This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Jill Pole: Appearance, Personality, and Portrayal

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

What does Jill look like to you?

Brunette (brown or black, any shade)
21%
Redhead (red, orange, ginger- any shade
4%
Blond Hair (from white to golden, to "dirty"-any shade)
10%
Hair with Body (straight, curly, crimped a mix- any body)
19%
Straight Hair (self explanatory)
11%
Blue Eyes
6%
Green Eyes
8%
Brown Eyes
7%
Hazel Eyes
13%
Black or Gray Eyes
1%

Total votes : 230

Re: Jill Pole

Postby NothinButNarnia » Oct 26, 2009 11:55 am

hmmmm, that girl doesn't seem to scream "Jill" to me, but the age is right
av / sig by me, PM if you want one
saw the movie opening weekend and cried at the end!
Jesus DIED for ME and YOU!
NothinButNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Oct 26, 2009 12:51 pm

You're right NothinButNarnia, Sammi just doesn't look quite right for the part.

We talked a lot about Jill's characteristics in Silver Chair, but we haven't talked about them in Last Battle. Do you think she still has the stubborness we knew her for in Silver Chair? :ymsmug:
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Jill_Pole! » Oct 26, 2009 2:18 pm

NothinButNarnia, What girl are you talking about? The one I posted or Sammi? :-\
Jill_Pole!
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Watziznehm » Oct 26, 2009 5:19 pm

@ Jill pole. your picture doesn't fit the way I imagined Jill. I always pictured her as more of a tomboy if you know what I mean. Do you know more about her than just "she can do a very good British accent"? Some people may not look the part but look incredibly like it when they are playing it. Is she that kind of girl?
Sig by greenleaf23.
Watziznehm
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby NothinButNarnia » Oct 26, 2009 5:47 pm

Jill Pole, I was talking about the one you posted :)

@ a narnian ship - I think Jill did a lot of growing up between the books, she is much more mature (ex willing to fight for Narnia, even if she looses her life)
av / sig by me, PM if you want one
saw the movie opening weekend and cried at the end!
Jesus DIED for ME and YOU!
NothinButNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Jill_Pole! » Oct 26, 2009 6:01 pm

@Watziznehm
I have seen her often on the streets and I have talked to her a couple of times since we go to the same school. She is actually very tomboyish she never likes wearing skirts, shorts or dresses. I have noticed her being kind of a show off and she told me that she was bullied in elementary school. She is that kind of girl in my opinion, she is very innocent looking and really nice. She got the part of Rizzo in Grease. Rizzo is the meanest of the lead characters and she was really convincing and many people praised her by really turning into that character. People told her nobody could have play the role better ( I went to see the play myself).

@NothinButNarnia- thanks for clearing that up :)
Jill_Pole!
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Watziznehm » Oct 26, 2009 8:45 pm

Ah see, now we are getting somewhere. That sounds like a girl that could play Jill at that.
Sig by greenleaf23.
Watziznehm
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Oct 31, 2009 4:17 pm

About Jill's personality in the Last Battle...

I don't think Jill should lose her spunkiness, (is that a word?) and her bossiness. I just think she should grow up... Her personality shouldn't be cut out, and you should still be able to see who she was in the Silver Chair. If she's grown up too much, then I don't think the movie will be as good. I could be wrong, but I still want to see the Jill we saw in the Silver Chair.

What do you think?
I Like: Your mischevious smile, your rather weird hair, your perverse mind, our occasional annoying conversations, the funny random noises you make, the burning touch of your fingetips on my skin, how you know most of the things on my mind...
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: With Eustace, entering into the beautiful land of Narnia (United States)

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Oct 31, 2009 5:41 pm

Definitetly, JillPoleWannabe123. She still needs to be stubborn, but she uses her "stubborness" for good. She seems to develop into quite a leader(leading Tirian and Eustace through the forest is not the only way she leads). I do agree grown up would be bad; i seem to remember jill criticizing susan in the end of LB for being "such a grown up and only caring about nylons and lipstick". That also gives us a hint of her tomboyishness(quite the word, eh?), which I agree is part of her personality, Watziznehm.
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Nov 02, 2009 8:45 pm

You're right. Jill is a big leader. There are people who follow people, and wait for other to take the lead. Then there are people who would like to lead, but everyone else seems to beat them to it. Jill would not be either of those. Talk about taking the lead!
I hope the casting directors don't choose a girly-girl to play the part. Actually, the actor's personality rubs off on their character. If they pick a girly-girl, then Jill will be portayed like that. Not all actors show their true personality that much, well, enough to alter the performance. I just don't want her to be into, "nylons and lipstick"!
You know what I mean?? :D
I Like: Your mischevious smile, your rather weird hair, your perverse mind, our occasional annoying conversations, the funny random noises you make, the burning touch of your fingetips on my skin, how you know most of the things on my mind...
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: With Eustace, entering into the beautiful land of Narnia (United States)

Postby Watziznehm » Nov 02, 2009 10:02 pm

I totally know what you mean. She's a hunting, bow and arrow, in the woods kind of girl. The kind that would rather be caught dead with an arrow through the eye than with lipstick on.
Sig by greenleaf23.
Watziznehm
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Nov 05, 2009 3:54 pm

I don't know about that, Watziznehm. She does like warm baths and soft beds, so she'd probably be willing to wear lipstick if it would save her life... lol, just kidding.
Jill's fiesty, stubborn and definitely a showoff. However, that doesn't mean the person who plays her has to be. I know I girl I think could play the part, even if she is a little bit older than Jill probably is in SC.

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Nov 05, 2009 7:30 pm

I agree, Dernhelm_of_Rohan. She is a tomboy but still appreciates nice things like shelter and food :p But I also agree with Watziznehm. She is definitely an outdoorsy person, but still, she just might wear nylons since she took her fancy dress from narnia and wore it to a holiday party at home.
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Nov 08, 2009 2:48 pm

Just a thought...

Actually, everyone in movies wear make-up. Wouldn't it be funny if Jill didn't like make-up, but she was actually wearing a ton while filming? I know from experience, when an actor or actress looks completely blemish free, they are walking around with an inch thick of blush and foundation caked on their face. I should know, it's happened to me!

Btw, I have been in movies and things like that, so I'd love to play the part of Jill Pole. I'm just saying... :) ( Don't judge me! ) :ymhug:
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Watziznehm » Nov 08, 2009 5:02 pm

JillPollWannabe123 wrote:Btw, I have been in movies and things like that, so I'd love to play the part of Jill Pole. I'm just saying... :) ( Don't judge me! ) :ymhug:

Judge you; certainly not.... unless you did land the part and absolutely murdered her character. If that were to happen, then, I might politely propose that you stunk and that perhaps you should consider sticking home videos or at most a TV movies. ;) But, if you are an excellent actress you should fear no such criticism. :)
Sig by greenleaf23.
Watziznehm
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Nov 13, 2009 5:21 pm

Oh, thank you Watziznehm. I feel so much better about myself. You have made me a better person by saying that. (Sarcasm. You caught that, right?)
Anyway... Jill is a very interesting character. Out of all of the characters in the books, Jill is one of the hardest to play. So is Peter Pevensie, Eustace Scrubb, Puddleglum, etc. I just hope they cast THE perfect person to play Jill. If not, I will lose my faith in Narnia, and never return to this website again.
(Ok, no. I'm not that dramatic. Lol!)
=))
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext