au début, mais une question importante.

GLIMFEATHER LA CHOUETTE: Martin Short (VOIX / MOCAP)
Martin Short serait le dernier bout de casting pour ce film. Il serait Glimfeather le hibou qui rencontre d'abord les enfants à Narnia et les prend à la cour de Narnia et le Marshwiggles. Il effectuerait le personnage à travers mocap / doublage.

ET ENCORE PLUS IMPRESSIONNANT J'AI APPRIS QUE NARNIA "LE NEVEUX DU MAGICIEN" ALLAIS SORTIR EN 2014.

Donc j'avais raison au tout début quand je disait qu'ils vont filmer les deux film en même temps.

Selon une source non officielle, mais quelqu'un qui semble avoir beaucoup de faits exacts et être au courant de beaucoup de choses, "Le Neveu du magicien est en développement et Le Fauteuil d'argent est dans l'étape du scénario."
Ceci est très intéressant, et nous ne pouvons que deviner ce que cela signifie au-delà des textes simples. Quand un film est en développement, il peut signifier plusieurs choses, comme la liste des films «en production» sur IMDb Pro inclut de nombreux films à différentes étapes. En fait, comme d'écrire ces lignes il ya 141 pages de films en production, avec environ 30 films par page.Il peut signifier pratiquement n'importe quoi.Un film énumérés ici peuvent ne pas être le feu vert encore, mais la phase suivante est la pré-production et qui est suivie par le tournage, la post-production et la libération.

L'étape du scénario signifie juste qu'ils sont écrit un script exploratoire, probablement la première ébauche.

Il est probable que la personne qui a tweeté cela obtenu l'information d'IMDb Pro, cependant, nous devrions tous prendre cela avec un grain de sel, peu importe comment nous sommes excités à la perspective de la poursuite des Chroniques de Narnia sur le grand écran.

Il a depuis mis à jour, disant la chose suivante: "Next est le neveu du magicien. A partir de maintenant, Fauteuil d'argent suivrait. L'étape du scénario signifie simplement que le script est écrit.C'est officiel, mais pas encore annoncé. Eh bien en ce moment Neveu du magicien est projeté communiqué de 2014 et Le fauteuil d'Argent 2015.Mais SC est en fait plus loin dans le développement. "

Larry a 411 "Source pour MN info est Walden, source de SC est Fox 2000."
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fantasia » Oct 13, 2011 11:24 am

Here is the cast of Narnia The Silver Chair 2015 OUTPUT

A mission of mercy sends two children to a magical world in another dimension, Eustace and Jill are two misfit schoolchildren who discover that a garden shed on the grounds of the school is actually a gateway to the magical world of Narnia. Eustance had visited Narnia years before, and is troubled to discover King Caspian has aged considerably. Caspian is troubled by the disappearance of his son, Prince Rilian, who was kidnapped years ago. With the help of the Wizard King and Puddlegum enchanted lion Aslan, Eustace and Jill set out to find the lost prince and reunite with his father.

ASLAN: Liam Neeson
Neeson is one of only three cast members returning from the previous films, however, it is the continuity of this world. He expressed Aslan perfectly majestic and royal as it should.

EUSTACE: The actor Will Poulter second return of the franchise would be Eustace Scrubb that Will Poulter. It was one of the most enjoyable parts of VDT, and brought his character just like the book.

JILL: Dakota Blue Richards
Dakota is no stranger to the fantasy of having the lead role in the film "The Golden Compass" It is about the same age as Poulter if not to make this film for some years, they would still be around the same age when its done. In addition, she has the courage and skills to do this role.

PRINCE RILIAN: Tom Hiddleson
The role of the prince Rilian must be performed by an actor who has a lot of depth with him and return by emotions, in a proceeding. Hiddleston is the perfect match for Rilian in turn that Loki has proved he has what it takes to go from shy, confident and just flat all the crazy in a matter of seconds.

THE LADY OF THE GREEN KIRTLE: Miranda Richardson
Miranda would be perfect as the villain in this film, it would be far from the reuse Tilda Swinton again lol. Miranda was great as Queen Mab in the miniseries Merlin, and would fit right as the Green Lady.

PUDDLEGLUM: Bill Nighy
The bill was originally supported the voice of the character of Reepicheep Puddleglum But I think is more suited to him. He has the build and just the presence of all that is needed to maneuver a swamp.

The old King Caspian: Jeremy Irons
In this tale years have passed since we saw the Caspian Sea, it is an old and frail King is about to enter his deathbed. Jeremy Irons is up on his years and I think it is so he could play a Caspian elderly on the screen. It would work well out of Hiddleston too.

QUEEN MOTHER: Cate Blanchett
Its role is by far the most crucial of the entire film, because it is his death that sets up the entire plot. Blanchett would work well as the Queen of Narnia and his mother Rilians.

TRUMPKIN: Peter Dinklage
Peter Dinklage is the final cast member to return to the previous films. It has a small cameo at first, but an important question.

GLIMFEATHER THE OWL: Martin Short (voice / MOCAP)
Martin Short is the last bit of casting for this film. It would Glimfeather the owl who first meets the children to Narnia and takes to the court of Narnia and Marshwiggles. He would carry the character through mocap / dubbing.

AND EVEN MORE AWESOME I LEARNED THAT NARNIA "THE WIZARD OF NEVEUX" ALLAIS OUT IN 2014.

So I was right at the very beginning when I said they will film the two movies together.

According to an unofficial source, but someone who seems to have very accurate facts and be aware of many things, "The Magician's Nephew is under development and The Silver Chair is in the script stage."
This is very interesting, and we can only guess what that means beyond the simple text. When a film is in development, it can mean many things, such as the list of films "in production" on IMDb Pro includes many films at different stages. In fact, as of this writing there are 141 pages of films in production, with about 30 films a page.Il can mean almost any film quoi.Un listed here may not be the green light yet, but the phase Next is the pre-production and is followed by the shooting, post production and release.

The script stage just means they are writing a script exploratory, probably the first draft.

It is likely that the person who tweeted it obtained the information from IMDb Pro, however, we should all take this with a grain of salt, however we are excited at the prospect of continuing in the Chronicles of Narnia big screen.

It has been updated, saying the following: "Next is the nephew of the magician. From now on, Silver Chair would follow. The script stage simply means that the script is écrit.C is official, but not yet announced. Well now Magician's Nephew is projected release of 2014 and The Silver Chair 2015.Mais SC is actually later in development. "

Larry has 411 "source for info is MN Walden, SC source is Fox 2000."

Here's the approximate Google Translator version. The person is combining IMDb Pro's incorrect information with their own fan casting.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext