This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

MN Being Made, SC Script Being Written

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

MN Being Made, SC Script Being Written

Postby Ithilwen » Sep 25, 2011 3:27 am

According to http://www.narniafans.com/, there's two Narnia movies in the making. They say SC is further in development, although MN will be released first. Given release dates are 2014 and 2015.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Re: MN Being Made, SC Script Being Written

Postby Lady Lilliandil » Sep 25, 2011 6:40 am

I just read this this morning!! :D I think that as long as they have a some-what plan that we should be optimistic about it. Sure it would be great if they started filming one right now and we had an over flow of news. . . but we don't. So I think the only thing we can do is hope :D I only thing I'm worried about is Will's age. He is going to be a lot older than what he is now, and I don't want them to have to find a new kid. :p I guess all we can do is wait ;)
Avie by:MissAdventure
siggy by:LucyP0104
Caspian + Lilliandil
"Love NEVER fails"
Lady Lilliandil
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fantasia » Sep 25, 2011 8:45 am

I don't believe it. Sorry. They cited IMDb as a source. So lets compare, Walden and the C.S. Lewis Estate vs IMDb. Hmm... I wonder.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby outlier » Sep 25, 2011 10:07 am

The word's "according to an unofficial source" kinda make me not believe it. And even with the new edit, I think I'll wait it out until we hear something from Walden/Fox/C.S. Lewis Estate.
Signature by Tarkheena, Avatar by Ithilwen
Sneaky Ninja of the Lurkers Club
outlier
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Sep 25, 2011 12:09 pm

Well, after hearing some other news that Walden's rights to the series expired, I was kind of in disbelief when I saw this. I'm not saying I fully believe this, but I don't think this is completely made up. Here are two points of my interest.

1. The person reporting this on their Twitter account is a journalist. He could have received information he misunderstood. But the thing about this is at least he is not just a random person on Twitter.

2. His sources are listed. For MN, his source was Walden Media. For SC, his source was Fox 2000. These are real and very accurate sources.

But here's the thing. IMDb lists MN as coming out in 2014 and SC in 2015. So does the journalist, and IMDb is sometimes even less accurate than Wikipedia. And IMDb has listed both these release dates since late March/ April of this year.

And also yesterday's report from a moderator on here kind of had me disbelieving this at first. Even Mr. Martin, who posted this news, doesn't even know if this is real yet I've heard. He said it could be a week.

I'm a bit lost for words right now. This morning I almost got a headache straining to know what could be going on, and I still don't know. Some people I know have suggested that the rights have been sold to another company, though I think that is impossible or highly unlikely.

Well, let's give it some time and wait and see what happens. I'm really confused to the extreme. In the meantime, I'm resorting to reading the books again and debating about those.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Bother Eustace » Sep 25, 2011 2:43 pm

I read this story last night. Honestly, I have no idea whether it has any factual basis or not. If it is true, then great. But there's probably a lot higher chance that nothing will come of this. On the plus side, it was nice to get a small feeling of Narnia-related excitement, if only for nostalgia's sake: I used to check NarniaWeb for news everyday for years, but sadly since VDT I've just been here a lot less. This news, whether its true or not, may have been enough to revive the Narniac in me, for old time's sake. :)

Wow, that realization was kind of depressing... I need to go re-read the series again. :p No matter what happens, we'll always have the books!
"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Sig: lover of narnia
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lilygloves » Sep 25, 2011 4:35 pm

There's hope... even if it's just a glimmer. I'm cautious to believe it, but that makes me feel a LITTLE better.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Bother Eustace » Sep 25, 2011 11:33 pm

"Oh, there's a right bit more than hope! Aslan is on the move!"

Sorry, couldn't resist. It just fit so well. :p Carry on.
"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby coracle » Sep 26, 2011 3:35 am

A while ago some truthful information was obtained and presented on Narniaweb, stating that Walden was no longer making Narnia films.
This has not changed. There are no Narnia films being made, planned or worked on.

So the rumour in this thread is unhelpful - it's wishful thinking, and will only lead to disappointment.

But don't despair. Just be patient, because someone else will get the rights one day. And then we can get excited once again.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Bother Eustace » Sep 26, 2011 7:43 am

Oh really? I never heard that report - last I heard they were still in negotiations. Maybe Walden's report should be posted on the main page, I think that would help put everyone to rest, even if it is saddening. Its better to know for sure than to just be left wondering, I think.
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby CorazonBandido55 » Sep 26, 2011 11:09 am

Bother Eustace wrote:Oh really? I never heard that report - last I heard they were still in negotiations. Maybe Walden's report should be posted on the main page, I think that would help put everyone to rest, even if it is saddening. Its better to know for sure than to just be left wondering, I think.

I agree with Bother Eustace. If Narniaweb received some confirmed information that Walden Media would no longer work on any Narnia movies, then it should be posted on the News page. While it would be very depressing, it would give us some closure on this Narnia movie saga. I'd rather have closure than be chasing a false hope.
your fellow Telmarine
CorazonBandido55
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby coracle » Sep 26, 2011 11:22 am

It was posted on the news page, but several other fan sites asked Walden if it was true and the Walden people didn't seem to know! So it was all a bit muddly.
I am the person who obtained the information from the official source, and I assure you that Walden no longer has the rights. I understand nobody has them at present.

Please trust me on this. I was sad too, but there is hope for the future.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby fantasia » Sep 26, 2011 11:53 am

Didn't seem to know? Walden knows quite well what's going on. But due to everything being passed around second hand and details remaining confidential, things were misinterpreted and the story I posted was misleading to say the least. No mention of the rights expiring were ever publicly stated on our news.

I apologize to everyone for the confusion, which I fully admit I played a part in. We were hoping to wait to post a news story to clear things up until we got some official information we could share publicly, but it looks like at this point that's not about to happen. Tirian and I will see what we can do.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wolfloversk » Sep 26, 2011 12:32 pm

Like I said we're living in the roller coaster ride.

Question for FK, Tirian, coracle or anyone who'd know the answer...

Is it possible/legal for Walden to be working on the scripts even if they don't have the rights? I know scripting usually starts before greenlighting, but I don't know how that relates to the rights.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Sep 26, 2011 2:48 pm

I hope this is true! I am so excited even if it's not true! but I hope it is! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby 220chrisTian » Sep 26, 2011 2:58 pm

coracle & fantasia_kitty: so Walden doesn't hold the rights anymore? I need real proof! I know Walden signed a contract on December 7, 2001. When does/did it expire? I'm thoroughly confused, since this directly contradicts what Paul Martin reported on NarniaFans, and what that reporter said on Twitter. I actually talked to that guy on Twitter on Saturday (via SkandarGeorgie). He pretty much told me what he told to Paul...

Anyway, I wrote an open letter to Walden and the Estate on my Yahoo! blog. Click here to read it.

:-s :-\ :-??
220chrisTian

Next